Media Hates the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodsport. Show goodsport's posts

Media Hates the Pats

I find the things I hear in the media absolutely incredible when these so called experts talk about the Pats.  When they beat Tenn. all I heard was that the Pats were, once again, running up the score on a coach that was a goody-goody.  I heard this comment consistently 2 years ago.  Funny, I never heard any comments about all of the lopsided scores this year by other teams, especially not about the Colts score against St. Louis.  Also, I keep hearing how the Colts and Manning are unbelievable this year but I also just heard that the Pats have not played anybody.  Do these "experts" look at anything?  The Colts won-loss numbers of the teams they played so far is 11-26, the Pats 20-25 and "we" have not played anybody!  By the way, the Minn. team was already picked for the SB and the won-loss of opponents is 17-28.

Bill B. does not give these experts anything so they really hate him!  They have also turned the rest of the country into Pats haters although most Pats haters are just plain jealous!  The Pats are the best team of the century but one would never know this listening to these bunch of clowns!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TobiasHeffernan. Show TobiasHeffernan's posts

Re: Media Hates the Pats

who cares

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Media Hates the Pats:
    [QUOTE]I find the things I hear in the media absolutely incredible when these so called experts talk about the Pats.  When they beat Tenn. all I heard was that the Pats were, once again, running up the score on a coach that was a goody-goody.  I heard this comment consistently 2 years ago.  Funny, I never heard any comments about all of the lopsided scores this year by other teams, especially not about the Colts score against St. Louis.  Also, I keep hearing how the Colts and Manning are unbelievable this year but I also just heard that the Pats have not played anybody.  Do these "experts" look at anything?  The Colts won-loss numbers of the teams they played so far is 11-26, the Pats 20-25 and "we" have not played anybody!  By the way, the Minn. team was already picked for the SB and the won-loss of opponents is 17-28. Bill B. does not give these experts anything so they really hate him!  They have also turned the rest of the country into Pats haters although most Pats haters are just plain jealous!  The Pats are the best team of the century but one would never know this listening to these bunch of clowns!
    Posted by goodsport[/QUOTE]

They hate Bill Belichick not necessarily the team. They have been doing this for years. They love Bill Parcells so they ripped Belichick for the way he came here from the Jets saying that he stabbed the Tuna in the back. Kevin Mannix referred to him as duplicitous pond scum. Ted Sarandis called him a creep and said that this was a bad day in Patriots history.You really need to quit listening to and reading the so called experts. They are "bad Karma" and will just drag you down if you are a Pats fan. I quit ESPN after their nonstop 6 month spygate attack and I'm happier for it. I don't recommend listening to Mike Felger either. These guys make their money being negative and I'm not supporting them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]I find the things I hear in the media absolutely incredible when these so called experts talk about the Pats.  When they beat Tenn. all I heard was that the Pats were, once again, running up the score on a coach that was a goody-goody.  I heard this comment consistently 2 years ago.  Funny, I never heard any comments about all of the lopsided scores this year by other teams, especially not about the Colts score against St. Louis.  Also, I keep hearing how the Colts and Manning are unbelievable this year but I also just heard that the Pats have not played anybody.  Do these "experts" look at anything?  The Colts won-loss numbers of the teams they played so far is 11-26, the Pats 20-25 and "we" have not played anybody!  By the way, the Minn. team was already picked for the SB and the won-loss of opponents is 17-28. Bill B. does not give these experts anything so they really hate him!  They have also turned the rest of the country into Pats haters although most Pats haters are just plain jealous!  The Pats are the best team of the century but one would never know this listening to these bunch of clowns!

Pats fans don't care. Most sports media is about filling airtime with National Enquirer type BS. They build teams up so they can tear them down and they have to have a new darling every season. Sanchez was supposed to be the new great thing but he proved a disappointment. They can't use Brees or Peyton because they're not 'new' and all the other 1st year QB's have been a disappointment. Could this be the reason I don't watch ESPN or any of the pregame network shows?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from realpatone. Show realpatone's posts

I agree with Tobias....who CARES what the national media thinks??!!  If you love your team, support them, and BLEEP everyone else and the horse they rode in on!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As long as you know YOU like your team, does it really matter what the media thinks?  Does it change your mind?

In the end, they are folks like you with an opinion, but, unlike you, have a soapbox to stand on to get attention.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Media Hates the Pats:
    [QUOTE]who cares
    Posted by TobiasHeffernan[/QUOTE]

ditto

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

BUT I dont agree about the team of the century thing.  A century is a long time.  We havent quite locked up the decade even. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Don´t worry about those naive things... You & I like the Pats for what they do on the field, for what their game make us feel. Pasion !!!

If some people don´t like us, so be it !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I never heard anything about the running up of the score.  Someone did point out a couple of articles to me, but nothing in broadcasts.  If something was mentioned, did they actually say the pats ran up the score or was it a question asked for discussion?  And if the latter, did anyone actually say they were and if so who?

As to the comparison of the pats titans game 59-0 to the colts rams 42-6, there are a number of differences 1.  the point differential is 23 points (3+ td's) so that is substantially different, and yet I didn't think the pats ran up the score.  2.  This game was actually no different than the pats bucs game.  In that game, Brady was in until the pats went up 35-7.  In the colt rams game Manning was in until the colts went up 35-6.  The final score was on a 30 yd stretch play (not intended to gain big yards) by our 3rd or 4th string running back and handed to him by our back up qb. 

As for the colts being good.  They are undefeated.  The pats have lost 2.  The colts did come back and beat Miami in Miami and only had the ball 15 minutes.  They also beat SB runner up AZ handily in AZ.  Other than that a very weak schedule, I agree.  On the other hand, who have the pats beaten - Buffalo (through either good fortune or opponent stupidity or both); ATL @ home, Balt @ home (on a current 3 game losing streak), Tenn, and TB.  I don't think that the pats wins can be seen as any better than the colts wins.  And btw, I don't know if themedia is praising the colts as much as Manning and those are 2 different things.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Media Hates the Pats : I never heard anything about the running up of the score.  Someone did point out a couple of articles to me, but nothing in broadcasts.  If something was mentioned, did they actually say the pats ran up the score or was it a question asked for discussion?  And if the latter, did anyone actually say they were and if so who? As to the comparison of the pats titans game 59-0 to the colts rams 42-6, there are a number of differences 1.  the point differential is 23 points (3+ td's) so that is substantially different, and yet I didn't think the pats ran up the score.  2.  This game was actually no different than the pats bucs game.  In that game, Brady was in until the pats went up 35-7.  In the colt rams game Manning was in until the colts went up 35-6.  The final score was on a 30 yd stretch play (not intended to gain big yards) by our 3rd or 4th string running back and handed to him by our back up qb.  As for the colts being good.  They are undefeated.  The pats have lost 2.  The colts did come back and beat Miami in Miami and only had the ball 15 minutes.  They also beat SB runner up AZ handily in AZ.  Other than that a very weak schedule, I agree.  On the other hand, who have the pats beaten - Buffalo (through either good fortune or opponent stupidity or both); ATL @ home, Balt @ home (on a current 3 game losing streak), Tenn, and TB.  I don't think that the pats wins can be seen as any better than the colts wins.  And btw, I don't know if themedia is praising the colts as much as Manning and those are 2 different things.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that you have watched every single sports broadcast nation wide? Or are you saying that if you didn't hear it than it couldn't have happened.
    As I stated before it's really Belichick that they hate and this guy just needs to quit tuning in if he doesn't want to hear it from time to time. If the media poses a question,"Did the Pats run up the score?" that is the back handed way of saying they did. I don't even care..I wish the Patriots would have put a couple more TD's up against the Titans just to rub it in. Jeff Fisher is one of the coaches that threw Belichick under the bus during spygate and it's nice to watch him squirm.

Yes, the Colts are better than the Pats right now. Painfully obvious unfortunately. But we are young and there is a good chance we will improve by the end of the year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

ewhite - no I haven't seen nearly every broadcast, but I also haven't heard anyone say the pats ran up the score.  I've heard the question asked, but every response has been no, and I don't ascribe a question asked to a statement made.  I'd like to know what broadcasters are saying that the pats ran up the score.  Some talk radio shows might do it to get a reaction and start a discussion, but I wouldn't assume the nationals would do this.  I understand that I could be wrong.

I do agree that it has everything to do with Belichick and nothing to do with the players. 

I am not saying the colts are better, but they have played better thus far.  Suggesting otherwise (which is why I commented) is ridiculous.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]ewhite - no I haven't seen nearly every broadcast, but I also haven't heard anyone say the pats ran up the score.  I've heard the question asked, but every response has been no, and I don't ascribe a question asked to a statement made.  I'd like to know what broadcasters are saying that the pats ran up the score.  Some talk radio shows might do it to get a reaction and start a discussion, but I wouldn't assume the nationals would do this.  I understand that I could be wrong. I do agree that it has everything to do with Belichick and nothing to do with the players.  I am not saying the colts are better, but they have played better thus far.  Suggesting otherwise (which is why I commented) is ridiculous.

Point Taken....The Saints are better than us right now Too. I love the Pats but I hope we get a little better on both side of the ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I may not be the best barometer of national opinion -- I don't go out of my way to see a lot of post-game coverage -- but I do live outside the Pats' market and I can tell you that the only place I have seen or heard anyone talking about the Pats running up the score is right here on this forum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I may not be the best barometer of national opinion -- I don't go out of my way to see a lot of post-game coverage -- but I do live outside the Pats' market and I can tell you that the only place I have seen or heard anyone talking about the Pats running up the score is right here on this forum.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy! Shun this man!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Saytan Manning and the Horse shoes are America's team, we are the big bad bullies that are constantly keeping America's team from winning the SB. After all, Brady has 3 and Peyton has 1.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I think alot of it is the BB doesn't do the song and dance act that the media like ESPN want. They want a story, and Bill is pretty much all business. They want a on air personality who will be exciting, who's wants attention, and media friendly. BB just doesn't care to play their game. I think it drives ESPN crazy, that's why most of the announcers slam the Pats all the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Saytan Manning and the Horse shoes are America's team, we are the big bad bullies that are constantly keeping America's team from winning the SB. After all, Brady has 3 and Peyton has 1.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

There are more people that make up names here for manning and the colts that it is astounding.  I have read posts from some saying that those who speak negatively of the pats are just jealous.  Can I apply name calling in the same way?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Media Hates the Pats : I never heard anything about the running up of the score.  Someone did point out a couple of articles to me, but nothing in broadcasts.  If something was mentioned, did they actually say the pats ran up the score or was it a question asked for discussion?  And if the latter, did anyone actually say they were and if so who? As to the comparison of the pats titans game 59-0 to the colts rams 42-6, there are a number of differences 1.  the point differential is 23 points (3+ td's) so that is substantially different, and yet I didn't think the pats ran up the score.  2.  This game was actually no different than the pats bucs game.  In that game, Brady was in until the pats went up 35-7.  In the colt rams game Manning was in until the colts went up 35-6.  The final score was on a 30 yd stretch play (not intended to gain big yards) by our 3rd or 4th string running back and handed to him by our back up qb.  As for the colts being good.  They are undefeated.  The pats have lost 2.  The colts did come back and beat Miami in Miami and only had the ball 15 minutes.  They also beat SB runner up AZ handily in AZ.  Other than that a very weak schedule, I agree.  On the other hand, who have the pats beaten - Buffalo (through either good fortune or opponent stupidity or both); ATL @ home, Balt @ home (on a current 3 game losing streak), Tenn, and TB.  I don't think that the pats wins can be seen as any better than the colts wins.  And btw, I don't know if themedia is praising the colts as much as Manning and those are 2 different things.

The Pats are the best team to ever walk on a football field. Underdogg the only reason you hangout with pats fans all day is because you secretly love Brady and are a closet pats fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]I may not be the best barometer of national opinion -- I don't go out of my way to see a lot of post-game coverage -- but I do live outside the Pats' market and I can tell you that the only place I have seen or heard anyone talking about the Pats running up the score is right here on this forum.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I think some folks like to confuse discussion forums as "the media". I saw plenty of garbage in the discussion areas of news stories on Foxsports, ESPN.com, et al but never anything in the stories themselves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

Posted by goodsport[/QUOTE]....yeah the media. AND the commissioner. AND the referees. AND the guy down the road. AND the martians. Get the picture Mr Conspiracy??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Interesting that I was the one that got the "have you seen every broadcast". 

If you want credibility better be prepared to stand on your own even against your own.  The criticism is eerily silent (or maybe not) when a couple of pats fans chime in on the side of reason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree1. Show ozfree1's posts

I love how we're talking about wins not being wins or having less relevance because of the opponent. This is the NFL. Anything can happen on any given Sunday! Look at the SB we lost. So close to achieving football immortality! I hate that chit! You still have to execute and earn the win like the Jets did against us. A 'W' is a 'W' dammit, and for me, it's always gratifying, especially when we steamroll the other team! That never gets old! In this league everyone is a pro and everyone is competitive. So for me, that logic doesn't jive.

And yes, the pats hold every major win streak in the NFL. Regular season, and post season and has had a winning season EVERY year since BB took over. The only team to do so. This creates jealousy and envy and it does strange things to people. It's just the haters trying to diminish our greatness but to me it's only hot air. It's the 'W's and the championships and the close games and the blowouts that I love. And, damn we look good on those throwback unis!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I love running up the score.  Love it.  Want to do it all the time.  I want LaDanian Tomlinson to say we have "no class" and that he is a "classy guy".  I want to crack open the record books for lopsided scores, no mercy, and lack of communication with the media.  I dont want to broadcast my gameplans to sports reporter, let people know who is injured and the likelyhood they will play.  I want to overscout, overplan, overscheme, overscore.  Because, "Hello, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"!  When you do, people find reasons to be mad at you.  Then they invent reasons for you to STOP doing it, because you make them look stupid.  See Tony Dungy for example of this.  He would take his foot off the gas at the end of the season for whatever reason, and he lost a couple of playoff games because of it.  So, no.  Run that sucker up!