Meeting Josh Barrett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Meeting Josh Barrett

Name: Josh Barrett
    College: www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/college.php?DSTeamId=45&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC" target="_blank" title="Other Prospects from Arizona State">Arizona State     Number: 19
    Height: 6-2   Weight: 223
    Position: www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=SS&draftyear=2008&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC" title="Click here for other SS's">SS  Pos2: FS/OLB
    Class/Draft Year:

www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=SS&draftyear=2008&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC" title="Other 2008 SS's">rSr/2008
    40 Time: 4.34      40 Low: 4.30   40 High: 4.43
    Projected Round: www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/value.php?projected=3&draftyear=2008&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC" title="Other Prospects projected for Round(s) 3">3  Stock: Falling due to injury www.nfldraftscout.com/members/images/same.gif" border="0" alt="" />   
    Rated number 3 out of 134 SS's

If you look back @ this Draft class you'll remeber our prognosticator mbeaulieu07, Tex, MVP...

Bottom line this kid was a combine beast he is basically Taylor Mays with a Brain... 6'2 225 runs a 4.34 officially 4.30 @ his pro day.

This kid is exactly what you need in 4:3 3:4 hybrid

Why,

I said this last week but the personel on this team makes us a AUDIBLE NIGHTMARE... for QBs we can line up in either front because our DEs have played OLB...

Cunningham & Ninkovich can play the Strong side in the 4:3, LOLB in 3:4 Carter and Anderson can plan RDE or ROLB. 

I know it is a stretch to put Cunningham on the Strong side of a 4:3... I truely feel Tarpanian from IOWA is our man there because that is his natural position but he does not have the size to play the 3:4 look.

either way our DE is revolutionary 

4 down// Ellis, Haynesworth, Fork, Carter
    3 LBs// Cunnningham, Spikes, Mayo
    2 DBs// McCourty, Bodden
    SS/FS Chung, Barrett

OR

3 down/// Ellis Fork Haynesworth
    4 LBs// Cunningham, Spikes, Mayo, Carter
    2 DBs// McCourty, Bodden
    SS/FS Chung Barret

OR

Nickel

4 down/// Anderson Haynesworth, Fork, Carter
    2 LBs// Mayo, Guyton
    2 DBs// McCourty, Bodden
    Star Chung
    SS/FS Brown, Barrett

This DE can audile to a 4:3 look by having Barrett look down the weak side while Mayo flips to the strong side

Bottom line this DE does not have a BASE anything

I personally love the hybrid 4:3 look with all these options

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Meeting Josh Barrett

All good points and agree with most. Barrett is an interesting prospect at least on paper. he's a tad smaller than I would like at 4-3 OLB, but I think can pull it off if you change up on the fly. He's I think what BB was seeking in that hybrid role, similar to what McGowan did, but way more gifted in terms of speed.

You didn't mention a 5 man line. But what about this crazy alignment....

Ellis, Pryor, VW, Haynesworth, Carter
    Mayo
    Bodden, McCourty, Dowling,
    Chung, Barrett

Lots to play with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Re: Meeting Josh Barrett:
    All good points and agree with most. Barrett is an interesting prospect at least on paper. he's a tad smaller than I would like at 4-3 OLB, but I think can pull it off if you change up on the fly. He's I think what BB was seeking in that hybrid role, similar to what McGowan did, but way more gifted in terms of speed. You didn't mention a 5 man line. But what about this crazy alignment.... Ellis, Pryor, VW, Haynesworth, Carter Mayo Bodden, McCourty, Dowling, Chung, Barrett Lots to play with.
    Posted by PatsLifer

I couldn't fit in all the psoosibilities

a 4-2 or 5-1 nickel look would be amazing

The Patriots used that 5-1 look when Mayo went down in 2009 and Guyton was the guy in the middle behind two NT.

I like all the looks what i like most about this patriots team is that they can give you many many looks with the same personel on the field

1) Vince and Haynesworth can play DE/NT/DT
    2) Ellis can play DE in both
    3) Carter and Cunningham can play Hybrid Tweeners in a 3:4 but are better suited as 4:3 ends.
    4) Mayo and Guyton can play all the LB positions, they played ALL in college as well. Mayo played strong and weak side as a sophmore and was moved to middle his Junior Year. Guyton was a weakside backed at Georgia Tech but finished on the strong side his senior year.
    5) Barrett has the size to play weakside backer and the speed to play SS/FS
    6) Chung is a SS but he can play the STAR
    7) Dane fletcher plays the middle well and he used to be a DE in college
    8) Bodden is a left corner who can play the STAR as well.
    9) Ras I Dowling, Bodden and Moulden (new guy from houston) have the size to play safety in Nickle and Dime.

I'm sorry but i don't see this type of flexibilty anywhere else in the NFL
    Patriots have created a defense similar to there offense... its a week to week game planning hybrid 4:3 3:4

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Hi Josh Barrett

My name's Nick

jk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

What no love for butler lol

Sections
Shortcuts