Media

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Media

Or...

misinformation,  errors done inaccurately always

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

NY metro (#1) is 19 million. Boston metro (#10) is 4.6 million. More needs not be stated. It's about the $$$$, not deep philosophical musings.

How in the world could a city support a franchise as dysfunctional as the jets without upteen millions to pluck them from?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

The major media outlets are based in NY and mostly are unaware that there are things outside of NY, let alone that there are more things outside of NY than in it.  They operate on the presumption that everyone who is not in NY wants to be in NY, but luckily they made the cut and can stay in NY.  As members of the chosen race of New Yorkians it is their job to inform everyone of what is going on in NY because any event's importance is directly related to it's proximity to NY.

No doubt, we all heard about the world changing cataclysmic storm known as Hurricane Sandy that hit hit NY and killed 41 people (about 80 in total), no doubt tragic though not a Hurricane when it hit NY.    Perhaps you've heard of Hurricane Stan in 2005 that killed almost 2000 people, or Hurricane Jeanne in 2004 killing 3,000.   Sure those hurricanes were almost a hundred times more deadly but how can any of them be the storm of the century and warrant media coverage like the one that hit NY?

Or remember the great NY blackout of 2003.  People in NY actually lost power, for like a whole day.  For weeks it's all that was on the news, NYers could not stop patting themselves on the back because they had managed to not murder a bunch of people during this crisis!  Amazing!  The city reveled in it's resilience.  I think the rest of the world didn't want to break the news to them that losing power for a day or so was something that has happenned to almost everyone in the world before, and nobody really though it was a big deal.

This scribe is without a doubt the best NY putdown I've ever read or heard.  My hats off to you!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I neither like nor dislike you. I don't know you. I just find it odd that a true blue giants fan would be hanging out on a pats board. It would be like me hanging out on a rams forum and waiting for someone to say something I didn't like so I could whip out, "we shut down the greatest show on turf". It's childish, arrogant. I don't see anyone else here rubbing our SB wins in Philly,.carolina or the rams faces. The only thing you get here on other teams are those in our division and for good cause...I won't ignore you, but if you think you are contributing here, maybe leave your trump cards at home. This is a new year.

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to shenanigan's comment:

The major media outlets are based in NY and mostly are unaware that there are things outside of NY, let alone that there are more things outside of NY than in it.  They operate on the presumption that everyone who is not in NY wants to be in NY, but luckily they made the cut and can stay in NY.  As members of the chosen race of New Yorkians it is their job to inform everyone of what is going on in NY because any event's importance is directly related to it's proximity to NY.

No doubt, we all heard about the world changing cataclysmic storm known as Hurricane Sandy that hit hit NY and killed 41 people (about 80 in total), no doubt tragic though not a Hurricane when it hit NY.    Perhaps you've heard of Hurricane Stan in 2005 that killed almost 2000 people, or Hurricane Jeanne in 2004 killing 3,000.   Sure those hurricanes were almost a hundred times more deadly but how can any of them be the storm of the century and warrant media coverage like the one that hit NY?

Or remember the great NY blackout of 2003.  People in NY actually lost power, for like a whole day.  For weeks it's all that was on the news, NYers could not stop patting themselves on the back because they had managed to not murder a bunch of people during this crisis!  Amazing!  The city reveled in it's resilience.  I think the rest of the world didn't want to break the news to them that losing power for a day or so was something that has happenned to almost everyone in the world before, and nobody really though it was a big deal.

oh and btw shenny any other city in the history of this great nation ever have an attack the size and scope of 9/11?  jerk

then again why would any terrorist would give a damn enough to attack boston or anything else in new england

Sorry, gints, but the media holds its collective breath for stories coming across the wire services datelined: New York City.  Point in case: do you REALLY and HONESTLY believe that the mayor of any other large US city would get traction/attention for months over "banning" sugared soft drinks over 16 oz?

It's a fact that if it's datelined NYC, it's news, whether it's truly newsworthy or not.  Plus, yoiu prove the "better than yiu" attitude with your reference that NY is NOT Boston. Well, Hello! and DUH! to you. No ka ka, Einstein! I don't live in Beantown, but I can most assuredly guarandamntee you that I wioudl NEVER want to live in NYC. You can keep it. You deserve it.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Like someone else said...you can have new York. Sure it is cosmopolitan, trendy...but at what cost? Crazy taxes, terrible pOllution, filthy, pi55 smelling subways and streets, wtc. I guess being calling it home, you might refer to those things as charming. While us pissants in our pprovincial villages, breath clean air, drink clean water and pay a reasonable cost of living. Tough choice.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Like someone else said...you can have new York. Sure it is cosmopolitan, trendy...but at what cost? Crazy taxes, terrible pOllution, filthy, pi55 smelling subways and streets, wtc. I guess being calling it home, you might refer to those things as charming. While us pissants in our pprovincial villages, breath clean air, drink clean water and pay a reasonable cost of living. Tough choice.

Obviously, you never ride the Orange line if you think Boston's subways do not stink.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't live in Boston but have. Trust me, NYC is much more filthy.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I ride the T into Boston everyday and I have to travel pretty regularly. NYC is definitely dirtier, but the subway in Boston may be one of the worst in the country if not the world for a metropolitan area of this size. There a plenty of cities a lot cleaner the Boston - pretty much every major city in Canada comes to mind (oh and they all have better subways as well).

Can you tell I am frustrated T rider? Trust me if you have had sit on train in a station for a "schedule correction" when the train was ten minutes late to start with as many times as I have, you would never defend the MBTA in any argument, or use the MBTA to defend Boston in any argument - but I digress.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I ride the T into Boston everyday and I have to travel pretty regularly. NYC is definitely dirtier, but the subway in Boston may be one of the worst in the country if not the world for a metropolitan area of this size. There a plenty of cities a lot cleaner the Boston - pretty much every major city in Canada comes to mind (oh and they all have better subways as well).

Can you tell I am frustrated T rider? Trust me if you have had sit on train in a station for a "schedule correction" when the train was ten minutes late to start with as many times as I have, you would never defend the MBTA in any argument, or use the MBTA to defend Boston in any argument - but I digress.

rode the T many times...also they still have those elevated trains that run on electricity?

Forget the trains... if you really want something ridiculous they still run the "trackless trolleys" (essentially, buses that run on overheard wires). They are good to come off the wires at least once per trip. There is even special tool the driver has to the can get out, walk around to the back of the "trolley" and reconnect it... I am glad those are no longer part of my commute...

I know this is the wrong place. I definitely have a lot of build up aggression towards the T.

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts