Media toying with Bill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Re: Media toying with Bill

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to fourjays30's comment:

It was how the media roasted him in Cleveland when he benched Kozar in favor of Vinny. Kozar was the home town boy who could do no wrong in the eyes of the local media. In the end BB was proven right by making Vinny the starter. I believe the questions about Gronk's return in light of what went down last year are rediculous. And if you think as fans we have a right to know the latest guess because we are fans, well you got your answer last year so what do you think would happen this year.  

And the answer will be the same as last year. You will know when it happens and not a second sooner. Why did the expect a diffrent response? Definition of insanity!

How is it ridiculous? Honestly it's a question every coach is asked about every injured player around every league in the world. How is your star player doing in his rehab and when do you think he will be able to come back. It's one of the most commonly asked questions in the sports world, so how is that a ridiculous question?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I think the animosity with the media happened here. I beleive if my memory serves me correctly there were a few hatchet jobs on him and the organization for him getting the job. Then there was fall out for not giving the local media access to information (off the record comments) they had been given when Carroll and Grier were here. The final nail was Borges over the top criticism of BB's decision to gp with Brady over Bledsoe. It's sort of a shame that the current crop of reporters Reiss, Volin etc... weren't around back then... we might see a different relationship between BB and the media.

I think it really started with the handwritten note in NY where he "resigned as the HC of the NYJ".   He took a beating in the NY press from that and I think he made a mental note that he was done with the press.

As for Borges, do people remember how Parcells used to embarrass him when he tried to question coaching decisions?   Borges was emasculated by Parcells.   BB was an assistant at the time and no doubt saw it all.  When Carroll took over after BP left the tables were turned;  PC had no idea how to handle Borges' questions so Borges walked all over him.  If this was just about Borges, and not the media in general, BB could revert to the BP style and ridicule Borges.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Couldn't disagree more... Bill toys with the media... he's in complete control.

+1 - he simply knows they are looking for fodder to print.  It is not about making the media happy, it is about coaching the Pats.  Who says the media need to have answers to everything?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

The actual truth is that the Media of this day and age is nothing but a "Pathetic Joke!"

What happened to the days where players of any sport had privacey before and after a game? It's a 3 ring circus.

The stooge rush now is 32.3 seconds after the game is over, with every half-wit tripping over each other to jam a microphone anywhere near a player, coach, owner or Cameron Diaz. Yes, Cameron Diaz, shes got all the details.

I don't blame BB for ignoring the same pompous idiotic questions each and every week.

WIth a second to second way of life due to 24 hour news, talk shows, radio shows and John Q. Public posting everything on youtbe with his/her smart phone, the old days of reading the USA today on Mondays because you missed the game are over. How many times can you ask the same question over and over.

ESPN has become ridiculous to watch, most of the guys are wearing Hair Club for Men Toups and reading written scripts and now the women on there wearing skirts and giving Sharon Stone leg crossovers...yeah ok...Bring on Roller Ball! Yell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I think the animosity with the media happened here. I beleive if my memory serves me correctly there were a few hatchet jobs on him and the organization for him getting the job. Then there was fall out for not giving the local media access to information (off the record comments) they had been given when Carroll and Grier were here. The final nail was Borges over the top criticism of BB's decision to gp with Brady over Bledsoe. It's sort of a shame that the current crop of reporters Reiss, Volin etc... weren't around back then... we might see a different relationship between BB and the media.

I think it really started with the handwritten note in NY where he "resigned as the HC of the NYJ".   He took a beating in the NY press from that and I think he made a mental note that he was done with the press.

As for Borges, do people remember how Parcells used to embarrass him when he tried to question coaching decisions?   Borges was emasculated by Parcells.   BB was an assistant at the time and no doubt saw it all.  When Carroll took over after BP left the tables were turned;  PC had no idea how to handle Borges' questions so Borges walked all over him.  If this was just about Borges, and not the media in general, BB could revert to the BP style and ridicule Borges.

I've boycotted Borges on the Herald for a long time.  I will not read a word he writes.  That also goes for Fat Ba   s d John Tomase. 

For these guys I would rather sing them a Hymn.   F          Him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

If you know he's not going to tell you - does he EVER answer injury questions for anyone? - it's a "dumb" question. I mean, this is a guy who routinely manipulates the injury report every week of the season, and now he's going to tell a reporter about the staus of a key player...no way...he's just being BB...if you want a real answer from him, maybe he'll tell you something off the record, but not in an open press forum...no way...the question was asked to get a response, and the guy got the response he wanted...congratulations to him.

Again it's their job they have to ask. They would get fired if they don't. Just because BB won't answer the question doesn't make it a ridiculous one

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I've boycotted Borges on the Herald for a long time.  I will not read a word he writes.  That also goes for Fat Ba   s d John Tomase. 

For these guys I would rather sing them a Hymn.   F          Him. 

I'm with you... have not read  single word of that lying P O S Tomase since 2007.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

If you know he's not going to tell you - does he EVER answer injury questions for anyone? - it's a "dumb" question. I mean, this is a guy who routinely manipulates the injury report every week of the season, and now he's going to tell a reporter about the staus of a key player...no way...he's just being BB...if you want a real answer from him, maybe he'll tell you something off the record, but not in an open press forum...no way...the question was asked to get a response, and the guy got the response he wanted...congratulations to him.

Again it's their job they have to ask. They would get fired if they don't. Just because BB won't answer the question doesn't make it a ridiculous one

Sure it's their job, but if they know he won't answer the question seriously, or without a scowl at the question, with an eyeroll or a sarcastic comment , don't blow it up to be some NEW incident or new indication of BB being BB...evryone knows what he's like...it's not news anymore...and no, he won't answer...to expet him to even take the question seriously (the health status of Gronk) is beyond naive...it's purposely poking the bear while the cameras are rolling...and that's bordering on yellow journalism...it's what one of those rag/celebrity news shows does...you get what you ask for...and make BB look like a victim....BB doesn't like stupid people, but neither does the public.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Well, you know its your job to ask questions. I'm sure you all ask what you feel you need to ask. Hopefully you come in and take care of business. I am here to answer whatever questions I can. Sometimes I dont know the answers and it is what is it. Sometimes you might not like my answers but thats just how this thing works.

Next...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Does anyone really think BB cares about what the media thinks, writes or asks?  I'm not saying he shouldn't care, but I don't think he really does.  Media relations is a necessary evil in his mind I'm sure.   He has never been media friendly -- ask the Cleveland media.  He hated the media long before spygate and will continue to after it. 

Can you blame BB? The media got him fired in Cleveland!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

BB should go into a long drawn out statement explaining that Gronk; "At this stage he is week to week for the pre-season and starting on week one of the Regular Season he will be Week to Week until he starts....I hope that anwsers the Gronk question until Thanksgiving, thanks and have a great summer!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sure it's their job, but if they know he won't answer the question seriously, or without a scowl at the question, with an eyeroll or a sarcastic comment , don't blow it up to be some NEW incident or new indication of BB being BB...evryone knows what he's like...it's not news anymore...and no, he won't answer...to expet him to even take the question seriously (the health status of Gronk) is beyond naive...it's purposely poking the bear while the cameras are rolling...and that's bordering on yellow journalism...it's what one of those rag/celebrity news shows does...you get what you ask for...and make BB look like a victim....BB doesn't like stupid people, but neither does the public.

Why? every coach in ever league takes these questions seriuosly only BB doesn't. It's a serious question that fans want to know about. The reporter is asking a question specifically for the fans benefits because that's what they want to know. So tell me what about that question isn't serious? More so, if that same question to any other Boston coach about their players what would their responses be?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclejack02130. Show unclejack02130's posts

I,m somewhat of two minds on this, on one hand its amusing to see BB so disdainful of the press, ok I get it-but on the other hand, this aint anything of significance-its a game grown men play for a kings ransom and he benefits more than most.  Its all entertianment and we pay the freight, I kinda always get the feeling that when he dismisses the press his attitude towards the fans is pretty similar....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I'm amazed by the posters that feel some sense of entitlement here. People sound like BB owes them something. He doesn't owe anyone anything besides putting a winning team on the field. He does that year in and year out.

The media sucks, period. It's all about shock & awe.....without a care in the world about actual facts. BB hates the media, his interviews will NEVER change, so get over it. As long as he gives us a winning team, who gives a crap about the stinking media?

Of course for those who want better interviews, you can always hop on the Rex Ryan bus!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Why? every coach in ever league takes these questions seriuosly only BB doesn't. It's a serious question that fans want to know about. The reporter is asking a question specifically for the fans benefits because that's what they want to know. So tell me what about that question isn't serious? More so, if that same question to any other Boston coach about their players what would their responses be?

The reporter is asking the question so they get paid. They don't care what the fan wants. They only care about what their employer wants.

Ever think BB doesn't want to start the Gronk watch circus again, with everyone ragging on Gronk. The Pats, BB and the medical staff?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

He handles the media very poorly, it makes him and the team look bad. 

He gains no advantage being like this. 

Doing media is part of the deal in the NFL, it's part of the job so do it. 

Stop acting like it's all top secret, national security, it isn't. 

If we have to rely on those type of tactics to have an advantage then maybe spend more time getting an advantage with game plans and not playing with injury reports, keeping info tight lip. 

We deserve better information as fans.

While respecting your opinion, I could not disagree with you more.  I find it fun to watch.  I think he does an awsome job with the media.

I think you make one point that BB would totally agree with, though...it's not national security.  Therefore, no one needs to worry about the team's business, except for those who are on the team. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Poor bill

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:

Never upset the media. They will find you and make your life miserable. Thats what happening to coach Bill. Media knows they wont get answers, but continue to ask dumb and meaninless questions over and over just to get him going. The jokes on Bill not the media.

I beg to differ. BB toys with the media...not the other way around. That's one of the reasons why they despise him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

The reporter is asking the question so they get paid. They don't care what the fan wants. They only care about what their employer wants.

Ever think BB doesn't want to start the Gronk watch circus again, with everyone ragging on Gronk. The Pats, BB and the medical staff?

This is quite possibly the silliest thing you've said. Of course the reporter cares what the fans want. Why? Because if they don't get the info fans are looking for then the fans will go to some place else to get that info and the reporter is out of a job! Employers want info the fans want to read about to drive the business. If the reporters wanted to they could ask BB about what color sofa's he has in his house and I'm sure BB would answer it but no one would read it because who would care. However, any news about the team is what we eat up. I mean honestly how many posts on this board are made when BB even gives out the tiniest amoutn of info?

BTW - the Gronk watch circus was caused by BB not giving any information! Everyone was giving random info they thought was right, no one had a clue what was going on, and every week reporters were looking for something. If BB came out and said "we don't expect to find anything out about Gronk until 4-6 weeks then we'll evaluate him" then guess what the circus for weeks 1-4 wouldn't have happened! It's not like he would be giving away classified info to opposing teams since Gronk didn't even practice those weeks. It gave no advantage in the least because no team expected Gronk to play since he didn't practice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Ah...I think my response is self explanatory...he's always been like this since he's been here...to expect anything different is foolish..c'mon now, you want to rag on BB there are plenty of more legit reasons to do so...this is a bit much....he is who he is...he's not changing for anyone, and the criticism by the press and fans rolls off his back...he's had his own difficlut experiences dealing with the press...if you've ever dealt with the press, trust me, you'd nod knowingly every time he cold shoulders them...Bill, I can relate...keep on keepin' on...shut them out until you can use them!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Poor bill

Poor Irsay...$29K in pocket change?...How does he make ends meet with that paltry sum of spending cash? LMFAO...that buys, what, a weeks worth of booze and pills?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Don't care what the media asks, or doesn't ask, or how they ask it.

Don't care if or what questions BB answers or how he asnwers it, if he chooses to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Poor bill

Poor Irsay...$29K in pocket change?

When you are a billionaire, such options exist. 

...How does he make ends meet with that paltry sum of spending cash?

When you are a billionaire, its not difficult. 

LMFAO...that buys, what, a weeks worth of booze and pills?

Couldn't tell you. 

Come on Smelly Mel, you can do better. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Poor Irsay...$29K in pocket change?

When you are a billionaire, such options exist. 

...How does he make ends meet with that paltry sum of spending cash?

When you are a billionaire, its not difficult. 

LMFAO...that buys, what, a weeks worth of booze and pills?

Couldn't tell you. 

Come on Smelly Mel, you can do better. 

Hey Gomez..."Smelly Mel"?? And you're telling Mel that he can do better?? LOL!!!!

Hey Gomez...BB toys with the media, just like I toy with you, every time we have one of our "little discussions". 
    LOL!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Poor bill

Poor Irsay...$29K in pocket change?...How does he make ends meet with that paltry sum of spending cash? LMFAO...that buys, what, a weeks worth of booze and pills?

All that pocket change and the idiot couldn't take a cab?

Sections
Shortcuts