Mediocrity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgetonowhere. Show bridgetonowhere's posts

Mediocrity

Are the Patriots on the fast track to mediocrity? Their play as of late has been uninspiring. It appears that Moss can't beat his way out of double coverage anymore, or he's just not trying. Bill's new nickname should be changed from "Genius" to "Go for it", and the defense has no pass rush at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Mediocrity

Not trying seems more like it...  how many times have we seen him barely make a try at the ball when it is obvious he COULD either knock down the ball to prevent an INT or go for it, at the worse, creating an offensive PI call?

In the Fox halftime highlights today, I saw the highlight on the pic at the goal line and Moss was right there!  He easily could have gotten to that ball.  Where is his head right now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Troll'n on a Sunday afternoon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgetonowhere. Show bridgetonowhere's posts

In Response to Re: Mediocrity:
    [QUOTE]Not trying seems more like it...  how many times have we seen him barely make a try at the ball when it is obvious he COULD either knock down the ball to prevent an INT or go for it, at the worse, creating an offensive PI call? In the Fox halftime highlights today, I saw the highlight on the pic at the goal line and Moss was right there!  He easily could have gotten to that ball.  Where is his head right now?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

His head is stuck in his hind end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Mediocrity:
    [QUOTE]Are the Patriots on the fast track to mediocrity? Their play as of late has been uninspiring. It appears that Moss can't beat his way out of double coverage anymore, or he's just not trying. Bill's new nickname should be changed from "Genius" to "Go for it", and the defense has no pass rush at all.
    Posted by bridgetonowhere[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about... this is his worst game of the year.... he has been showing up check his stats... plus i hear he hasnt been a 100% since week two

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Mediocrity : what are you talking about... this is his worst game of the year.... he has been showing up check his stats... plus i hear he hasnt been a 100% since week two
    Posted by 81pats12[/QUOTE]

This guys a troll dude, Best off ignoring him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Sometimes Moss doesn't give 100%, but there is a reason other than laziness.  If anyone doesn't do a lot of exercise, you should try doing a 50 yard sprint 10 times.  Then try doing it 50, you'll never make it, that's what Moss does every game. 

My point is if Moss goes balls to the wall the first 15 plays he won't have anything left the rest of the game.  He is smart, he knows if he is not the intended reciever he can still draw the coverage and conserve energy for plays when he is the intended reciever. 

He also changes his speed up throughout the game to keep defenders guessing whether he is the target or not.  When they start slacking off him because they think he's just going through the motions he takes off and nobody can catch him. 

You just have to accept that big play recievers can kill the other team or get no catches it just depends on a few plays through the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

[QUOTE]Sometimes Moss doesn't give 100%, but there is a reason other than laziness.  If anyone doesn't do a lot of exercise, you should try doing a 50 yard sprint 10 times.  Then try doing it 50, you'll never make it, that's what Moss does every game.  My point is if Moss goes balls to the wall the first 15 plays he won't have anything left the rest of the game.  He is smart, he knows if he is not the intended reciever he can still draw the coverage and conserve energy for plays when he is the intended reciever.  He also changes his speed up throughout the game to keep defenders guessing whether he is the target or not.  When they start slacking off him because they think he's just going through the motions he takes off and nobody can catch him.  You just have to accept that big play recievers can kill the other team or get no catches it just depends on a few plays through the game.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

yessir... another post with beautiful insight... i was starting to wonder w+f happened to the smart pats fans

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Some of it is the double coverage and some of it is p--s poor playcalling. Moss has never been a slot guy or a slant guy or the type of player that likes getting hammered over middle. Always most effective with the deep ball. Something tells me that neither Brady or Moss is excited about the playcalling. More and more I am starting to think that Mc Daneils was a very integral part of this coaching staff and he and the Patriots offense were completely on the same page in 2007. I say this because alot of times people tend to believe it is all solely Belichick, but other coaches have to contribute (Weis, Crennel) for this team to be successful. BB might be the autocrat of the football field, however, I am certain he listens to his coaches all the time.

Sections
Shortcuts