Media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Media

Peter King still is bitter about his now lack of access to the Patriots.

He has the Jets at #1 after a month of mediocre football. Apparently, Mark Sanchez is also now incredible. lol

Cleveland shot their wad last week for their Super Bowl and 3 missed tackles on a quick seam route in OT now means Sanchez is great and the Jets looked better than NE did this week.

Priceless.

King also talks about the Steelers O Line injuries as to why NE got so many sacks and pressures.  Yet, prior to the game all we heard was how Pitt's O Line depth was great and no matter who they put in, they'd be great and it doesn't change what they do.

So predictable. 

Anyone who is not full of it, would not walk away from the last month and claim NE looks worse than NY.

I cannot wait for that game in Foxborough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Media

Before the game it was Pittsburgh this and Pittsburgh that and the Pats will have to step up bigtime to win.  Now that the Pats soundly beat the Steelers, the media, of all things, are making excuses for the Steelers.  If you follow media logic, you can explain away every win by a team this year as being the result of their oppponent's lack of something in that game.  Just call it the way it is, the team that played better that day won, no excuses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That's my only point. The agenda by the media.  It's still there by most pundits.

King is such a two face. He says there is no definitive #1, yet watches the Jets for a month and pretends they are playing better overall?

I could care less what his list is, but when you read the reasoning, the agenda comes through.

It's always the weak premise that has me chuckling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Unfortunately Peter King is correct. The Jets are the best team in football right now. You can't lose to Cleveland and expect to be considered the best. When the Patriots lose to the Colts and Lions we can talk. Big Ben did post an incredible 387 yards passing. Imagine what Manning will do...possibly 500 yards

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Maybe you guys just read the wrong things. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuEfcwOsSGRxUvrWuodAA5lDubYF?slug=ms-morningrush111510

Don't the jets deserve some recognition for actually beating the patriots and beating the team that beat the pats last week?

Or does none of that matter?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Media:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately Peter King is correct. The Jets are the best team in football right now. You can't lose to Cleveland and expect to be considered the best. When the Patriots lose to the Colts and Lions we can talk. Big Ben did post an incredible 387 yards passing. Imagine what Manning will do...possibly 500 yards
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

lulwut.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Sure. Week 2 mattered in Week 2.

If you watch the games, you can see the reality, though.   A win is a win, but you are a liar if you think the Jets haven't been mediocre for the most part the last month.

Even Jets fans would have to admit this.  They are feeling blessed to sneak off with the wins.  I would be and I'd admit it.

Eeking out wins against Detroit or Celveland, the latter spent from a SB the week before, is absolutely ludicrous.

You can't just look at box scores.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Unfortunately Peter King is correct. The Jets are the best team in football right now. You can't lose to Cleveland and expect to be considered the best. When the Patriots lose to the Colts and Lions we can talk. Big Ben did post an incredible 387 yards passing. Imagine what Manning will do...possibly 500 yards

lol!

Nice attempt at troll work. Stick to knitting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There is NO best team in football right now!!  Why the Jets? Why not the Falcons?  Or the Patriots?  Or still, the Steelers? Each team has its chinks in the armor.  The Jets are a more complete team.. then why are they struggling against inferior teams that make mistakes to hand the Jets game winning opportunities?

I've said this many times this season..  a team seems to be the "flavor of the week" with the media.  Jets are in the talk now ( again ) only because the Pats play poorly and lost to the Browns last week while the Jets escaped this week.  We may not agree on any team being the truly the best team as each week one of the top echelon teams stumble and they could all stumble in the playoffs.  We could see a team like the Cardinals of 2008 come out of nowhere with a string of hot games.  We may not like it, but it will all come down to 3 - 4 games in January and February and the team that comes out on top may not please everyone.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Lying?  If you want to disagree with the writer that's one thing, but to claim an agenda is ridiculous, I think.  He's got Brady as his current MVP.  Further you have no idea what his criteria for his rankings are. 

You can claim the Jets have been mediocre over the past few weeks, but the pats lost by 20 last week and the jets beat that team this week.  Claiming the Browns were spent from a SB is just as tainted a perspective as you think King has. 

Pats had a great win last night, and I expect them to be favored by a TD vs. the colts.  Enjoy that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe you guys just read the wrong things.  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuEfcwOsSGRxUvrWuodAA5lDubYF?slug=ms-morningrush111510 Don't the jets deserve some recognition for actually beating the patriots and beating the team that beat the pats last week? Or does none of that matter?
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does matter.  I'm no YETS fan but give Mark Sanchez some credit, he played hurt yesterday and in the end he did lead them to a victory in a game that in the past they would have found a way to lose.  It looked that way again yesterday, ineffectual in O.T., until the very end and the they came away with a victory and they found a way to win and keep pace in the AFC East.  IMO, the YETS are an improved team and they are the competition in the AFC East.  The PATS YETS game in Foxboro looms very large indeed. I do not expect a wild card to come out of the AFC East, so the winner of that game, barring the unforeseen elsewhere, will most likely win the division.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

But, in recent weeks.

Anyone could have predicted Cleveland, who blew its load last week, was not going to give NY the same game they gave NE.

Everyone rides a team like Pitt in the media and then when NE goes in there and blasts them, an OT win against a diffused Browns team who was 3-5 after playing over their heads, is somehow better competition?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You don't get style points in the NFL and there is no "strength of schedule" metric factored into the playoff equation. A win is a win is a win, and I would consider the fact that Green New Jersey is playing marginally and still winning to be a bad omen, not a good one. The good news for the Pats is that they have the opportunity to slap the sh*t out every team that could potentially stand in the way of a number-one seed in the playoffs. They checked off another box on the list last night.

Stampede Blue is next.

We comin'

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, I tip my cap the Jets for road wins in OT, but you are full of it if your premise is "NY has played better than NE the last month".

That's flat out baloney. And that's essentially what King is saying.

If 3 defenders tackle Holmes, NY plays to a tie. Give Holmes credit, no doubt, but NE blasting Pitt is better than a miracle last chance win on bad tackling by Cleveland.

Only you would proclaim the Jets looked better than the Pats yesterday. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

[QUOTE]You don't get style points in the NFL and there is no "strength of schedule" metric factored into the playoff equation. A win is a win is a win, and I would consider the fact that Green New Jersey is playing marginally and still winning to be a bad omen, not a good one. The good news for the Pats is that they have the opportunity to slap the sh*t out every team that could potentially stand in the way of a number-one seed in the playoffs. They checked off another box on the list last night. Stampede Blue is next. We comin'
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

well said

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

In Response to Media:
    [QUOTE]Peter King still is bitter about his now lack of access to the Patriots. He has the Jets at #1 after a month of mediocre football. Apparently, Mark Sanchez is also now incredible. lol Cleveland shot their wad last week for their Super Bowl and 3 missed tackles on a quick seam route in OT now means Sanchez is great and the Jets looked better than NE did this week. Priceless. King also talks about the Steelers O Line injuries as to why NE got so many sacks and pressures.  Yet, prior to the game all we heard was how Pitt's O Line depth was great and no matter who they put in, they'd be great and it doesn't change what they do. So predictable.  Anyone who is not full of it, would not walk away from the last month and claim NE looks worse than NY. I cannot wait for that game in Foxborough.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    well... until we beat the Jets, they they beat us head to head.  And remember the team that blew us out last week?  the browns?  Pretty sure they beat them yesterday.  Just sayin...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

where do you get the idea that King is "essentially" saying NY has played better than the pats the last month?

I didn't proclaim the jets looked better than the pats this week.  You seem to want to read into anything and everything you disagree with.  The very simple fact is that these 2 teams have the same record.  The Jets beat the pats.  The Jets beat the team that crushed the pats last week. 

What does all of this mean?  Its understandable that a writer could put the Jets ahead of the Pats in power rankings without having an agenda against the pats.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He has them ranked #1.  That's fine, but his case is weak.

Cleveland is a tougher draw than Pitt on the road? NO

NE BLASTED Pitt.

NY eeked by in OT.

Why update these weekly if you aren't; going off what your eyes see that week?????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Media : The excuse is ridiculous.  You obviously have zero respect for the jets, because if the Browns played their SB (blew their load) last week and yet played the Jets to OT, then the Jets must stink.  Except for that 7-2 record, and that win against the pats.  Geez.  Give credit where and when it is due.     I don't suppose that you are discounting the pats win last night although pitt was missing 60% of its oline starters. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Ne was/is missing 40% of its O-line starters. It's an excuse that Collinsworth wouldn't let up on, so he could explain why NE was taking Pitt to the wood-shed unlike any other team has done since, well, since NE did it a few years back. 

I too think it is ironic that when NE beat Baltimore and SD (two likely playoff teams) in cliffhangers, it was a sign of weakness. But, if as I am gathering here from those who read the column, NJ barely beats the Browns and Det, two teams that won't sniff it, and it is a sign of strength? Peculiar logic. 

But to be honest, if Russ didn't "care" about King's ratings, then he wouldn't have read it. I didn't. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I enjoy pointing out each talking head's agenda.   It's their insecurity, not mine.

I don't care because it's meaningless to care about rankings.

But, since King mouthed off about Spygate, caught in his own spin on WEEI in Sept of 2007, where his cell mysteriously died when cornered and questioned point blank by Dale and Holley (anyone remember this), his access to NE is been cut off a lot.

This is not a coincidence, in my opinion. He loves Brady, but he now is ticked off at BB.

I just think it's funny.  NE pastes Pitt in their building and somehow the Jets were more impressive picking up the sloppy seconds in Cleveland due to bad tackling in OT.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Z - That wasn't the point. 

Russ was making an excuse that the Browns were spent from last week's win vs the pats which is why they didn't beat the Jets.  I simply was pointing out a familiar excuse for the Patriots success vs. the steelers.  

I don't believe either of these things, but I can come up with an excuse that a Steelers fan might make.   

Ultimately, the point was that simply that King can have the Jets first/Pats second without having an agenda against the pats. 

That's all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Media:
    [QUOTE]Peter King still is bitter about his now lack of access to the Patriots. He has the Jets at #1 after a month of mediocre football. Apparently, Mark Sanchez is also now incredible. lol Cleveland shot their wad last week for their Super Bowl and 3 missed tackles on a quick seam route in OT now means Sanchez is great and the Jets looked better than NE did this week. Priceless. King also talks about the Steelers O Line injuries as to why NE got so many sacks and pressures.  Yet, prior to the game all we heard was how Pitt's O Line depth was great and no matter who they put in, they'd be great and it doesn't change what they do. So predictable.  Anyone who is not full of it, would not walk away from the last month and claim NE looks worse than NY. I cannot wait for that game in Foxborough.

Actually he said he had no #1 because all the teams are up/down but if he HAD to pick a #1 it would be the Jets right now (why he lists them as #2).  Not a ringing endorsement of them.

He has the Pats #3 (since again no #1).  So he has the Pats only behind the Jets who did beat the pats.  Sure it was week 2 to but they did win the game.  Head to Head DOES matter. 

As you mentioned the Pats have a chance to settle this on the field, where it should be settled in a few weeks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Right, but he put your team the Jets at #1/top of the list.

Also, I have seen head to head where it didn't matter. I have seen Balt above NE, for example.  It depends on the criteria on the rankings.

It will be settled in a few weeks with NY and NE. Yes.

But, why you would put NE behind NY if you are taking into account how each looked yesterday????

This is my question. Even a Jets fan like you would have trouble propping up NY's game over NE's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Nice job! Proves you can read "Football Stats For Dummies". I'm proud of ya, Sparky!

Too bad you didn't actually WATCH and SEE the game, Sport. That game was OVER after the 3rd QTR. Stop confusing "garbage time" with "game on the line time".  Mommoy should have taught you better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Right, but he put your team the Jets at #1. Also, I have seen head to head where it didn't matter. I have seen Balt above NE, for example.  It depends on the criteria on the rankings. It will be settled in a few weeks with NY and NE. Yes. But, why you would put NE behind NY if you are taking into account how each looked yesterday???? This is my question. Even a Jets fan like you would have trouble propping up NY's game over NE's.

How each looked yesterday?  Is that how your basing your rankings or are you basing it on the seaon as a whole.  So I take it you had the Pats are around 32 after the debacle in Cleveland since you look at just the prior game.

As has been stated by everyone else but you Rusty, and King himself, there is no true #1 but I have no problem with the Jets 1 and the Pats 2 based on they have the same record and the Jets did beat the Pats.

Oh and my team is NE.  I am just not a HOMER like you Rusty nails, that can never give anyone or any team not named NE credit.  I am a football fan, not a HOMER.