Media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Media

Explain why both visual and written media does not let a day go by without foisting reams of yap, yap, yap Jets this, Giants this, Mark that, Eli that on the paying public.  Does it not matter that the Jets are arguably the worst "team" in football and Eli is average at best; wining super bowls only in backhand fashion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Media

Media = Mindless Expressions Deemed Intelligence in Absentia! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The major media outlets are based in NY and mostly are unaware that there are things outside of NY, let alone that there are more things outside of NY than in it.  They operate on the presumption that everyone who is not in NY wants to be in NY, but luckily they made the cut and can stay in NY.  As members of the chosen race of New Yorkians it is their job to inform everyone of what is going on in NY because any event's importance is directly related to it's proximity to NY.

No doubt, we all heard about the world changing cataclysmic storm known as Hurricane Sandy that hit hit NY and killed 41 people (about 80 in total), no doubt tragic though not a Hurricane when it hit NY.    Perhaps you've heard of Hurricane Stan in 2005 that killed almost 2000 people, or Hurricane Jeanne in 2004 killing 3,000.   Sure those hurricanes were almost a hundred times more deadly but how can any of them be the storm of the century and warrant media coverage like the one that hit NY?

Or remember the great NY blackout of 2003.  People in NY actually lost power, for like a whole day.  For weeks it's all that was on the news, NYers could not stop patting themselves on the back because they had managed to not murder a bunch of people during this crisis!  Amazing!  The city reveled in it's resilience.  I think the rest of the world didn't want to break the news to them that losing power for a day or so was something that has happenned to almost everyone in the world before, and nobody really though it was a big deal.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to shenanigan's comment:

The major media outlets are based in NY and mostly are unaware that there are things outside of NY, let alone that there are more things outside of NY than in it.  They operate on the presumption that everyone who is not in NY wants to be in NY, but luckily they made the cut and can stay in NY.  As members of the chosen race of New Yorkians it is their job to inform everyone of what is going on in NY because any event's importance is directly related to it's proximity to NY.

No doubt, we all heard about the world changing cataclysmic storm known as Hurricane Sandy that hit hit NY and killed 41 people (about 80 in total), no doubt tragic though not a Hurricane when it hit NY.    Perhaps you've heard of Hurricane Stan in 2005 that killed almost 2000 people, or Hurricane Jeanne in 2004 killing 3,000.   Sure those hurricanes were almost a hundred times more deadly but how can any of them be the storm of the century and warrant media coverage like the one that hit NY?

Or remember the great NY blackout of 2003.  People in NY actually lost power, for like a whole day.  For weeks it's all that was on the news, NYers could not stop patting themselves on the back because they had managed to not murder a bunch of people during this crisis!  Amazing!  The city reveled in it's resilience.  I think the rest of the world didn't want to break the news to them that losing power for a day or so was something that has happenned to almost everyone in the world before, and nobody really though it was a big deal.

oh and btw shenny any other city in the history of this great nation ever have an attack the size and scope of 9/11?  jerk

then again why would any terrorist would give a damn enough to attack boston or anything else in new england

Learn to take a joke Sally.  Pulling the 911 card is pretty lame.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

oh and btw shenny any other city in the history of this great nation ever have an attack the size and scope of 9/11?  jerk

then again why would any terrorist would give a damn enough to attack boston or anything else in new england

it isnt a "card" and if the above is ur idea of a "joke" u have a p*ss poor sense of humor

Finding humor in watching you act like a crybaby is having a sense of humor.  Lobbying for pity over 911 because I hurt your feelings is pathetic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Because the Boston Globe is owned by the New York Times. Gatehouse Media owns the Boston Herald, and is based in........New York.

So, you're basically reading a new york newspaper....lol

And the largest media market before L.A. is.......New York, at #1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

New York is okay but if I had to pick one city as best, London would win hands down.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Not really surprising that NY teams get the most ink. Its annoying yes but nothing new

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

New York is okay but if I had to pick one city as best, London would win hands down.

New York blows.   Chicago kills it for a big city metropolis vibe in this country.

Rusty you and I agree on this one having both lived in Chicago. I've never lived in NYC, but I worked in midtown and have plenty of friends in NY and know the city well. My feeling is that NY is a great place to live if you're young or really rich (or better yet, both), but honestly I think quality of life is better overall in Boston, particularly if you like to do things outside the city (hiking, biking, fishing, whatever) . . .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

it isnt a "card" and if the above is ur idea of a "joke" u have a p*ss poor sense of humor

9-1-1 was the most  horrific attack this country has suffered since pearl harbor. However, it didn't just affect ny, it affected the nation. You prove shenanigan's point on how new Yorkers think and act like they are the center of the universe. Let's not forget what else the whole country suffered as a direct result of the fat cats in ny..lithe mortgage crisis. Thanks for that one genius. Since you are bringing up history, do I have to remind you of where this country's battle for independence started? If it wasn't for the brave of new england, you would be kissing the queen. Oh and btw...Brady 3, Eli 2... It's the total that counts unless you forgot how to add.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

9-1-1 was the most  horrific attack this country has suffered since pearl harbor. However, it didn't just affect ny, it affected the nation. You prove shenanigan's point on how new Yorkers think and act like they are the center of the universe. Let's not forget what else the whole country suffered as a direct result of the fat cats in ny..lithe mortgage crisis. Thanks for that one genius. Since you are bringing up history, do I have to remind you of where this country's battle for independence started? If it wasn't for the brave of new england, you would be kissing the queen. Oh and btw...Brady 3, Eli 2... It's the total that counts unless you forgot how to add.

sure it affected the whole country - but only we had it happen here and only we had to dig out the bodies and only we to clean it up and only we had to rebuild...and I will say again no terrorist is gonna go to Boston for anything except maybe clam chowder...there's NOTHING there that would make any impact...oh no they bombed the old north church-be serious

please dont compare Boston to NYC...Boston is a nice little town filled with college kids and sometimes friendly yokels who talk weird...NYC is a cosmopolitan haven for the world, the most famous and most visited US city (by far) and one of the most visited in the world, along with Paris, Rome-I mean Paris, Rome, Lisbon...BOston??! uh no... we have the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, Yankee Stadium, the Museum of Natural History, Broadway and on and on and Boston....well doesn't

I mean really King Kong was gonna climb the Prudential Building? so please dont embarrass urselves further comparing NYC and Boston

I think I will say what happened in 1776 was great but there was no America just a bunch of Englishmen from all over (and native americans and black slaves) deciding to ditch the King but hardly a monument to Bahstahn or new england only...

oh and it's Eli 2 Tom 0 in the only addition that counts around here  :  )

and I dont want to hear anyone give me static for having to so read u the facts of our two cities but once again YOU brought it up and slagged my city, just like I only bring up eli or the SB's when YOU bring them up to slag them off...just be cool and i wont have to put u all in ur place

: ))))

Well, you sound like more of a loudmouth than rusty who you like to pick apart so much. Frankly i have no issue with Russ pointing out the woes of a team in our division, and one that has promised to win the SB year after year and has bad mouthed the pats. It's only right actually.

I have lived in both ny and boston and pretty much every other major city in Europe. Yes, if you want to judge ny as a more cosmopolitan city than Boston you are correct. They are 2 different types cities so hard to compare. Both offer good and bad.

Btw..."around here the only thing that counts are Brady's 3 rings, not Eli's 2"...u don't come here and tell us what matters...just like u don't matter here. Why don't you at least follow around. Team in your division like the cowboys or Philly? Surely you have more to say about them than the pats? Why are you so infatuated with the pats? I really don't understand.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I neither like nor dislike you. I don't know you. I just find it odd that a true blue giants fan would be hanging out on a pats board. It would be like me hanging out on a rams forum and waiting for someone to say something I didn't like so I could whip out, "we shut down the greatest show on turf". It's childish, arrogant. I don't see anyone else here rubbing our SB wins in Philly,.carolina or the rams faces. The only thing you get here on other teams are those in our division and for good cause...I won't ignore you, but if you think you are contributing here, maybe leave your trump cards at home. This is a new year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Don't really agree with that comment. No matter where the hurricane is it is covered ad nauseum - as it should be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Media = Mindless Expressions Deemed Intelligence in Absentia! 

how about:

Mental emissions diagrammed by ignorant a-hoeles...

Sections
Shortcuts