Media Will Shove Tebow Down Your Throat....

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Media Will Shove Tebow Down Your Throat....

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Again, you're wrong.  Tebow will not talk to the media, no one else will engage the media on Tebow (they will be trained) and there will be nothing.  No one will know where he lives, what car he drives, there will be no reason to do anything because it's not NY.

That didn't take long!

Doesn't look like the Pats are hiding them, does it Rusty? 

Rusty " Tebow will not talk to the media"

Looks like he did some talking...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap2000000210973/Tim-Tebow-joins-New-England-Patriots-minicamp

Corky, I predicted (as I know others did) it would be a canned statement and no questions. So, that entails stopping to do that with the media, but he was whisked away before questions. Also predicted. But, there will be no questions.  Period.

Are you this dumb?  That is ALL the access the media will have to Tebow now or until he's actually on the roster. Take it to the bank.

Go read Reiss's piece on ESPN Boston.  Anyone with a brain knows how BB will handle this, except for fans like you who are apparently knew to following how BB does things.

[/QUOTE]

But didn't you say the Pats would hide him away and he wouldn't talk to the media?

Didn't look like he was hiding and I did see him talking to the media.  If you are going to tell people they are wrong and make statements that end up being wrong then...

A.  Don't make the statement to begin with

or

B.  Take it like a man when you are wrong.

Don't do your famous backpedaling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yup he made the same three statements all the other new guys have made and then left the interview. Only difference is the other new guys answered some questions. Tebow didn't!

What was left to ask on day 1?  Sounds like he pretty much summed everything up in that long speech he made.  Doesn't look like the Pats gave him a gag order.

[/QUOTE]

Actually they did, all the other newcomers have been allowed to answer a few questions from the media after their initial statement. Tebow wasn't allowed to say anymore than his statement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Yup he made the same three statements all the other new guys have made and then left the interview. Only difference is the other new guys answered some questions. Tebow didn't!

What was left to ask on day 1?  Sounds like he pretty much summed everything up in that long speech he made.  Doesn't look like the Pats gave him a gag order.

He will not be talking to the media again. Enough already with your utterly annoying belligerence and stupidity.

How many times do I have to tell you BB allows one statement, which is canned and basic, and then the player disappears for all of camp. Dillon, Moss and now Tebow. Take it to the bank. 

[/QUOTE]

Once again... Didn't you say the Pats were going to hide him and he wasn't going to talk to the media? Yes you did!  So if you are going to attack someone by saying...

[QUOTE]

BurtonMercer's comment:

Again, you're wrong.  Tebow will not talk to the media, no one else will engage the media on Tebow (they will be trained) and there will be nothing.  No one will know where he lives, what car he drives, there will be no reason to do anything because it's not NY.

[/QUOTE]

And then Tebow is surrounded by media and talks to them.

That's the full quote of your post.  No where in there did you say BB allows one statement, blah, blah, blah. 

Just fess up that you are wrong or don't attack me for showing you that you were wrong.  I didn't make you post those comments, so don't act like you never said that.   LOL!  What don't you understand?  You were wrong!  Stop back pedaling!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He will not be talking to the media again. Enough already with your utterly annoying belligerence and stupidity.

How many times do I have to tell you BB allows one statement, which is canned and basic, and then the player disappears for all of camp. Dillon, Moss and now Tebow. Take it to the bank. 

[/QUOTE]

Once again... Didn't you say the Pats were going to hide him and he wasn't going to talk to the media? Yes you did!  So if you are going to attack someone by saying...

[QUOTE]

BurtonMercer's comment:

[/QUOTE]

And then Tebow is surrounded by media and talks to them.

That's the full quote of your post.  No where in there did you say BB allows one statement, blah, blah, blah. 

Just fess up that you are wrong or don't attack me for showing you that you were wrong.  I didn't make you post those comments, so don't act like you never said that.   LOL!  What don't you understand?  You were wrong!  Stop back pedaling!

[/QUOTE]

TFB,

I don't knnow if you realize this but that "opening statment" by all the newcomers is not from the player. It comes from the PR department. They are all coached to say what they say. The only part of the interview the players have that comes from them is the answering of the  questions after the corporate statement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What are the stories?   There have been no stories since he was cut by the Jets. The Jets made that situation hot.

It won't get hot in Foxborough and there wil be no story and hence no money to be made.

Duh.

Where are the stories?  It's a media frenzy that's going on.  Just look around the Internet for a few minutes, all the sports outlets are filled with Tebow and Patriots articles. It's been heavily discussed on NFL network, ESPN, radio and  heck, as I type this while watching the Spurs heat game they are talking about it on there.  It's all over the place!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB,

I don't knnow if you realize this but that "opening statment" by all the newcomers is not from the player. It comes from the PR department. They are all coached to say what they say. The only part of the interview the players have that comes from them is the answering of the  questions after the corporate statement.

He wasn't coached to say that, it was a classic Tim Tebow statement.  Come on now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

He wasn't coached to say that, it was a classic Tim Tebow statement.  Come on now. 

even though I think there will be a lot media coverage of Tebow, his first statement was probably guided (mebbe not totally written) by management/pr peeps.  It was delivered in tebow-esque style.  It sure was much better than his first statement with the Jets where he was soooo "excited".....lol.  I felt really bad for him during that interview....i felt like saying, shut the f*** up already :) and learn a synonym.....lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Trey Wingo and Hasselback were actually at Foxboro yesterday. Sick--I can't stand this.  I honestly believed Belichick would never do something so dumb. I thought he hated distractions. Now the players have to deal with the incessant questions about Tebow  Can someone explain what is so great about him? I'm baffled.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If you think there will be a "media circus," fine. But even if there is, it will have ZERO AFFECT on the football team. This is what those who are fixated on this stuff overlook. Who cares what the media does, let them write their articles. Let them talk, argue, debate, whatever. It will not stop BB and the coaching staff from doing their job and it will not matter one iota in the locker room. They simply will not allow it to.

Try and remember spygate. If there was ever a media circus, that was it. The football players in that locker room were not affected one bit, they went undefeated. The players don't pay attention to that stuff and they aren't reading this message board, sorry to burst anyone's bubble. 

Tebow said his piece yesterday and it lasted about one minute. Belichick's was even shorter. That part is done. Let the media have their circus, who cares. They'll be talking amongst themselves and making stuff up, kind of like Commy on this board with his "sources."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Trey Wingo and Hasselback were actually at Foxboro yesterday. Sick--I can't stand this.  I honestly believed Belichick would never do something so dumb. I thought he hated distractions. Now the players have to deal with the incessant questions about Tebow  Can someone explain what is so great about him? I'm baffled.

Unless you are sitting in the meeting rooms with BB and his staff to understand the reasons for the need for a 3rd string QB  distraction... baffling would be an apt description of the situation.

If your into speculation and want to be entertained you can just read the numerous threads and posts on this board for some incessant and repetitive analysis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't think people hate him. I'm completely against him making the roster right now but I don't hate the guy. Outside of football I actually think he's a pretty good guy and other than the overly religous push I could see having beers with the guy. What I think people hate is the circus that comes with him and the tebowites that have no rational judgement, putting him up on a pedestal he hasn't earned yet. All I've seen from him is that he's a 3rd string QB who won a couple of games by the graces of his kickers leg and the D's ability to keep it close. Heck even Sanchez won early in his career. Yet, he's got one of the biggest followings in the league with people arguing how great he is because he's a winner (really hate that saying). If you removed the blind loyal fans and the media circus that surrounds him you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actually hates him. I doubt anyone would even have noticed he was on the roster at all.

mebbe not you, but all you have to do is look around a lil....and you will find people who hate Tebow for different reasons.

[/QUOTE]

Again, do those people hate Tebow or that Tebow is shoved down their throats as something he's not? Take the media and Tebowites out of it and do people actually hate Tebow as a person? Some will naturally because they think he's too preachy but I think most of it comes from the fact that he's put on such a high pedistal for what reason? It's not because of his religion, plenty of football players are just as religous. It's not because he's a great football player, well because he's not. It's because he's a media darling and has blind loyal fans that defend him to the last ball thrown into the ground. Now he does help feed into it but I don't think he intentionally has caused this following himself. He never stopped it either though (one reason Den's locker room had a mini court to try to get him to speak out about people making billboards saying to start him over Orten)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

regardless of what BB wants.   The media will make every effort to sensationalize everything Tebow does. The circus has already begun.....

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/06/gut_feelings_about_tim_tebow_t.html

Lets just not frame this as an anti patriot media bias.  Belichick knew what he was getting himself into.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

TFB,

[/QUOTE]

TFB,

Now you are just being obtuse, Just because Tebow would say those kinds of things anyway doesn't mean he wasn't coached. Willie Mac has said on NFL Network that all newcomers are coached as to what they can say before they are allowed to speak to reporters. In any case the telling occurance was not allowing any questions!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

regardless of what BB wants.   The media will make every effort to sensationalize everything Tebow does. The circus has already begun.....

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/06/gut_feelings_about_tim_tebow_t.html

Lets just not frame this as an anti patriot media bias.  Belichick knew what he was getting himself into.

[/QUOTE]

That's true, he knew and he doesn't care because it's just noise that means nothing to him or his team. It only means something to outsiders.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Always funny to watch the inner drama queen that most football fans have emerge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

homer = in denial

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

BB's master plan.............distract everybody with talking about Tebow.......unveil the new look.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think people hate him. I'm completely against him making the roster right now but I don't hate the guy. Outside of football I actually think he's a pretty good guy and other than the overly religous push I could see having beers with the guy. What I think people hate is the circus that comes with him and the tebowites that have no rational judgement, putting him up on a pedestal he hasn't earned yet. All I've seen from him is that he's a 3rd string QB who won a couple of games by the graces of his kickers leg and the D's ability to keep it close. Heck even Sanchez won early in his career. Yet, he's got one of the biggest followings in the league with people arguing how great he is because he's a winner (really hate that saying). If you removed the blind loyal fans and the media circus that surrounds him you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actually hates him. I doubt anyone would even have noticed he was on the roster at all.

mebbe not you, but all you have to do is look around a lil....and you will find people who hate Tebow for different reasons.

Again, do those people hate Tebow or that Tebow is shoved down their throats as something he's not? Take the media and Tebowites out of it and do people actually hate Tebow as a person? Some will naturally because they think he's too preachy but I think most of it comes from the fact that he's put on such a high pedistal for what reason? It's not because of his religion, plenty of football players are just as religous. It's not because he's a great football player, well because he's not. It's because he's a media darling and has blind loyal fans that defend him to the last ball thrown into the ground. Now he does help feed into it but I don't think he intentionally has caused this following himself. He never stopped it either though (one reason Den's locker room had a mini court to try to get him to speak out about people making billboards saying to start him over Orten)

I think it can be due to either. For example, altho Tebow was arguably one of the better college football players - he was well known for having bible verse numbers on his eye black. Some people liked that as it may be consistent with their religious beliefs....others not so much. The media sensationalized it. So, at the end of the day...whether its due to Tebow...or due to media....sort of goes "hand in hand" because people associate the news with the man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think it can be due to either. For example, altho Tebow was arguably one of the better college football players - he was well known for having bible verse numbers on his eye black. Some people liked that as it may be consistent with their religious beliefs....others not so much. The media sensationalized it. So, at the end of the day...whether its due to Tebow...or due to media....sort of goes "hand in hand" because people associate the news with the man.

I'm not sure it goes hand on hand. When you are talking about hating Tebow you are talking about actually hating the person themselves. Those that are viewed as hating him actually most likely don't mind the guy and even if they get annoyed by the bible verses on his eyes they most likely blow it off. I mean lots of players do similar things without the headlines and people don't hate them. But, the consistent 24/7 coverage and fanatics drive the hate. Not of the person but of the circus he's the center of. If you remove the media, or football aspect, or the fans and are left with just the person I don't hate him. Now someone like Cook on Pitt I hate with a passion because I think he's a disgusting human being. Suggs I hate as a person because of what he does off the field. LeBron James I hate because he's an ego driven hole. Then there are people like Jeter that as a player people in Boston dislike and hate his press coverage back in the day but respected the person. Manning I think we hate the consistent commercials and the press he gets but I don't think many hate the person himself. That's where I split the line do you hate the player and everything that comes with it (fans, press, commercials) or do you hate the person themselves? For me Tebow is on the player side and I don't see many who actually hate the person himself

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The media isn't shoving Tebow down my throat, you people are.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I'm not sure it goes hand on hand. When you are talking about hating Tebow you are talking about actually hating the person themselves. Those that are viewed as hating him actually most likely don't mind the guy and even if they get annoyed by the bible verses on his eyes they most likely blow it off. I mean lots of players do similar things without the headlines and people don't hate them. But, the consistent 24/7 coverage and fanatics drive the hate. Not of the person but of the circus he's the center of. If you remove the media, or football aspect, or the fans and are left with just the person I don't hate him. Now someone like Cook on Pitt I hate with a passion because I think he's a disgusting human being. Suggs I hate as a person because of what he does off the field. LeBron James I hate because he's an ego driven hole. Then there are people like Jeter that as a player people in Boston dislike and hate his press coverage back in the day but respected the person. Manning I think we hate the consistent commercials and the press he gets but I don't think many hate the person himself. That's where I split the line do you hate the player and everything that comes with it (fans, press, commercials) or do you hate the person themselves? For me Tebow is on the player side and I don't see many who actually hate the person himself

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  Part of the reason why Tebow is hated (and loved)  is because of his beliefs/religion.  That has nothing to do with the media per se (altho has been brought up in the media numerous times ) - but is an important part of who he is.  So, are you going to tell me that there aren't any people who hate him because he wears his religion/beliefs on his sleeve (or in his case, eye black) for everyone to see?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

It's very simple NEGAME.  Tebow is winner.  The guy is everything the Patriots look for in a player.  Positive attitude, hard worker, he has the drive and determination to be the best he can be each and every day.  He isn't looking for a hand out.  He is willing to work hard and do everything he can to earn his spot. 

Now, it's no secret that BB likes these type of players.  It's also no secret that he likes to work with these type of players and find ways to use them. 

Financially it's a no risk situation to the Patriots.  Tebow is the big winner here, he ran out of options, and he is going to work with the best QB, the best coach, heck he should be paying the Patriots.  In return the Patriots are getting a positive player, a hard worker a good example to other players.  There has been some talk that there were some locker room problems last season.  Lloyd and Spikes were a couple of the players named.  They dumped Lloyd and apparently feel that Spikes is worth keeping and hopefully get on track (I hope so, I like Spikes) heck Spikes and Tebow played together so this can be a good thing for Spikes. 

I see it as a no lose situation here.  I like Tebow, I want him to succeed here and I think BB has a plan.  What is there to lose here?  The media circus that's going on? And make no mistake about it, the media circus is here.  Tebow and the Patriots are all over the sports networks again this morning both tv and radio.  BUT BB knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed TEBOW.  BB is the honey badger, he doesn't give a @#&$!  If anyone can handle the media circus that comes with Tebow it is Bill Belichick!  HE is a master when it comes to this media stuff. 

Sure I would love to be reading and hearing on all the sports networks right now that the Patriots are going to be better on defense this season or that TFB and the new WR's are getting comfortable together but the jealous media doesn't give the Patriots that type of press.  So we get the Tebow media circus.  That's fine.  It doesn't bother me and I'm sure BB isn't going to let it bother him and the Patriots.  I'm all for BB bringing Tebow in and kicking the tires on him and seeing if he can do something with Tebow to help the team, on or off the field.  Why is everyone so surprised?  Everyone in media land had the Patriots as the perfect landing spot for Tebow when he was released by the Jets.