Media toying with Bill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Media toying with Bill

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

The reporter is asking the question so they get paid. They don't care what the fan wants. They only care about what their employer wants.

Ever think BB doesn't want to start the Gronk watch circus again, with everyone ragging on Gronk. The Pats, BB and the medical staff?

This is quite possibly the silliest thing you've said. Of course the reporter cares what the fans want. Why? Because if they don't get the info fans are looking for then the fans will go to some place else to get that info and the reporter is out of a job! Employers want info the fans want to read about to drive the business. If the reporters wanted to they could ask BB about what color sofa's he has in his house and I'm sure BB would answer it but no one would read it because who would care. However, any news about the team is what we eat up. I mean honestly how many posts on this board are made when BB even gives out the tiniest amoutn of info?

BTW - the Gronk watch circus was caused by BB not giving any information! Everyone was giving random info they thought was right, no one had a clue what was going on, and every week reporters were looking for something. If BB came out and said "we don't expect to find anything out about Gronk until 4-6 weeks then we'll evaluate him" then guess what the circus for weeks 1-4 wouldn't have happened! It's not like he would be giving away classified info to opposing teams since Gronk didn't even practice those weeks. It gave no advantage in the least because no team expected Gronk to play since he didn't practice.

So, in other words, the reporter askes questions so he won't get fired. I think I said that but that was silly of me.  

The Gronk watch circus was because they let a little info out to try to appease the local press. No info, no circus.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So, in other words, the reporter askes questions so he won't get fired. I think I said that but that was silly of me.  

The Gronk watch circus was because they let a little info out to try to appease the local press. No info, no circus.   

You said the reporter doesn't care what the fan wants when it exactly the opposite so no it's not what you said.

They didn't let any info out hence the circus everyday to see if Gronk was there. Notice it wasn't even them that let that info out. It was Gronks dad and agent and the Pats went tight lipped on it which caused the media to try to find even the smallest detail hence it made it worse. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to SandyRowBelfast's comment:

Never upset the media. They will find you and make your life miserable. Thats what happening to coach Bill. Media knows they wont get answers, but continue to ask dumb and meaninless questions over and over just to get him going. The jokes on Bill not the media.

You have this backward.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

The media toys with Bill like a mouse toys with a cat.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Parcells was much better at handling the media than BB.

It takes no special skill to refuse answers to questions.   It's BB's prerogative not to answer, but not answering should not be confused with mastery of any kind.

Parcells could joke around if he felt like it, and was more witty.  He could also use his pressers to light a fire under his players.  Remember the "She's making progress" answer when asked about Terry Glenn's injury status?  And he could turn the tables on a reporter as well as anyone - not by going mute, but by going on the attack.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Couldn't disagree more... Bill toys with the media... he's in complete control.

bingo!   +1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You said the reporter doesn't care what the fan wants when it exactly the opposite so no it's not what you said.

They didn't let any info out hence the circus everyday to see if Gronk was there. Notice it wasn't even them that let that info out. It was Gronks dad and agent and the Pats went tight lipped on it which caused the media to try to find even the smallest detail hence it made it worse. 

Like I said the prime motivating factor in the reporter asking the questions is monetary. They want to please their boss. They might care about what the fans want but that is secondary if they care at all. And in this case I believe it was Curran asking the question and he knew it wouldn't get answered but would possibly put his name out there and get him more publicity.

Numerous reports cite "patriots sources" in the "Gronk watch circus". So the Pats did let the info out. It wasn't just Gronk and his family.

Sections
Shortcuts