McKenzie Just Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Re: McKenzie Just Released

Poor kid, I feel horriable 4 him. Some people got luck and some don't. Such a sweet kid.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why did they draft this guy?
    He was a 43 linebacker in college, had 43 linebacker size and was known as an outside linebacker. I can't understand what the hell they are doing anymore.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think he'll wind up on the practice squad if somebody else doesn't claim him first in the next 24 hours.  McKenzie was a roster keeper until Steve Maneri came along.  BB's main hope is that there's so little videotape out there on McKenzie that no one gambles on him.  Also, McKenzie does have that big scar on his knee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: McKenzie Just Released:
    [QUOTE]Ok, Rusty once again, you let your dislike for me get in the way of the point you are trying to make,..YOu couldnt just show up, say you were wrong, and leave it at that...so you made up some more B.S. to try to discredit my fan-ship...You futuile attempts to sound cool and smart have once again failed...I may be a pessimist fan, I'll give u dat...but I am not innacurate.... Ok, listen up....Bobby Grier was a nfl scout when Parcells came, but as Bill always said, if you gonna tell me to coach let me buy the groceries...Just like Pioli and Billicheck, A gm and Scout work Together (u still with me), so you have to credit both Grier and Bill, and I remember the fallout between them, cuz Bill wanted to draft Tony Bracken who went to J-Ville, and we got soft a ss Terry Glenn, who quit and was cut THE YEAR WE WON  THE SB!, so maybe we needed him in 96' to get there as you say...but didnt need his p ussy a ss in 01 to win it, did we?  Nice try~ and further more, after Bill left, and soft a ss Carrol came in, Grier was promoted to vp of player personell and the picks were horrible, so you do the math Rusty...who was it?  Grier or Bill, as Bill went on to make winning franchises out of the Jets, the Boys, the Phins, all in  a matter of 2 years or less, with Miami going from 1-15 to division title...and Billicheck will tell you he learned a lot from the Tuna...   So once again, you are wrong Rusty.,..I know you thnk im a troll, therfore you can spew whatever you want, and I'll crawl in a hole cuz I dont know the truth,but unlike you I tell it like it is... I dont know where you get this B.S. info,,,if you stop s ucking Bill's a ss, like I told you, you might learn something....Bill Billicheck is a great coach...there, are you happy, I cant concede anything else...Is it what it is....What team has he built from the ground up that won everything??? YOu keep telling everyone that will listen that Miami cut 2 high picks from lasy year.,...Hey ,when you draft 2 starting stud CB's that play all season and are future cogs, you can afford to miss a couple...I would take Smith and Davis in a heartbeat, and would just be happy that we solved our secondary problem.. Thats why I question why we always trade down for more pics, if this team is so hard to make, and we never use the pics...we stockpile em and cut em...Do you think we will take 2 1st rounders next year, or push them until 2015...when will they move up and get pass rusher, instead of keep stockpiling pics that cant make the team..?  DO you have these answers Rusty??
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]
    Hey man! Stock piling picks for the future is an awesome idea. Just think how good we'll be in 2018!! Oh wait the world is going to end in 2012.
    Don't mind me I'm just pissed because I waste money on draft publications and we end up picking half a dozen guys that no one has listed in any of these books and 3 years latter no one has still heard of them:(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm still waiting for Rusty's rebuttal.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

What get's me is that McKenzie was out his entire rookie year.  He supposedly has a good off-season, participates in camp and pre season.  BB was said by many on this forum that he just loves this guy.  And just like that he gets cut.  Meanwhile,  Shawn Crable seems to have more lives than a cat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]What rebuttal? This person seriously thinks Parcells has a track record of drafting well.  It's absolutely hilarious. What has Parcells ever done via the draft or even FA as a GM in this league? Who on earth would proclaim a guy who spend 2-4 seasons as coach or partial GM per stop in his more recent career, as someone who has a better resume than BB, and then use it as a reference point?
    Posted by ClarkGriswold[/QUOTE]
    I was just enjoying the back and forth between you two.  I'm at work and it's a slow day.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"BB was said by many on this forum that he just loves this guy."

Q: So what have we learned from this?

A: People on Internet forums have no idea what's going on in BB mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McKenzie Just Released : Hey man! Stock piling picks for the future is an awesome idea. Just think how good we'll be in 2018!! Oh wait the world is going to end in 2012. Don't mind me I'm just pissed because I waste money on draft publications and we end up picking half a dozen guys that no one has listed in any of these books and 3 years latter no one has still heard of them:(
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Those same people who said we could NEVER win the SB in 2001.  Also said it in 2003.  2004 they were on the bandwagon, but ONLY after being wrong so much before.  Then they were SURE we would beat the Giants and were wrong.  Go ahead and bet with what the ANALysts say.  Its always a good idea, even though very few of them EVER correctly guess the sb winner, or even division winners.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]He looked totally LOST most of the time.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Perhaps LOST is just too harsh of a word.

Here are some preseason stats: No context, just raw numbers. Yes I know stats do not always and maybe even rarely tell the real story. Just for thought...

Preaseaon tackles By Player

Mayo - 22
    Spikes - 20
    McKenzie - 19
    Fletcher - 12
    Guyton - 7
    Alexander - 6

Mayo and McKenzie tied with 10 tackles a piece for the most tackles in a single 2010 preseason Pats game.

So while McKenzie did get cut as a last necessity to help fill a real liability of depth at Tackle along the offensive line, I hardy equate that kind of production with being LOST as you suggest.

With depth in mind remember that the Patriots have ONLY 4 OLB on the roster yet Fletcher played 4-3 DE, I believe, in college and was widely expected by many of us to play standing up at OLB not ILB. He would give that versatility over McKenzie if needed. 

Let's say for arguments sake McKenzie and Fletcher were mostly even. You could save a lot more money by keeping Fletcher and trying to resign McKenzie to the practice squad for less money. The Patriots already threw McKenzie a bone and negotiated in good faith last season even though he blew out his knee prior to having his contract done.

Here's the other thing to keep in mind. With rosters being more set at this juncture there is a greater possibility McKenzie could clear and be placed on the practice squad, if they are interested.I would assume they would be as they have room.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McKenzie Just Released : Those same people who said we could NEVER win the SB in 2001.  Also said it in 2003.  2004 they were on the bandwagon, but ONLY after being wrong so much before.  Then they were SURE we would beat the Giants and were wrong.  Go ahead and bet with what the ANALysts say.  Its always a good idea, even though very few of them EVER correctly guess the sb winner, or even division winners.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Nobody expected the Cardinals to go a few years ago, especiallay after they got pantsed by New England in the snow. Nobody expected New Orleans to go last year. They were 13-0 and then lost 3 going into the playoffs when the pundits said "no undefeated team that had a 3-game losing streak entering the playoffs won the Super Bowl"

All of this is pure speculation and entertainment but some people (or "fan's") negative attitudes are just plain annoying. They want to see Pro Bowl talent at the top of the depth charts at each positition. Otherwise, it's "Bill is losing it and his ego's getting too big."

One day, Belichick and Brady won't be around. Enjoy what we have thus far and take pride in the fact that he's putting together a competitive team.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

We're spending a lot of energy and bandwidth on guys who are getting cut.  None of these guys matter.  There's not an impact player on the list, that's why they're being shown the door. 

Whether you're a BB acolyte or a hater, there's no denying his won-loss record.  So, whether he's a great GM/team builder or he's a clown, there's no getting around that he recognizes when a guy has a chance to play for him once he's put him through the paces of camp and preseason. 

That said, I still can't explain Slater...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Has the greatest Patriot since Terrence Nunn, to never play a meaningful down, get signed to the practice squad yet?  I haven't noticed his name listed.