Mebbe We Can do Something Like This: this defense ranks third in the league with 5.6 yards allowed per attempt on passes outside the numbers (Guess)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

it's the rams.

The Rams’ pass defense has been very effective this season, thanks in no small part to the additions of cornerbacks Janoris Jenkins andCortland Finnegan. Jenkins is tied for the league lead with nine passes defended, breaking up seven passes in addition to his two interceptions. Finnegan, who was signed from the Titans in the offseason, is tied for fourth in the league with three interceptions through seven games. Their arrival is a major reason why the Rams’ defense ranks third in the league with 5.6 yards allowed per attempt on passes outside the numbers.

many of you all know we had a shot at both and i wanted them,

maybe bb can lose the "pride"/ego and do something like this in the offseason (if not a trade before) - get us some(or a) top cbs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Just wehn you have todays board quirks worked out, teh quirks change.

apologies

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Those two are quite a tandem. I wanted Jenkins too but BB knows best and I like Jones and Hightower. I think he was gone by the Wilson pick.

Great corners like the Rams have makes for a good pass defens and improves the entire defense as well. This game will present a challenge for the offense to pass.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think part of the problem is that secondary players (at least good ones) don't come cheap.

How much does a elite starting corner cost nowadays? Whatever it is, I guarantee you that it doesn't fit into our "value" cost index. That's why we've spent a large majority of our draft resources selecting these players..it's cheap. If you hit it, then you have a guy at a position that costs serious money on the cheap - we haven't hit on any of them - it's hurt the defense not only there, but in other spots. It's a good idea in theory - you draft a corner or safety relatively high. You coach them to fit into your system and then you end up with a good secondary. Also as an added benefit you get to operate your team without spending to the salary cap (as we have done for two straight seasons...7 million under this year and last). So everyone wins!! The team is solid and you win championships and the owner gets an extra 14 million of cash profit in his pockets.

It didn't work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Those two are quite a tandem. I wanted Jenkins too but BB knows best and I like Jones and Hightower. I think he was gone by the Wilson pick.

Great corners like the Rams have makes for a good pass defens and improves the entire defense as well. This game will present a challenge for the offense to pass.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for the comments sporter.

yes no teh plan would have been to move up from the wilson pick to get him.

anyway, moving on, (i dotn trust bb and due to a long history here, but im hopeful) i hope we do something like this going forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think part of the problem is that secondary players (at least good ones) don't come cheap.

How much does a elite starting corner cost nowadays? Whatever it is, I guarantee you that it doesn't fit into our "value" cost index. That's why we've spent a large majority of our draft resources selecting these players..it's cheap. If you hit it, then you have a guy at a position that costs serious money on the cheap - we haven't hit on any of them - it's hurt the defense not only there, but in other spots. It's a good idea in theory - you draft a corner or safety relatively high. You coach them to fit into your system and then you end up with a good secondary. Also as an added benefit you get to operate your team without spending to the salary cap (as we have done for two straight seasons...7 million under this year and last). So everyone wins!! The team is solid and you win championships and the owner gets an extra 14 million of cash profit in his pockets.

It didn't work.

[/QUOTE]

"How much does a elite starting corner cost nowadays? Whatever it is, I guarantee you that it doesn't fit into our "value" cost index."

thats teh problem right there. you want a good defense, you fit it in.

ask teh top gms what you have to have to have an elite or a good team, and elite corner, along with pass rushing de are 2 of teh pieces you want to have on defense.

yes they are worth ten million. and doubly worth it to a gm who cant pick a good cb form a needle in a haystack.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it's the rams.

The Rams’ pass defense has been very effective this season, thanks in no small part to the additions of cornerbacks Janoris Jenkins andCortland Finnegan. Jenkins is tied for the league lead with nine passes defended, breaking up seven passes in addition to his two interceptions. Finnegan, who was signed from the Titans in the offseason, is tied for fourth in the league with three interceptions through seven games. Their arrival is a major reason why the Rams’ defense ranks third in the league with 5.6 yards allowed per attempt on passes outside the numbers.

maybe bb can lose the "pride"/ego and do something like this in the offseason (if not a trade before) - get us some(or a) top cbs.

[/QUOTE]

You know who else has 9 passes defended with 2 int's?

Devin McCourty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

it's the rams.

[/QUOTE]

Devin McCourty. "Mebbe" you should attempt (although I doubt it is possible) to understand the NFL salary cap, and realize why we didn't/shouldn't sign guys like Cortland Finnegan and Ladarius Webb to 50 million dollar contracts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I was gonna post that message 13 times but figured it would be a waste just as the 1st one probably is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it's the rams.

[/QUOTE]

Devin McCourty. "Mebbe" you should attempt (although I doubt it is possible) to understand the NFL salary cap, and realize why we didn't/shouldn't sign guys like Cortland Finnegan and Ladarius Webb to 50 million dollar contracts.

[/QUOTE]

maybe you want to give credit to others pehaps, that they are as smart as you and have other ways to make a better team given what we have and what $ is available.

last i read we had like 10 mil space.  also over this offseason, i valued the elite cb over a 7th offensive weapon (welker)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

it's the rams.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It didn't work.

[/QUOTE]

yes exactly it didnt work for years because bb is the braintrust. its up to him and he aint good at picking them. whish is why were talkkign about spending top $ to get on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Yeah we want a defense that gives up 45 points

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to gogogopats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if our starters mcc adn arr played oru offense teh first 7 games tehyd put up 80.

by the way, nice tact yo are taking here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Did someone call the fire department for Jenkins on that Lloyd pass? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Janoris Jenkins = Burnt Taost.

Brandon Lloyd signed an autograph for him at the end of the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to gogogopats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if our starters mcc adn arr played oru offense teh first 7 games tehyd put up 80.

by the way, nice tact yo are taking here.

[/QUOTE]

Lol guess we will never know.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did someone call the fire department for Jenkins on that Lloyd pass? 

[/QUOTE]

defiinitely.

but anyone who can evaluate db play woudl know both jenkins and finnnegan ar far superior to anything we have

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

but anyone who can evaluate db play woudl know both jenkins and finnnegan ar far superior to anything we have

All hail the allmighty scout! Jenkins sure looked superior, after they hit him with the extinguisher. I wonder if Dennard would have anyting to say about this.

You harp on the coaching, tell me oh wise one who would you rather have as a HC? Rex?  ha ha

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

All hail the allmighty scout! Jenkins sure looked superior, after they hit him with the extinguisher. I wonder if Dennard would have anyting to say about this.

You harp on the coaching, tell me oh wise one who would you rather have as a HC? Rex?  ha ha