McShay's first round picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: McShay's first round picks

In Response to McShay's first round picks:
    [QUOTE]17...DE Ryan Kerrigan/Purdue and #28 RB Mark Ingram/Alabama...I like the DE with the first pick(JJ Watt or Ryan Kerrigan?). I dont like the RB pick at 28. I think we should go best OLB available or best OL available??? Who would you guys want??
    Posted by patsox9-8[/QUOTE]

Ingram is vastly overrated. I want to see the Pats go defense and OL...period. The Pats have a reputation of being "soft" throughout the league. Based on their performances in the play-offs over the past two years, there may be something to it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

I agree with you TexasPat3, immediate needs, Pass Rusher DL, OL, WR , RB in that order. Light is getting long in the tooth, time to move Vollmer over to LT and Drafter an RT

Most likely we can pick up a decent RB free agent, though i'm not against trading Clevend for there RB, LOL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I would draft Mikel Leshoure over Ingram

He fits our needs more especially if we keep BJGE, Woody, and Faulk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

17 = Kerrigan, Agreed
    28 = Gabe Carimi
    33 = Mike Pouncey

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

In Response to McShay's first round picks:
    [QUOTE]17...DE Ryan Kerrigan/Purdue and #28 RB Mark Ingram/Alabama...I like the DE with the first pick(JJ Watt or Ryan Kerrigan?). I dont like the RB pick at 28. I think we should go best OLB available or best OL available??? Who would you guys want??
    Posted by patsox9-8[/QUOTE]
    Even though they both played DE in college, JJ Watt would translate to the 3-4 differently than Kerrigan would. Because of his size (6-6, 292), Watt would remain a DE, whereas Kerrigan (6-4, 263) would have to transition from DE to OLB.

Personally, I'd rather have Watt with the 17th pick, as I think that DE is the biggest need for the Pats (by a small margin), followed closely by needs at OLB and along the OL. There's a significant drop off in talent between DE's projected to be 1st rounders and the DE's projected to be 2nd rounders, so it would make sense to fill one of our biggest needs with the best available correlating talent (I know that seems self-evident, but I've always believed that great defenses are built around a strong line, and at the moment, the Pats D-line [even with Ty Warren returning] could be improved).

I mentioned this in the Mel Kiper thread, and I'll say it again: RB is not nearly as big of a need as DE, OLB, or OL. I know the RB spot could be improved, but I would rather see our higher picks invested on the 3 spots I mentioned. Therefore someone like Mike Pouncey (OG from Florida and favorite of mbeaulieu [not that that's a bad thing!]) or Justin Houston  (OLB from Georgia) would make more sense at 28.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Pats needs are many. One OL, one playmaker on defense front, and one playmaker on offense.

The team is primed with decent talent at a lot of positions, but have zero guys who can literally make something happen from nothing on the edge of the defense, and no one who can do the same on the offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

raiders pick dl, unless there are 2-3 dl left at that point and only 1 bookend tackle left.
    pats pick - ot and if a 1st round tackle is not there, don't reach, go og, or olb, if 1st round quality not there, trade back to early second (around 38-41) and get a 4th for the trouble.
    carolina pick - best available of ot, og, c, dl, db in that order.

for everyone saying draft a running back, why draft a back when we a) have a decent back in law firm, and b) need to upgrade the line for any back to run through.

Sections
Shortcuts