MEGA region of CHAMPIONS... u including UCONN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

MEGA region of CHAMPIONS... u including UCONN?

a twitter follower broke it down really proper.. incl uconn men's bball, the greater boston mega-region NOW HAS 19 TROPHYS since 1999. think about that. never in the history have so many teams dominated in this way. sox, pats, bruins, celts, uconn, the glory never ends... last night the uconn women won.. heck, incl them as well and things get even more mega. must be something about the water in the area that makes winning super contagious... incl the college hockey titles and the women titles, and u got 30 easy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: MEGA region of CHAMPIONS... u including UCONN?

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

a twitter follower broke it down really proper.. incl uconn men's bball, the greater boston mega-region NOW HAS 19 TROPHYS since 1999. think about that. never in the history have so many teams dominated in this way. sox, pats, bruins, celts, uconn, the glory never ends... last night the uconn women won.. heck, incl them as well and things get even more mega. must be something about the water in the area that makes winning super contagious...

Are you suggesting 'roids in the water supply here?

Leave your swill by the side of the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

a twitter follower broke it down really proper.. incl uconn men's bball, the greater boston mega-region NOW HAS 19 TROPHYS since 1999. think about that. never in the history have so many teams dominated in this way. sox, pats, bruins, celts, uconn, the glory never ends... last night the uconn women won.. heck, incl them as well and things get even more mega. must be something about the water in the area that makes winning super contagious... incl the college hockey titles and the women titles, and u got 30 easy!

[/QUOTE]

they are in connecticuit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they are in connecticuit

[/QUOTE]

I was born, raised, reared, went to high school, and college in NCentral Connecticut...  I have NEVER even remotely believed that Storrs and my original town (20 minutes outside Storrs and 1 which borders the Mass line) were something other than Boston-based towns and Teams.  I consider that to be the "heart of NE" Upper Boston West and slightly north than straight on down to Springfield down and over the NCentral CT towns above Hartford...  THAT to me, Is New England.  I construe aspects of Southern Vermont above even Providence or New Hampshire.  ...But to me, and how I was bred...It was never, EVER- CT based...you'd be ostracized as being a Hartford and below "Tory" IF you said NY york based...  Wasn't NY State based nor even New Hampshire nor Maine based (o.k. maybe the southernmost town of main and 1/2 mile of NH).  North Central CT IS "Bostonian" through and through. 

O.k....  I'll put it simply-  Storrs and NCentral Ct is what Bostonians view to be NYC, IF NYC wasn't Wrong.  Educated, Cultured, Really high-paced...just not pathological.  IF New York City existed in some reality wherein NYC was fixed...it'd be NCentral CT.

=Boston based. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

O.k....  I'll put it simply-  Storrs and NCentral Ct is what Bostonians view to be NYC, IF NYC wasn't Wrong.  Educated, Cultured, Really high-paced...just not pathological.  IF New York City existed in some reality wherein NYC was fixed...it'd be NCentral CT.

=Boston based. 

[/QUOTE]

what town you from Laz?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Somers.

Enfield-Somers-Stafford

Ellington-Vernon/Rockville

I currently live in Rockville...  I love how people say Rockville is a "bad town."  I only feel safe when there's a 50% white 50% minority mix...  80% Caucasian I start feeling that I'm going to be arrested...or blamed for something <and I've been told I'M white- not often...but my parents are, I guess>.  White people scare me...that's what happens when you grow up in Somers.  I don't what else to say-  I forget the original topic of discussion...I feel repressed, shamed...some white person might call the cops on me.  I might be saved, or just d#mned.  I'm fallen, saved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Somers.

Enfield-Somers-Stafford

Ellington-Vernon/Rockville

I currently live in Rockville...  I love how people say Rockville is a "bad town."  I only feel safe when there's a 50% white 50% minority mix...  80% Caucasian I start feeling that I'm going to be arrested...or blamed for something <and I've been told I'M white- not often...but my parents are, I guess>.  White people scare me...that's what happens when you grow up in Somers.  I don't what else to say-  I forget the original topic of discussion...I feel repressed, shamed...some white person might call the cops on me.  I might be saved, or just d#mned.  I'm fallen, saved.

[/QUOTE]

Sweet man, grew up in Enfield. that whole area too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

They shoulda widened 190 eons ago.  I credit that street alone with most'a my mania.  I lived on the Stafford cusp and it would take me 45 minutes in either direction just to hit a freeway...  talk about "New England."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

uhm, no!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they are in connecticuit

[/QUOTE]

I was born, raised, reared, went to high school, and college in NCentral Connecticut...  I have NEVER even remotely believed that Storrs and my original town (20 minutes outside Storrs and 1 which borders the Mass line) were something other than Boston-based towns and Teams.  I consider that to be the "heart of NE" Upper Boston West and slightly north than straight on down to Springfield down and over the NCentral CT towns above Hartford...  THAT to me, Is New England.  I construe aspects of Southern Vermont above even Providence or New Hampshire.  ...But to me, and how I was bred...It was never, EVER- CT based...you'd be ostracized as being a Hartford and below "Tory" IF you said NY york based...  Wasn't NY State based nor even New Hampshire nor Maine based (o.k. maybe the southernmost town of main and 1/2 mile of NH).  North Central CT IS "Bostonian" through and through. 

=Boston based. 

[/QUOTE]

no actually NY CT NJ known for century plus as the Tri-State area-which as you see has no part of MA in the equation so factually not only does NY have more of a claim than MA but can also rightly claim 1/3 of the championship

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

no, not including UConn. 

Boston is the heart of this thing, and that's in Massachusetts. 

In case you were not aware UMass and UConn once had a pretty bitter rivarly. I wouldn't suddenly switch sides just because UMass didn't handle their basketball program right.

There are a ton of Yankee and Giants fans in Conn, the closer you get to New York City the more they are identiable as New Yorkers (and proudly so, commuting to NYC etc). I meet far more Yanks/Giants fans from Connecticut than I do Pats/Sox/Bruins. 

Conn is also considered part of the tri-state area (along with NY and NJ). In fact on this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_area_%28NY-NJ-CT%29 

All but one of the most populous cities in the entire state of CT is considered part of the New York metropolitan area. 

That's NOT New England. 

I don't want credit for the championships won by world class jabros Calhoun and Geno - though I'll grant you that they are hall of fame coaches. Just not my kinda guys. I'd pay to see them in a Fight Club style match though. 

If CT fans want to root for New England teams and consider themselves part of New England, I'm good with that. But i don't consider those CT championships part of what I as a Mass resident would root for. Most Mass residents will tell you the same - as much as i respect their dominant accomplishments.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they are in connecticuit

[/QUOTE]

=Boston based. 

[/QUOTE]

no actually NY CT NJ known for century plus as the Tri-State area-which as you see has no part of MA in the equation so factually not only does NY have more of a claim than MA but can also rightly claim 1/3 of the championship

[/QUOTE]

CT is a mixed bag as far as NY/NE goes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no, not including UConn. 

Boston is the heart of this thing, and that's in Massachusetts. 

In case you were not aware UMass and UConn once had a pretty bitter rivarly. I wouldn't suddenly switch sides just because UMass didn't handle their basketball program right.

There are a ton of Yankee and Giants fans in Conn, the closer you get to New York City the more they are identiable as New Yorkers (and proudly so, commuting to NYC etc). I meet far more Yanks/Giants fans from Connecticut than I do Pats/Sox/Bruins. 

Conn is also considered part of the tri-state area (along with NY and NJ). In fact on this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_area_%28NY-NJ-CT%29 

All but one of the most populous cities in the entire state of CT is considered part of the New York metropolitan area. 

That's NOT New England. 

I don't want credit for the championships won by world class jabros Calhoun and Geno - though I'll grant you that they are hall of fame coaches. Just not my kinda guys. I'd pay to see them in a Fight Club style match though. 

If CT fans want to root for New England teams and consider themselves part of New England, I'm good with that. But i don't consider those CT championships part of what I as a Mass resident would root for. Most Mass residents will tell you the same - as much as i respect their dominant accomplishments.

[/QUOTE]

I worked in CT for years, in various places all the way from New Milford to Manchester. There are lots of Pats fans there. A bunch got all miffed when Kraft pulled the rug out on the stadium plan and went Giants. (As if CT could support an NFL team. LMAO)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I guess this "tri-state" denotation never made it up to me...in my life.  I mean, the name rings a belll-  meaning:  3 close by states...anywhere. 

WhereInTH do they even say this?  New Haven?  New London?  New Milford?  Like...New York?  Greenich, Ct...like Greenich Village, NY?  Idk...  I don't know of any "New" anything above Hartford.  And I see 1 person a day with a NY Yankees bumpersticker...and sometimes I recognize them as the same person.  Then I see 1000 people a day with a Pats/Red Sox sticker.  My cousins were Giants Fans, but they were Hartford area based- Uncles fam were NY based...so?  Noone in my HS were Yankee, Knicks, Nets, Jets, Giants, or even Islander or whatever fans.  In the 80's you'd see the stores with about equal Jets and equal Pats stuff...you just wouldn't really SEE any-ONE in camo green jets apparel (80's-when they both svcked...and heck, that's blanket mass-market mass-produced chain retail capitalism for ya).

Anyway...My hometown bordered the Mass line directly...and Storrs was 20 minutes away?  Is Sturbridge "Pats Nation"?  If so...Storrs is 10-15 minutes away.  I bet there's some folk from Sturbridge that like UConn...idk.  This might be above me-  New England reminds me of New England...when I'm in New England.  Ma-Ct-RI-NH-Vt-Mn...down to the Cape again...just do a circle, heck if I care.  Are Gainesville and Miami (Gators and Hurricanes) part of FLa winning a Championship?  =They're further away than Boston is to Storrs, Ct.  NY's a longer commute than Boston...so I choose Boston, and nearly everyone in my area does the same.  Do I gotta live IN Boston...  Look, I don't got these answers.  Longhorns vs University of Houston winning a BCS title for Texas.  Then do an equillateral circle from Boston outwards in comparison...and that'll be fair.  We'll just do that...  I'll call everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they are in connecticuit

[/QUOTE]

=Boston based. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only part of CT that's in the tri-state area is Fairfield County.  That's New York.  The rest of Connecticut is in New England.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they are in connecticuit

[/QUOTE]

=Boston based. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only part of CT that's in the tri-state area is Fairfield County.  That's New York.  The rest of Connecticut is in New England.  

[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhh *snap wid'da smarty-pants.  Laz bein' all "what's widda state?," And finally-  Mr. Specific down to the t, pezz...comin on thru to homeplate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they are in connecticuit

[/QUOTE]

=Boston based. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no the entire state is in the tri STATE area...you have zero claim to UConn's win but NY has 33%...truth be told only CT has any claim to it but it seems you beantowners think ur entitled

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

no the entire state is in the tri STATE area...you have zero claim to UConn's win but NY has 33%...truth be told only CT has any claim to it but it seems you beantowners think ur entitled

[/QUOTE]

http://www.discovernewengland.org/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Always thought of Conn as a bedroom community of NYC obviously it is split down the middle somewhere as far as sports allegiences.

NH & RI are mostly Boston oriented , as is Maine. Vermont is split between Boston and NY (all 600,00 people) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they are in connecticuit

[/QUOTE]

And the NY Giants and Jets play in Jersey

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Always thought of Conn as a bedroom community of NYC obviously it is split down the middle somewhere as far as sports allegiences.

NH & RI are mostly Boston oriented , as is Maine. Vermont is split between Boston and NY (all 600,00 people) 

[/QUOTE]

But who do the Vermont cows root for? They greatly outnumber the humans so they have to be considered

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ct is part of New England. Ny only can claim Greenwich.  I grew up in oldsaybrook went to school at Vinal tech. Everyone I knew were sox, bruins, celts and pats fans. The skankees had some draw but the Red Sox ruled the area. Celts didnt care about the Knicks, it was the lakers that mattered back then.  You had your band wagon fans but their probably pats fans now anyway. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

No way. We can claim BC and BU's 4 hockey titles since 2008 (of course I have to mention that 3 belong to the far supeior school!) but nothing that is outside of Massachusetts is eligible. The only good thing to come out of UConn is Ray Allen. F UConn!