McNabb traded to Redskins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: McNabb traded to Redskins

In Response to Re: McNabb traded to Redskins:
    Indeed, this was an underrated storyline for Pats fans, although I think the Raiders were hoping that McNabb would be able to teach JaMarcus Russell how to play QB.
    Posted by NickC1188

Nick:

It will be interesting to see whether the Raiders make a run at Jason Campbell. But, even if they get him, he's no McNabb. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

eagles fans are dumb... mcnabb was the first QB to ever take them to the big game, the best QB they've ever had!!... if mcnabb was a patriot he would have multiple rings already... sending him the skins where doug williams(black Qb) is beloved and the fanatics(take notes fellow pats fan even when they're losing the fans are enthused) will wholeheartly embrace him is andy reid showing him some love
    Posted by 81pats12

81pats:

I too see this as a good deal for the 'Skins...who give up their 37th overall pick this year, and either a 3rd or 4th in 2011, in what should be a weak draft. Kevin Kolb had better produce.

I expect that the 'Skins will seek to unload incumbent QB, Jason Campbell, for a 3rd (hopefully) or 4th (more realistically) round pick...and select a LT, or, perhaps QB Jimmy Clausen, with their 4th overall pick, to serve as "The Don's" understudy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I think Kolb is going to be a good quarterback.  Good move for both teams.
    Posted by pyegian

pye:

If Kolb can play, this will be a good trade for the Eagles. The 37th overall pick should land Philly a good player. But, then again, they could end up with a Chad Jackson, or a Patrick Chung. 

In the meantime, the Redskins land themselves a proven, pro-bowl quality QB...freeing them to dump the inconsistent Jason Campbell...and recoup some draft choices. It also frees the 'Skins use their 4th overall pick on a sorely needed LT.

I like the trade better for the 'Skins.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

But, then again, they could end up with a Chad Jackson, or a Patrick Chung.       
    Posted by TexasPat3

Why the Chung Hate? he played well when he did play, not to mention pretty good at ST

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: McNabb traded to Redskins : Why the Chung Hate? he played well when he did play, not to mention pretty good at ST
    Posted by thejoshuatree28

Exactly, and he was a rookie as well. I'm not sure why people are so down on him.

It's going to be really strange seeing McNabb as a Redskin. The Philly fans will miss him and now have a new QB to be unhappy with. McNabb wasn't respected as much as he should have been in Philly. I hope he performs well with the Redskins and wins both games against the Eagles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Yah , I think we all agree that McNabb NOT being a Raider is a good thing ...
    Unfortunately , the Eagles just became MAJOR DRAFTBOARD CONTROLLERS .

1 (24)Own Pick
    2 (37)Acquired from Washington for QB Donovan McNabb
    2 (55)Own Pick
    3 (70)Acquired from Seattle in 2009 draft day trade
    3 (87)Own Pick
    4 (105)Acquired from Cleveland along with LB Alex Hall for CB Sheldon Brown and LB Chris Gocong
    4 (121)Own Pick
    5 (137)Acquired from Cleveland along with LB Alex Hall for CB Sheldon Brown and LB Chris Gocong
    6 (200)Acquired from Indianapolis in 2009 draft day trade
    7 (243)Compensatory Pick
    7 (244)Compensatory Pick

BB and Reid are typically the Draft puppetmasters and with the Eagles snagging a early 2nd , 3rd , & 4th rounders over the last few days ...
       They've probably just surpassed our stockpile .
    ( We have three 2nd rounders to their two , but they've got two 3rds , two 4ths & a 5th , while we have One 4th & no 3rds / 5ths )

So this McNabb signing is good news for the 2011 draft , but bad news for 2010.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Why trade your borderline FHOF QB to your divisional rival? What next, the Pats will trade Brady to the Bills? I think this means that the Skins might go after Dez Bryant in round 1 to get McNabb a WR or they trade with the Patriots their 2nd and 3rd for our pick 22, and draft Tate. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Well that trade won't be happening considering they no longer own their second round pick.  Although a play maker like Bryant would help them they desperately need tackles to protect McNabb.  I'd put money on it being Okung at #4.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

If I was Shannahan I would draft a WR or a RB first.  I haven't been excited about a draft like this in a long time. It could be a time when you just stock up and don't move a lot of picks around or maybe you do a ton of moving going after a couple guys you know will be major difference makers in your system. Eagles and Patriots and Cleveland are the early favorites to be movers when you look at teams with a ton of picks in the first three rounds.

As for this trade... #1, Eagles just got worse... wouldn't be suprised if they went 5-11. #2, Patriots just sighed a huge sigh of relief over their 2011 draft prospects. #3. RedSkins could suprise this year and be 11-5 or better. #4. The rest of the NFC East is in trouble!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Good Trade for Skins, but believe they have to extend Mc Nabb and grab a QB that can learn the West Coast offense from him. Does this mean the Raiders are in contention for Clausen ? Either way Mc Nabb not going to the Raiders is good news for the Pats and that 2011 1st is once again top 10.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Good Trade for Skins, but believe they have to extend Mc Nabb and grab a QB that can learn the West Coast offense from him. Does this mean the Raiders are in contention for Clausen ? Either way Mc Nabb not going to the Raiders is good news for the Pats and that 2011 1st is once again top 10.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Hog:

That this was a good trade for the Redskins was my first reaction, too. But then I read this article by Mike Wise of the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/05/AR2010040500166.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Great news!

We just moved up 10 or more positions in the 2011 draft.

Sections
Shortcuts