Media Hates the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Media Hates the Pats

In Response to Re: Media Hates the Pats:
    [QUOTE]I love how we're talking about wins not being wins or having less relevance because of the opponent. This is the NFL. Anything can happen on any given Sunday! Look at the SB we lost. So close to achieving football immortality! I hate that chit! You still have to execute and earn the win like the Jets did against us. A 'W' is a 'W' dammit, and for me, it's always gratifying, especially when we steamroll the other team! That never gets old! In this league everyone is a pro and everyone is competitive. So for me, that logic doesn't jive. And yes, the pats hold every major win streak in the NFL. Regular season, and post season and has had a winning season EVERY year since BB took over. The only team to do so. This creates jealousy and envy and it does strange things to people. It's just the haters trying to diminish our greatness but to me it's only hot air. It's the 'W's and the championships and the close games and the blowouts that I love. And, damn we look good on those throwback unis!!!!!!!!
    Posted by ozfree1[/QUOTE]
    OZ - Belichick was 5-11 his first year.  Maybe you meant Dungy had nothing but winning records with the colts.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Tony Dungy.  Couldn't get a great team over the hump in Tampa, and couldn't get a really great team over the hump for the most part in Indy.  Don't understand why Colts fans liked this timid, conservative, loser.  Good guy, not a great coach, for all the talent he had in both places.  A bit of a Marty Schottenheimer type.  But real media friendly.  BB is not, for sure.  And that is good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Keep talking about St. Dungy like that and this burgeoning love affair with underdogg is going to hit the skids in a big way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Dave, you are actually somewhat correct. 

The exception is that Dungy can't play the game, and given what we had before, and the success and superbowl we had a result of him, how can we not like him?

Don't mind pmike - he's just jealous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Dave, you are actually somewhat correct.  The exception is that Dungy can't play the game, and given what we had before, and the success and superbowl we had a result of him, how can we not like him? Don't mind pmike - he's just jealous.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Underdogged as a Colts fan do you honestly believe that Dungy's Superbowl victory which was practically awarded to him by the NFL will overshadow his consistent failures as a head coach in this league? Honestly?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Media Hates the Pats : Such a silly post just confirms your paranoia and capacity for self-importance/self-delusion, not any bias on the media's part... and the best team of what century? This current one, ok. The last one? That's veeeeerrrryyyy debatable.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

who cares about the last century, except you NFC east types living in the past? Granted the Giants were the team of the 90s. The cowboys the team of the 80s and even the redskins had their day but that's all ancient history now. Yes, the giants had their one freakishly lucky SB win a couple of years ago but its highly unlikely they'll repeat any time soon. 

You may think this post is silly but your NY team has always gotten first priority from electronic media. I grew up in Northeast CT and the giants were always on network TV. Even in the 70s it was hard to get a New England Patriots game to watch on a Sunday afternoon in New England!

I've lived all over the country and I've found that the giants are always one of the primary backups for local and cable TV. Right now, in california, if there isn't a chargers, 49ers or raiders game in a specific time slot, the powers-that-be will almost always fill in with either cowboys or giants. I sometimes have to watch the Pats on Mexican TV. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Dave, you are actually somewhat correct.  The exception is that Dungy can't play the game, and given what we had before, and the success and superbowl we had a result of him, how can we not like him? Don't mind pmike - he's just jealous.

How quickly they forget...

St. Manning's lone SB win was a result of a bad call that handed a TD to the colts in the 2006 AFC championship game. A call so bad that the NFL admitted its mistake in writing the following winter. Talk about asterisks, there should be a big one the the SB history books, clearly indicating thet the colts shouldn't even have been there.

IMHO you're way off base attributing that win to dungy, dogg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Media Hates the Pats : Underdogged as a Colts fan do you honestly believe that Dungy's Superbowl victory which was practically awarded to him by the NFL will overshadow his consistent failures as a head coach in this league? Honestly?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    It seems to me that yours is the only corner of the country that believes Dungy's SB was awarded to him.  And given the limited number of coaches who have won a superbowl, as well as his best selling books, presidential requests for public service, NFL requests (shall I continue?) the only place where Dungy's "failures" find focus seem to be in the minds of pats fans. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Media Hates the Pats : How quickly they forget... St. Manning's lone SB win was a result of a bad call that handed a TD to the colts in the 2006 AFC championship game. A call so bad that the NFL admitted its mistake in writing the following winter. Talk about asterisks, there should be a big one the the SB history books, clearly indicating thet the colts shouldn't even have been there. IMHO you're way off base attributing that win to dungy, dogg.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]
    The pats never fail, never drop a pass, never throw an interception, never commit a penalty, and have NEVER lost a game since Belichick arrived.  

I got it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The hyperbole is a nice shuck-and-jive, but the fact of the matter is that the NFL did, in fact, apologize formally to Hobbs for that blown call.

It would seem to me that there would be very little reason for fans of other teams to be continually pointing that out, whereas Pats fans would be -- understandably -- a bit more rankled.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

I think what Jesus was saying is that these idiot globe writers are fckg insane

Matthew 11:15-19 (New International Version)

15He who has ears, let him hear.

16"To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:
     17" 'We played the flute for you,
          and you did not dance;
       we sang a dirge
          and you did not mourn.' 18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' 19The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' But wisdom is proved right by her actions."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]The hyperbole is a nice shuck-and-jive, but the fact of the matter is that the NFL did, in fact , apologize formally to Hobbs for that blown call. It would seem to me that there would be very little reason for fans of other teams to be continually pointing that out, whereas Pats fans would be -- understandably -- a bit more rankled.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

If that is what you want to hang your hat on, then ok, but:

It happened in the 3rd.  Colts were in scoring position already and it was second down.  The subsequent score did not cause the colts to take the lead, and the colts scored 17 points in the 4th.  NE had more than enough time to overcome that call.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Media Hates the Pats : It seems to me that yours is the only corner of the country that believes Dungy's SB was awarded to him.  And given the limited number of coaches who have won a superbowl, as well as his best selling books, presidential requests for public service, NFL requests (shall I continue?) the only place where Dungy's "failures" find focus seem to be in the minds of pats fans. 

I thought I asked about his consistent failures in the NFL not his new bond with the dag killer and conquest for publicity. Pretty sure most of the "good" people in Indy were fed up with the Dungster before his unjust Superbowl win just as the people of Tampa were.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~We'll see How Much The Media trully hates the Patriots, AFTER, If and When The Saints and The Colts continue on their winning ways this season, And We start seeing articles posted here from EverybodyScr#wsPatriotNation...
    Dual articles:

The First, Consisting of How The City of New Orleons has persevered through countless trials and tribulations on and off the field, "weathering gale winds of doubt, storms of fan famine, ONLY to prove that Noone is ever trully blown over and sxcked under in A-M-E-R-I-C-A (insert beside this article picture of flooded Superdome rising above Tsunami-size waves, held aloft by red, white and blue angels, with Jesus wearing an ESPN shirt at the 50 yard line)...

The Second dual-coverage article, Having to do with Good 'Ole Boy mid-Americana Icon, Peyton Manning: "Archeype for everything wonderful in this country, small-town life, lack of hubris, pure kind next-door friendliness...the man, making good once more...doing good once again" (insert picture next to this article of Mecury Morris and the Hair Club for Men, with caption: "If Peyton goes undefeated, I'll sponsor a new red, white and Colt's Blue, Hair club dye-Line called Manning America...GOOD LUCK Peyton and The Colts!")... 

Sorry, But I just made myself throw-up a lil' bit in my mouth, so I'm gonna have to end this post somewhat short...    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

This article my friends, even though I know someone posted it on here in 2007 during our happy Spygate time posting on BDC, deserves another look, because it IS a CLAS-SIC...  IF Anyone simply doesn't believe certain Media-outlets hate, hated, and/or still hate BB and the Pats, One NEVER Ever need look any further than this Article.  Even you long time posters here really need a refresher on this piece of journalism, because It's been years since I've read this, BUT again, It is just blood-boiling stuff knowing this was sent out to the kow-towing brain-dead masses to feed on... 

BEST PART:  When it compares the Colts and The Pats, and says something like The Pats represent: "...cruelty, evil, lack of sportsmanship, hubris," (hate, satan, idk what else), AND that The Colts represent something like, "...happiness, humility, small-town life, and LOVE OF LAUGHTER."  HAHAHAHAhaha, OMG ROF...ahhh, Good Stuff...can't even make this stuff up (I mean, well, the author did, but, I mean in a world where Journalism is about objectively reporting facts in an even handed and responsible way-like Neverland-, Ya Can't make this stuff up):

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/071023

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

I don't give a c**p about these guys. They have missed out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

2 points

1) Who cares, We are the Pats, We are the one all others want to be like. We know who we are and do not need gratification or justification from anyone.

2) See point one

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Media Hates the Pats : I thought I asked about his consistent failures in the NFL not his new bond with the dag killer and conquest for publicity. Pretty sure most of the "good" people in Indy were fed up with the Dungster before his unjust Superbowl win just as the people of Tampa were.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    Nope - you asked about my perception.   

As for what you think "good" is, vs. what the general population of Indy thinks "good" is, your "good" might fill a gas station bathroom for one.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]~We'll see How Much The Media trully hates the Patriots, AFTER, If and When The Saints and The Colts continue on their winning ways this season, And We start seeing articles posted here from E verybody S cr#ws P atriot N ation... Dual articles: The First, Consisting of How The City of New Orleons has persevered through countless trials and tribulations on and off the field, " weathering gale winds of doubt, storms of fan famine, ONLY to prove that Noone is ever trully blown over and sxcked under in A-M-E-R-I-C-A (insert beside this article picture of flooded Superdome rising above Tsunami-size waves, held aloft by red, white and blue angels, with Jesus wearing an ESPN shirt at the 50 yard line)... The Second dual-coverage article, Having to do with Good 'Ole Boy mid-Americana Icon, Peyton Manning: " Archeype for everything wonderful in this country, small-town life, lack of hubris, pure kind next-door friendliness...the man, making good once more... doing good once again " (insert picture next to this article of Mecury Morris and the Hair Club for Men, with caption: " If Peyton goes undefeated, I'll sponsor a new red, white and Colt's Blue, Hair club dye-Line called Manning America... GOOD LUCK Peyton and The Colts !")...  Sorry, But I just made myself throw-up a lil' bit in my mouth, so I'm gonna have to end this post somewhat short...    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

You forgot that Manning also is from New Orleans.  Maybe there is some kind of devine destiny there.  Call ESPN.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]To ALL : This article my friends, even though I know someone posted it on here in 2007 during our happy Spygate time posting on BDC, deserves another look, because it IS a CLAS - SIC ...  IF Anyone simply doesn't believe certain Media-outlets hate, hated, and/or still hate BB and the Pats, One NEVER Ever need look any further than this Article.  Even you long time posters here really need a refresher on this piece of journalism, because It's been years since I've read this, BUT again, It is just blood-boiling stuff knowing this was sent out to the kow-towing brain-dead masses to feed on...  BEST PART :  When it compares the Colts and The Pats, and says something like The Pats represent: " ...cruelty, evil, lack of sportsmanship, hubris , " (hate, satan, idk what else), AND that The Colts represent something like, " ...happiness, humility, small-town life, and LOVE OF LAUGHTER ."  HAHAHAHAhaha, OMG ROF...ahhh, Good Stuff...can't even make this stuff up (I mean, well , the author did, but, I mean in a world where Journalism is about objectively reporting facts in an even handed and responsible way-like Neverland-, Ya Can't make this stuff up): http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/071023
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Did you conveniently forget to mention the weekly ESPN.com Bill Simmons Boston lovefest column that is given significantly more front page coverage than Easterbrook ever has or ever will?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Let's face it, BB is about as marketable as a popcorn fa rt and the media doesn't like it. He makes it very difficult for them because he keeps it on the field and takes away any "non football" related stories from them. Even when it come to football he gives them next to nothing so it's obvious how they feel. He also instructs the team how to interact with the media and give them nothing. It almost doesn't matter who they interview it all sounds like BB. That's why when anything breaks about the Pats they jump all over it.

Guys like Parcells, J Jones, Manning, Dungy and even the fat man in NY this year get good coverage and exposure, because they play the media game and we don't.

I say let them have it, I'd rather be hated from Boston than liked ANYWHERE else!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Media Hates the Pats : ....The Saints are better than us right now Too. I love the Pats but I hope we get a little better on both side of the ball.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    My numbers have the Pats ahead of the Colts, and the Saints are third. 

What bothers me about the Saints is the mere idea that 2-4 Miami can get 21 points ahead of them at any time.  The Saints owe a big one for Sparano's stupidity.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

The NFL wanted poster boy Payton to win a Super Bowl so badly that they were going to do anything to get him in there.  The real joke is that Payton was also named the Super Bowl MVP when it should of gone to Rhodes.
    Brady should have 3 Super Bowl MVPs, Branch had a great game, but Brady was the one throwing him the ball!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The title of this thread is not true. Cant make it through a week without seeing Brady's mug on the tube. Even playing the lowly Bucs. Unfounded east coast bias IMO. I cant believe you actually even think that way to be honest. And dont ask UD, Peyton gets the same glorified treatment. What a joke!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I think we are a bunch of paranoids in New England.  We're all convinced that the rest of the country hates the Pats, the Celtics, the Sox, etc.  With winning comes with hatred and jealousy from other people. The Boston sports scene has done well as of late.  Some media don't appreciate running up the score by the Pats, finger wagging and barking by KG, etc.  I say so the eff what?!?  So what?  Do we need everyone to love our teams?  I know they resepct them, even if they come here to taunt.  This hatred -- it's not to the extent that we all think.  I read lots of national stuff and by far most of the press is positive.  Let's get over ourselves a bit, eh? 

Sections
Shortcuts