Media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Media

I honestly believe the Patriots are the best in the league.

Patriots have beat:
    @ Miami
    Baltimore
    @ SD
    minnesota
    @ pittsburgh

the jets are the media favorite, meaning they really are overrated. let them cheer for this band of a holes and overrated FA built team.

Patriots have a bright future and immediate future ahead of them. 

who feels like #1 today? Patriots domiate pitt or the jets who snuck by the browns? obvious answer here. i wont insult the intelligence of people on here by saying which one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

Technically speaking, if the P/O's were to start next weekend, green NJ would have HFA over NE based on the head to head and conference record.  Putting them in first place is not a big stretch.

That being said, the jets still s**k.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Media:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Media : The excuse is ridiculous.  You obviously have zero respect for the jets, because if the Browns played their SB (blew their load) last week and yet played the Jets to OT, then the Jets must stink.  Except for that 7-2 record, and that win against the pats.  Geez.  Give credit where and when it is due.     I don't suppose that you are discounting the pats win last night although pitt was missing 60% of its oline starters. 
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Pony Ride Kid,

Give credit where it's due? OK, let's have at it. The JESTS! go into Detroit and win in overtime ONLY becuasethey took out the Lions' place kicker,a dn the fill in shanked an extra point. They get the point, there IS no OT, and the JESTS! got some 'splainin' to do about losing to a 2 win team. Yesterday, if the Brownies WR just goes out of bounds, they retain possession, and are moving to the game winning FG. LUCK kept the JESTS! from going 0-2 these past 2 weeks, yet somehow this is overlooked, and the JESTS! are the greaest thing since canned ravioli and sliced bread for winning 2 straight road games in OT, against teams thet SHOULD have blown out. So, I guess "luck" is a key measurement in determining "greatness", huh? Getting shut out at home by the Pack (9-0) has no place in this determination, eh? Boy, the JESTS! and Sanchez played a TERRIFIC game that day, right? Sorry, but the JESTS! could very well be sitting there at 5-4 as we speak, if not for a mugging of the Lions place kicker, and a Brownie who should have just gone out of bounds. Then we'd be listening to how the JESTS! are perhaps the BEST 5-4 team of all time! Why? Because the media WANTS it to be.

Also, stow away the "injuries" whine. Or, are you going to use it as a crutch next week, as the media continually does when extolling the virtues of the Grand Choker, Old Horse Face, every week. Here's a clue: a good QB can make a bunch of average/backup WR's look good. (See: Brady, 2006, pre-Moss, and Rivers, 2010 season).

I've come on this board and blasted the Pats when they play (or, in the case of the Browns, DON'T play) like St Charles's School Of The Physically Challenged. I pull no punches. I also know the difference between a throttling win like last night and another unnecessarilly close win against the Bills (rivalries will do that), and how "luck" can come into play against teams they should beat (in teh grasp not called and a miraculous helmet catch in Super Bowl loss to the Giants, anyone?). But, guess what? In the long run, being the #1 team after Week #10 means absolutely nothing if you don't win the final fame of the year. We've see how 18-0 doesn't mean squat when luck comes into play and you lose game
    #19.

Let the "experts" pontificate week after week. WHO CARES? I'll keep my personal opinion and debate then in a reasonable manner, and let teh last game of the year determine who's #1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

So the Jets get lucky that a missed fg and int didn't cost them the game, then in the last 16 seconds the Browns fall apart and can't tackle, this after almost losing to the Lions in OT the week before.

When we beat Indy, the Browns game won't mean shiat. Of course except for Jets fans and the media who need to allow themselves sleep at night knowing the Pats arent on top again.

Sanchez has been making more and more mistakes, LT is slowing dow as the season goes, Revis is having his issues. The Jets and their 2nd place schedule is nothing compared to the victories the Pats have earned this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Z - That wasn't the point.  Russ was making an excuse that the Browns were spent from last week's win vs the pats which is why they didn't beat the Jets.  I simply was pointing out a familiar excuse for the Patriots success vs. the steelers.   I don't believe either of these things, but I can come up with an excuse that a Steelers fan might make.    Ultimately, the point was that simply that King can have the Jets first/Pats second without having an agenda against the pats.  That's all.

An excuse?  How is watching a team that looked 25 times more dynamic last week as opposed to this week, an excuse"?

Please learn 4th grade vocabulary.

Cleveland came off a Bye played that game like it was their last on  earth, did a great job and won.

Yesterday? not so much. That's why they are 3-6 and they played their SB last week.

I watch these games.  I have been an NFL Ticket subscribers for 7 years now.

A win is a win, but you are lying/trolling or are flat out stupid if you think NY looked more impressive yesterday or any time in the last month over NE.

Let me know when a Jets fan agrees with you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Media : Yes, it does matter.  I'm no YETS fan but give Mark Sanchez some credit, he played hurt yesterday and in the end he did lead them to a victory in a game that in the past they would have found a way to lose.  It looked that way again yesterday, ineffectual in O.T., until the very end and the they came away with a victory and they found a way to win and keep pace in the AFC East.  IMO, the YETS are an improved team and they are the competition in the AFC East.  The PATS YETS game in Foxboro looms very large indeed. I do not expect a wild card to come out of the AFC East, so the winner of that game, barring the unforeseen elsewhere, will most likely win the division.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Two of the three best records in the NFL are now in the AFC East. If not this division, where do you expect the wild card team to come from?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

IMO the Jets should have lost to Denver, Detroit and Cleveland. ALL LAST PLACE TEAMS. They are good but not unbeatable. They are worse than their record.

The Pats have beat Steelers Chargers, Ravens etc. The Jets can't beat any of these teams I'm sure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

IMO the Jets should have lost to Denver, Detroit and Cleveland. ALL LAST PLACE TEAMS. They are good but not unbeatable. They are worse than their record.

The Pats have beat Steelers Chargers, Ravens etc. The Jets can't beat any of these teams I'm sure

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Peter King has the Jets at #2 (no #1 listed) and rightly so. They have the same record as the Pats and beat them first time out. Nothing really hard to argue about just using their wins/loss record plus their meeting 1st time this season. Those are the facts. if you want to argue about strength of schedule, how they won, who they played and won/lost against, well that's another topic. Regardless of how many players Pitt had out yesterday, the Pats still owned them. They owned them because Pitt matches up poorly against the Pats. Has so for many years. So, good teams can be beat by the likes of Cleveland, and within a week's time, beat other good teams like Pitt. Perhaps Cleveland just played harder and with more intensity, or perhaps they just match up better against the Pats than the Jets...

I know one thing...if the Pats keep executing like they did yesterday, and play with the same fire Brady breathed, they will be tough to beat. I am looking forward to seeing the Jets come to town....But alas, Indy is next in line, and I expect a very physical game at home this week. I think this will be a high scoring game, and lets hope the weather drops to minus 20....Manning will have visions of 2001-2004. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]Lying?  If you want to disagree with the writer that's one thing, but to claim an agenda is ridiculous, I think.  He's got Brady as his current MVP.  Further you have no idea what his criteria for his rankings are.  You can claim the Jets have been mediocre over the past few weeks, but the pats lost by 20 last week and the jets beat that team this week.  Claiming the Browns were spent from a SB is just as tainted a perspective as you think King has.  Pats had a great win last night, and I expect them to be favored by a TD vs. the colts.  Enjoy that.

he makes it up as he goes along... he admitted as much on weei...he has no formula or statistical analysis... he just who he likes...

this is what i was referring to in another thread...udg5

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

im not worried about the jesters at all ...they took all indys luck and barely screaped by the last three weeks... but have some real games coming up... so weel see

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Ahhhh..  another BBReigns conspiracy thread.  And now that I've said that

IM A TROLL. Shocking and so unexpected. 

I'll give you one attaboy BBReigns.. at least you are consistent with your bitterness.

Yet you still crave the fawning from the national media. "Just love me and everything will be ok!" BA-hahahahahaha!  Precious.

Who cares!!! 

Next up, Indy.  The true test of where this defense is at. Win this week and home field comes down to the NYJ game. Simple.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

BTW BBReigns... you had this thread played either way with the Jets/Cleveland game outcome

1. Cleveland wins and it proves the Pats played a tougher than expected team and beat the so-called "greatest team nominated of greatness off all time" in the Jets.  That loss for the Patriots won't be considered a bad loss anymore AND proves Jets aren't as good as everyone claims it to be.

2. Jets win and proves Cleveland "blew their load" to play the Patriots and Jets win against a lesser team proves nothing.  Why the Patriots just beat a playoff contender AT their home.  Advantage Patriots.

But that pesky media.... they just don't want to agree with you pre-planned argument.  AARGH!!  

BBReigns, you have to be the funniest, most entertaining Homer Troll in here!!  Hahahahaha 

If your a REAL Patriots fan, then who cares what others think.  Why do you desperately need the affection of others??!!  If you have such biased hatred for all other teams and all other posters that aren't SUPER-pro Patriots (aka- homer trolls) than why do you want their admiration?  Perplexing.  

7-2 and on to playing Indy.  Thats it.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Media:
    [QUOTE]Peter King still is bitter about his now lack of access to the Patriots. He has the Jets at #1 after a month of mediocre football. Apparently, Mark Sanchez is also now incredible. lol Cleveland shot their wad last week for their Super Bowl and 3 missed tackles on a quick seam route in OT now means Sanchez is great and the Jets looked better than NE did this week. Priceless. King also talks about the Steelers O Line injuries as to why NE got so many sacks and pressures.  Yet, prior to the game all we heard was how Pitt's O Line depth was great and no matter who they put in, they'd be great and it doesn't change what they do. So predictable.  Anyone who is not full of it, would not walk away from the last month and claim NE looks worse than NY. I cannot wait for that game in Foxborough.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    Sticks and stones. Just take the win. Who cares what anybody says as long as the Pats do their talking on the field. It's trivial. The Pats have had their share of lack of respect this year. Sounds like you're disrespected and taking it personally. That only applies to the actual players. It showed this week. They went and conquered. Next!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I just saw a hilarious segment on ESPN2 with Jets DT Jenkins as a guest analyst trying to make his case on why the Jets should be #1 and the Pats should be around 5. The Jets have been just barely winning because they're so good they do just enough to win and don't want to embarrass their opponents by running up the score on them. The Pats on their other hand lost to the Browns who are apparently worse than a Pop Warner team while the Jets needed to go until just before the end of the OT because they were being nice to the Browns.

You couldn't write this kind of comedy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I enjoy pointing out each talking head's agenda.   It's their insecurity, not mine. I don't care because it's meaningless to care about rankings. But, since King mouthed off about Spygate, caught in his own spin on WEEI in Sept of 2007, where his cell mysteriously died when cornered and questioned point blank by Dale and Holley (anyone remember this), his access to NE is been cut off a lot. This is not a coincidence, in my opinion. He loves Brady, but he now is ticked off at BB. I just think it's funny.  NE pastes Pitt in their building and somehow the Jets were more impressive picking up the sloppy seconds in Cleveland due to bad tackling in OT.
    This is not 9/2007, it's 11/2010. Anyone still bitterly reliving '07 and hasn't moved on may have other issues. Get a grip. It may all be vindicated this year (SB '11).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Right, but he put your team the Jets at #1/top of the list. Also, I have seen head to head where it didn't matter. I have seen Balt above NE, for example.  It depends on the criteria on the rankings. It will be settled in a few weeks with NY and NE. Yes. But, why you would put NE behind NY if you are taking into account how each looked yesterday???? This is my question. Even a Jets fan like you would have trouble propping up NY's game over NE's.
    The media simply puts them in order of who beat who at this point. That's why NY is first in the AFC east. It's always been that way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Rankings are the worst invention EVER!!!   all it is is opinion.  And who cares who ranks who??  Does the playoff seeding come from rankings??  NO

This isn't freakin' college football people. This isn't the BCS.

Its the NFL and the best teams win it on the field not on the score cards of media people.

Get over it!!!!  I hope the Patriots are power ranked #26 this week.  
    IT
    DOES
    NOT
    MATTER

Next week: Indy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That reminded me of Shawne Merriman in the 2006 playoffs when he was interviewd when NE played (NY) first in the Wild Card round at Foxborough.

He said he felt NY was the better team even though NE was up at half in control of the game.

lol!

Merriroid then proceeded to shoot up more roids and be a limited factor in the upset in SD the next week.

You can bet someone at Gillette is collecting the bulletin board material.

Sections
Shortcuts