McNabb traded to Redskins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

McNabb traded to Redskins

Great news for Patriots fans!

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Donovan McNabb has been traded to the Washington Redskins. Compensation still unknown. But McNabb's a Redskin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: McNabb traded to Redskins

Smart move by Shanahan to get an experienced QB and save the 4th pick for something else. Bad news the rest of the NFC East.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Excellent news!

Our 2011 first round pick just jumped up 8-10 spots!

Jesus: Andy Reid just put Kevin Kolb's head on a block.  Got Pressure?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots12x81. Show Patriots12x81's posts

kolbs trash its gotta be vick. Redskins will compete now and i say they draft eric berry now which will help them lots!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This is a very good trade for the Skins, Shanahan will make mcnab better.  They need a few WRs now, I'm sure Jerry Jones will be doing some sort of trade before the draft.  he can't help himself, he has to be the center of attention.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

WOW!!! they finally get mcnabb some effin receivers then trade him after a stellar season(statistacally)... i know the NFL is cutthroat but i NEVER thought i would see mcnabb in another jersee... WOW... Eagles fans who wanted him out are going to be in for a RUUUUUDE awakening.... corn on a Kolb is in for a pressure packed year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Indeed, this was an underrated storyline for Pats fans, although I think the Raiders were hoping that McNabb would be able to teach JaMarcus Russell how to play QB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

2nd rounder in this draft, and a 3rd and 4th next year. I am glad he didnt go to the raiders.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: McNabb traded to Redskins:
    I'm sure Jerry Jones will be doing some sort of trade before the draft.  he can't help himself, he has to be the center of attention.
    Posted by Pats7393

Good point. Trades coming!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

kolbs trash its gotta be vick. Redskins will compete now and i say they draft eric berry now which will help them lots!
    Posted by Patriots12x81

No, no -- Kolb is their guy!  I dunno... he'd better produce or those Philly fans will  defile his wife and eat his children.  Those guys make Pats fans look like Wimbledon-ers. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

Great news for PATS!  Great pickup for Shanahan.

Kolb is going to be a better QB than most people think.  In his first start against NO he threw for 391 yards, 2 TDs, and three Int.  The next week he throws for 327 yards, 2 TD, 70% comp, and 120 qb rating.  It was against KC but i think hes going to be ok.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I wonder how the mock draft would hold up now..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Clausen to Buffalo????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I think Kolb is going to be a good quarterback.  Good move for both teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why trade your borderline FHOF QB to your divisional rival? What next, the Pats will trade Brady to the Bills?

I think this means that the Skins might go after Dez Bryant in round 1 to get McNabb a WR or they trade with the Patriots their 2nd and 3rd for our pick 22, and draft Tate. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

My guess is the only reason they traded McNabb to a divisonal rivial is because the Redskins were the only team that would trade what the Eagles were looking for. I can't see any other reason to trade within the division.  Kind of reminds me of Bledsoe's trade to Buffalol

The Redskins got a lot better with that trade!  I am sure Shannahan is glad to have McNabb over Campbell. They have the" running back by committee" and a low first round pick 

The Philly fans will regret never being happy enough with McNabb. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I think REdskins have pulled off a great deal! They get a QB, can draft McCoy/Suh at #4. And use the other choices to build up the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

That's a trade that takes some bawls to make.  Think it helps the Skins and not so sure it's a bad thing for the Eagles at this point.  Philly must think McNabb's nearing the end to pull this one off -- sort of like BB fleecing the Bills for Bledsoe.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Great news, not that I'm a big McNab fan, but with Russel still in there we're looking at top 8 pick. Plus now that Seymore is a year removed from the trade, you gotta think his anger and motivation will be down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I am sure Shannahan is glad to have McNabb over Campbell. Posted by Rocky

and now they have someone to mentor Campbell who has been a bust so far.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The trading of McNabb to the Skins doesn't effect the Patriots. However it does effect the Skins draft,with the acquisition of McNabb the Skins won't be looking for a QB early in this draft. They better find him someone to throw the ball to!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The majority of Eagles fans make me laugh.... They did not like McNabb and were disappointed in him as their QB, but now that he is traded those fans are annoyed and ticked off that was traded!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

eagles fans are dumb... mcnabb was the first QB to ever take them to the big game, the best QB they've ever had!!... if mcnabb was a patriot he would have multiple rings already... sending him the skins where doug williams(black Qb) is beloved and the fanatics(take notes fellow pats fan even when they're losing the fans are enthused) will wholeheartly embrace him is andy reid showing him some love

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Since the redskins got DM there gonna need some bodys to protect him, their line was swiss cheese last year with all the injuries to Chris samuels(he retired bc of it) and they released randy thomas bc he was injured most of the year.. So i would be surprised if they selected anything other than an OL with thier first pick. perhaps a tackle like Okung.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Smart move by Shanahan to get an experienced QB and save the 4th pick for something else. Bad news the rest of the NFC East.
    Posted by NYC

NYC:

The 'Skins may yet select a QB with their top pick. Look for them to try to trade Jason Campbell asap, to recoup some of the draft choices that they gave up in the McNabb deal.