McKenzie Just Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

McKenzie Just Released

Read it on Twitter a moment ago...what the heck?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: McKenzie Just Released

We had too many ILBs, but didn't think McKenzie would get the axe. Maybe an OLB is getting picked up. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

4. Mike Reiss MikeReiss The Patriots release ILB Tyrone McKenzie, the club announces today.   McKenzie was behind Brandon Spikes and Gary Guyton on the depth chart at ILB. Team apparently likes RFA Dane Fletcher ahead of him too.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

Guyton doesn't take blocks on and shed very well...McKenzie more of a true 3-4 ILB in that sense, hope he clears waivers and can go on PS

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

mcKenzie better than fletcher and possibly guyton ... never got a fair chance ....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

He looked totally LOST most of the time.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I will probably get slammed for this but geez BB and the Pats have not been very good picking LB's lately.  Outside of Mayo, they have had a ton of misses and very few hits.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Some are even questioning the Mayo pick of late...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Anyone running the numbers, are they still at 53 w/ Maneri in and Mckenzie out? Is this clearing the way for another announcement?

In Response to Re: McKenzie Just Released:
    I will probably get slammed for this but geez BB and the Pats have not been very good picking LB's lately.  Outside of Mayo, they have had a ton of misses and very few hits.
    Posted by Patsman2

There's nothing inaccurate about your statement.  Hopefully Spikes and Cunningham are hits.  I'd even say Mayo has regressed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: McKenzie Just Released : There's nothing inaccurate about your statement.  Hopefully Spikes and Cunningham are hits.  I'd even say Mayo has regressed.
    Posted by Tcal2

Some feel that that's because Mayo has been put out of position on an unusually high number of plays this preseason and that's why he looks like he's regressing. What you think of that?

In Response to Re: McKenzie Just Released : Some feel that that's because Mayo has been put out of position on an unusually high number of plays this preseason and that's why he looks like he's regressing. What you think of that?
    Posted by apdynasty23

I hope that's all it is.  That scenario sounds very fixable.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

OK why would the this organization put so much into this guy (coaching, training, IR) get absolutely nothing in return (playing time, trade, Practice squad).

• You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Every year we can expect the unexpected but this year is crazy. Our offense is going to win games with our D playing less aggressive and avoiding the big plays. Crable back???? 

• This post has been removed.

OK why would the this organization put so much into this guy (coaching, training, IR) get absolutely nothing in return (playing time, trade, Practice squad).
    Posted by HRK103

They were probable trying hard Harley but no one bit.  I kinda had a feeling BB was blowing smoke the other day when he was parising McKenzie.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodnGutz. Show BloodnGutz's posts

Posted by HRK103

This is insane Harley Road King, are you absolutely sure of this fact?  Do you understand what this could mean to the Patriot Nation  if this is true? Are you sure Unclealfie is playing with dolls? Yell

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the practice squad once he clears waivers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

In Response to Re: McKenzie Just Released : This is insane Harley Road King, are you absolutely sure of this fact?  Do you understand what this could mean to the Patriot Nation  if this is true? Are you sure Unclealfie is playing with dolls?
    Posted by BloodnGutz

If I'm lying I'm dyin'   Also know for a fact he has a blowup doll of Dick Cheney.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

MikeReiss    The Patriots release ILB Tyrone McKenzie, the club announces today.    McKenzie was behind Brandon Spikes and Gary Guyton on the depth chart at ILB. Team apparently likes RFA Dane Fletcher ahead of him too.
    Posted by Rocky

wow, a kid from Montana st  makes the team

http://blog.blitznation.com/2010/04/01/under-the-radar-dane-fletcher/

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Once again, I don't get it right.  I NEVER get it right.  EVER.  But it's ok, I would have played Micheal Bishop ahead of Brady.  Goes to show you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re:  I'd even say Mayo has regressed.
    Posted by Tcal2

he looked so the other night against the Jints 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just another ILB McKenzie wasn't distinguishing himself as a special teamer and reserve Linebackers are a dime a dozen. Fletcher is a keeper,he was the captain of his college team. He might actually see quite a few reps at the ILB position. Also it was no surprise to see BB bring back Crable as a practice squad player and I wouldn't expect him to stay on that squad very long. First man back will be Crable. Jenkins probably should have made the 53 man team outright based upon his explosiveness when he has the ball in his hands.Either way BB could still have plenty of moves left before the roster actually is completed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm not sure I care about pedigree, i.e. first round, third round, RFA, cut by some other team, whatever, as long as they pick the best players and don't keep guys around just because they drafted them.  So maybe they decided Fletcher and Guyton are better football players than McKenzie.  Fine with me. 

From what I saw, which was only the ATL and NYG games, I wasn't impressed with McKenzie.  He made some tackles, but it seemed like every tackle he made was after a 7 yard gain.  He didn't look like an NFL MLB to my untrained eye. 

But then again, Slater doesn't look much an NFL player to me either, and he's still around.  Ditto Wilhite...

• Sections
    Shortcuts