Media toying with Bill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Media toying with Bill

Never upset the media. They will find you and make your life miserable. Thats what happening to coach Bill. Media knows they wont get answers, but continue to ask dumb and meaninless questions over and over just to get him going. The jokes on Bill not the media.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Media toying with Bill

Couldn't disagree more... Bill toys with the media... he's in complete control.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Belichick plays chess while the media plays checkers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:

Never upset the media. They will find you and make your life miserable. Thats what happening to coach Bill. Media knows they wont get answers, but continue to ask dumb and meaninless questions over and over just to get him going. The jokes on Bill not the media.

The Media.  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think BB loses any sleep over the media. Media needs him, he doesn't need the media.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not sure I agree the media asks dumb questions. Most of the questions I hear asked actually are pretty good ones that most fans want to know:

"How is Gronk progressing on his rehab"

"What did you think of Revis when he was with the Jets"

"Why did you purpose the FG to be moved back"

Those are pretty good questions imo that BB toys with them over and gives nothing answers. Of course we all get huge laughes over it but that's their job to ask questions like that. They would get fired otherwise. Actually the only answers he really gives is when the media actually does toy with him like the:

"What costume did you wear for halloween"

"What is your favorite movie candy"

Those questions he actually takes seriously and cracks a smirk to give an answer too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

He handles the media very poorly, it makes him and the team look bad. 

He gains no advantage being like this. 

Doing media is part of the deal in the NFL, it's part of the job so do it. 

Stop acting like it's all top secret, national security, it isn't. 

If we have to rely on those type of tactics to have an advantage then maybe spend more time getting an advantage with game plans and not playing with injury reports, keeping info tight lip. 

We deserve better information as fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

If we have to rely on those type of tactics to have an advantage then maybe spend more time getting an advantage with game plans and not playing with injury reports, keeping info tight lip. 

Couldnt agree more. Funny, he hasnt won squat since he starting acting like this. He was more open when they won the super bowls. He got a grudge with the NFL. Maybe spygate had something to do with it. He's prob not over that season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Does anyone really think BB cares about what the media thinks, writes or asks?  I'm not saying he shouldn't care, but I don't think he really does.  Media relations is a necessary evil in his mind I'm sure.   He has never been media friendly -- ask the Cleveland media.  He hated the media long before spygate and will continue to after it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

It is the other way around BB is TOYING with them trust me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

why is this a thread?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Couldnt agree more. Funny, he hasnt won squat since he starting acting like this. He was more open when they won the super bowls. He got a grudge with the NFL. Maybe spygate had something to do with it. He's prob not over that season.

Actually BB has always been like this even dating back to his Cleveland days.  I got no problem with it because the media are a bunch of hacks and BB knows it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

why is this a thread?

The OP hates BB. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

why is this a thread?

BB Doesn't like the local media and everthing else about it. The same o same o i guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

This is a multi billion $ industry.  It is top secret national security.  If Krafts mo ey was my money info would be on a need to know basis.  Hen he retires he can do tell all in his book. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Actually BB has always been like this even dating back to his Cleveland days.  I got no problem with it because the media are a bunch of hacks and BB knows it.

Not completely true. Did you know he had a cooking show in Clev, and even taught you how to make a grilled cheese  Surprised

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Not completely true. Did you know he had a cooking show in Clev, and even taught you how to make a grilled cheese  Surprised

I liked his peanut butter and jelly sandwich class the best!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

It was how the media roasted him in Cleveland when he benched Kozar in favor of Vinny. Kozar was the home town boy who could do no wrong in the eyes of the local media. In the end BB was proven right by making Vinny the starter. I believe the questions about Gronk's return in light of what went down last year are rediculous. And if you think as fans we have a right to know the latest guess because we are fans, well you got your answer last year so what do you think would happen this year.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I think the animosity with the media happened here. I beleive if my memory serves me correctly there were a few hatchet jobs on him and the organization for him getting the job. Then there was fall out for not giving the local media access to information (off the record comments) they had been given when Carroll and Grier were here. The final nail was Borges over the top criticism of BB's decision to gp with Brady over Bledsoe. It's sort of a shame that the current crop of reporters Reiss, Volin etc... weren't around back then... we might see a different relationship between BB and the media.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Bill owns the media because they can't hate him anymore than they do...BB responding to the media in any way he does NOT control it left when he left Cleveland after the press there destroyed him when he was open and honest with them...he learned you can't be real with the press because they only want the stroy they want to present....

Too bad press.....I know you have a job to do, but you have to be honest yourselves....no axes to grind...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Bill owns the media because they can't hate him anymore than they do...BB responding to the media in any way he does NOT control it left when he left Cleveland after the press there destroyed him when he was open and honest with them...he learned you can't be real with the press because they only want the stroy they want to present....

Too bad press.....I know you have a job to do, but you have to be honest yourselves....no axes to grind...

+1 I believe Teddy Baseball had the same type of relationship he trusted very few of them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

+1 I believe Teddy Baseball had the same type of relationship he trusted very few of them.

Agreed...while he was playing they had a hate-hate relationship...in fact, it took many years into his retirement before they started to respect him and his accomplishments...maybe he just needed to go fishing more often :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sandy Row Belfast is populated by swine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It was how the media roasted him in Cleveland when he benched Kozar in favor of Vinny. Kozar was the home town boy who could do no wrong in the eyes of the local media. In the end BB was proven right by making Vinny the starter. I believe the questions about Gronk's return in light of what went down last year are rediculous. And if you think as fans we have a right to know the latest guess because we are fans, well you got your answer last year so what do you think would happen this year.  

How is it ridiculous? Honestly it's a question every coach is asked about every injured player around every league in the world. How is your star player doing in his rehab and when do you think he will be able to come back. It's one of the most commonly asked questions in the sports world, so how is that a ridiculous question?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

How is it ridiculous? Honestly it's a question every coach is asked about every injured player around every league in the world. How is your star player doing in his rehab and when do you think he will be able to come back. It's one of the most commonly asked questions in the sports world, so how is that a ridiculous question?

If you know he's not going to tell you - does he EVER answer injury questions for anyone? - it's a "dumb" question. I mean, this is a guy who routinely manipulates the injury report every week of the season, and now he's going to tell a reporter about the staus of a key player...no way...he's just being BB...if you want a real answer from him, maybe he'll tell you something off the record, but not in an open press forum...no way...the question was asked to get a response, and the guy got the response he wanted...congratulations to him.

Sections
Shortcuts