Media Will Shove Tebow Down Your Throat....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Media Will Shove Tebow Down Your Throat....

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Soooo,, the Jets sign Tebow = laughing stock. The Pats sign Tebow = Genius move???

Is the only difference really that Tebow had an actual shot at playing QB there and here not so much??

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Who called it a "genius" move? Also get your facts straight. The Jets, with a QB BUST being paid over 50 million was the QB on a team that where they TRADED for him and absorbed his 1st rd money (pre rookie cap) money as well.

Glad I could help.  Again.

Paranoid Much??  I dont recall prefacing my statement with your current name. Dont flatter yourself. This was a serious question directed at anyone, but didnt want your response. As it is that sh*t aint even proper english....lol   - You must have a guilty conscious. You aint helping Sh*t with bad english

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Again, you're wrong.  Tebow will not talk to the media, no one else will engage the media on Tebow (they will be trained) and there will be nothing.  No one will know where he lives, what car he drives, there will be no reason to do anything because it's not NY.

That didn't take long!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Soooo,, the Jets sign Tebow = laughing stock. The Pats sign Tebow = Genius move???

Is the only difference really that Tebow had an actual shot at playing QB there and here not so much??

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Who called it a "genius" move? Also get your facts straight. The Jets, with a QB BUST being paid over 50 million was the QB on a team that where they TRADED for him and absorbed his 1st rd money (pre rookie cap) money as well.

Glad I could help.  Again.

Paranoid Much??  I dont recall prefacing my statement with your current name. Dont flatter yourself. This was a serious question directed at anyone, but didnt want your response. As it is that sh*t aint even proper english....lol   - You must have a guilty conscious. You aint helping Sh*t with bad english

Or conscience, Corky.

I don't care who you were talking to. I want to know why you are claiming someone is using the word "genius" or inferring someone or some are saying it is.

See, this is the part where the more intelligent people realize BB turning over stones is not only harmless, it sometimes works.   See, some of us actually are big PAts fans, love the team, love the owner, coach and GM.  Yep.

Check it out sometime, Shizzles. You might enjoy the ride and not be so miserable in your battles with passive-aggressive disorder.

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to take a wild stab at this:

Great move by BB.  He is so far beyond every other GM.  After the Jets gave up multiple high round picks and tons of money to get him, BB gets him for nothing a lilkely the minimum money.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/espn-source-patriots-will-sign-quarterback-tim-tebow/100/6685025

I would say that saying it was a great move and that the move proves BB is far and beyond every other GM is inferring that it was a genius move.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You and PatsEng are completley wrong. It will be a circus for 48 hours like it was with Moss and then BB will bury Tebow just like he did with Moss. Tebow gave his statement and that's that.

It's over right now even if the media doesn't realize it yet.  You guys are so new to this, apparently. lol

Hint: Don't take the media bait. Just because what the Jets did in NY was utterly moronic from start to finish doesn't mean how BB handles this will also be the case.

CNN was at the press conference. If you think BB not saying a word and having closed door practices is going to stop the media than you really don't know very much about the media. They will be present at every available practice possible, when players are interviewed they will be asked about him, when coaches are interviewed they will be asked about him. It's the funny thing about the NFL, you can't shut out the media completely. They have to have interview and pressers, it's league guidelines. I'm telling you this is not going away just because BB didn't give the media anything in a single presser

Wrong. When every Pats player deflects and gives the same boring anwers, the media will realize there is nothing there. Just watch.

The exact same thing happened with Moss. Exact same thing.  Moss was a major malcontent, a huge risk for BB to take on, had a god awful 2006 season and BB shook the NFL world with that draft weekend move.

When Moss got here, he did one interview, never to be heard from again, practiced 4 routes, they ran them, they faked his hamstring injury as a way to hide him, and then BB unleased hell in Week 1. Same thing here, if Tebow makes the team. Not saying he will impact like Moss, saying BB will handle it the exact same way.

I'll even bet you on how quiet this will be. CNN will pack up today, the media throng will dwindle and the local media knows they ain't getting jack squat from BB, so nothing will happen. Yep.

Care to wager? Set the parameters and let's bet on how this will be very quiet with you thinking it will be a media frenzy all summer long. Ain't happening. First, BB will make sure it doesn't. Second, if it ever did, he's gone.

[/QUOTE]

I will take that wager...guys at CNN are booked at the PVD Marriott thru next Monday. Sure they could get pulled at any time, but they are booked thru Monday

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

my contention is that as long as Tebow is here he will be a major distraction. BB will get tired of it and cut bait. I give TT 5-10 sessions and he shows minimal talent and the inability to play any other position. Usually there are 20-35 media members give or take....the entire time TT is here, I say there will be between 50-100 members at each practice.  I will be at camp starting in July, and expect to make between 50-75% of the sessions...I will do my best to post pictures if TT is still with the team....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I disagree completely. This will be like the Moss move when BB buried Moss all summer and they didn't even have him do much after a few sessions in camp. He played no preseason games and then unleashed hell in Week 1.

Don't buy into the drama.  This is an onslaught of drama within the first 24-48 hours, but it will die off very quickly. Just watch.

It will die off quickly. The media can report all they want but that doesn't mean anyone will be interested. It's getting old, noone cares, it will go away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Here's the plan, BB will set up a separate Press Room for TT, while BB is giving his weekly Press Conferences he will make Tebow available at the same time. 

If a player gets in trouble DUI, Slaps his wife or gets popped on a Drug test, they make Tebow available at the same time as that player's Presser.  They will get 1 or 2 beat writers covering the real news and the rest of the press will be in chruch!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think people hate him. I'm completely against him making the roster right now but I don't hate the guy. Outside of football I actually think he's a pretty good guy and other than the overly religous push I could see having beers with the guy. What I think people hate is the circus that comes with him and the tebowites that have no rational judgement, putting him up on a pedestal he hasn't earned yet. All I've seen from him is that he's a 3rd string QB who won a couple of games by the graces of his kickers leg and the D's ability to keep it close. Heck even Sanchez won early in his career. Yet, he's got one of the biggest followings in the league with people arguing how great he is because he's a winner (really hate that saying). If you removed the blind loyal fans and the media circus that surrounds him you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actually hates him. I doubt anyone would even have noticed he was on the roster at all.

mebbe not you, but all you have to do is look around a lil....and you will find people who hate Tebow for different reasons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

What are the stories?   There have been no stories since he was cut by the Jets. The Jets made that situation hot.

It won't get hot in Foxborough and there wil be no story and hence no money to be made.

Duh.

Again, you're wrong.  Tebow will not talk to the media, no one else will engage the media on Tebow (they will be trained) and there will be nothing.  No one will know where he lives, what car he drives, there will be no reason to do anything because it's not NY.

haha.  You're right, there have been zero stories about Tebow since he signed with the Patriots. What a tard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

It will die off quickly. The media can report all they want but that doesn't mean anyone will be interested. It's getting old, noone cares, it will go away.

we will see.  Remember, Tebow still has a following from college days......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Must be your first rodeo as a bandwagon fan since Sept 2007, huh TFB12? 

Must be your first since 2008!  Did you even start watching football prior to 2008?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

That didn't take long!

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like the Pats are hiding them, does it Rusty? 

Rusty " Tebow will not talk to the media"

Looks like he did some talking...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap2000000210973/Tim-Tebow-joins-New-England-Patriots-minicamp

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

You and PatsEng are completley wrong. It will be a circus for 48 hours like it was with Moss and then BB will bury Tebow just like he did with Moss. Tebow gave his statement and that's that.

It's over right now even if the media doesn't realize it yet.  You guys are so new to this, apparently. lol

Hint: Don't take the media bait. Just because what the Jets did in NY was utterly moronic from start to finish doesn't mean how BB handles this will also be the case.

CNN was at the press conference. If you think BB not saying a word and having closed door practices is going to stop the media than you really don't know very much about the media. They will be present at every available practice possible, when players are interviewed they will be asked about him, when coaches are interviewed they will be asked about him. It's the funny thing about the NFL, you can't shut out the media completely. They have to have interview and pressers, it's league guidelines. I'm telling you this is not going away just because BB didn't give the media anything in a single presser

[/QUOTE]

You can't shut them out but you can end the presser anytime you want. BB's done it alot when the press has started to badger him about something. Also they don't have to give access to Tebow ever! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That didn't take long!

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like the Pats are hiding them, does it Rusty? 

Rusty " Tebow will not talk to the media"

Looks like he did some talking...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap2000000210973/Tim-Tebow-joins-New-England-Patriots-minicamp

[/QUOTE]

Yup he made the same three statements all the other new guys have made and then left the interview. Only difference is the other new guys answered some questions. Tebow didn't!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Yup he made the same three statements all the other new guys have made and then left the interview. Only difference is the other new guys answered some questions. Tebow didn't!

What was left to ask on day 1?  Sounds like he pretty much summed everything up in that long speech he made.  Doesn't look like the Pats gave him a gag order.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts