Mel Kiper haters...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Mel Kiper haters...

Full disclosure....I do enjoy the info in his pubs...and purchase it..

NFL Mock Draft
    *Last 5 year Averages*
    Compiled from the Top 100
    Media outlets and Draft sites

1. Rick Gosselin - Dallas Morning News  47.60  www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    2. Jason Boris - Times News  44.40
    3. Mel Kiper Jr - ESPN  43.20 www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    4. Michael Abromowitz - The Football Expert 42.60
    5. Robby Esch - The Huddle Report  42.00 www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    6. Ryan McCrystal - Draft Ace  41.20
    7. Al Fronczak - East Coast Sports News 40.80
    8. Scott Wright - Draft Countdown  40.80 www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    9. Todd McShay - Scouts Inc. 40.40 www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    10. Chad Thompson - NFL Draft Line  40.40 www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    11. John Clifford - Draft Board Insider 40.20 www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    12. Pat Kirwan - NFL.com  39.00 www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    13. Tommy Lawlor - Scouts Notebook 38.20 www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    14. Matt Bitonti - Draft Daddy  38.20 www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/tp.gif" border="0" alt="" width="30" />
    15. Curtis Popejoy - Draft Board Insider 38.20

Compiled and scored by The Huddle Report

JUst a subject for discussion...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Mel Kiper haters...

Kiper better be in the Top 100...he comes out with a new mock draft every hour for 8 months a year.  They should do a Kiper averages when it comes to profiling the actual prospects themselves...b/c he svx. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Where was Mbeaulieu? where was Laz, where was Faucetman... this list is Bunk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

And once again a mockery is being made of mock drafts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper haters...:
    [QUOTE]Where was Mbeaulieu? where was Laz, where was Faucetman... this list is Bunk
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11[/QUOTE]

Haha, I know Laz was all over the DMC pick and we were all over Spikes, Cunningham, Hernandez and Deadrick while DMC and Price were discussed a bunch as well on last years draft thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Kiper is like your local weatherman.

He doesn't appear to know any more about what's going to happen than you or I . . .   but he's having  no trouble cashing the checks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mel Kiper haters... : Haha, I know Laz was all over the DMC pick and we were all over Spikes, Cunningham, Hernandez and Deadrick while DMC and Price were discussed a bunch as well on last years draft thread.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

RE: Spikes alone, this is d#mn true...  Each and ALL of maybe the roughly 6 or so of us draft-nuts that live & die by it everyday & 12 months a year, Spoke up again and again and again about Spikes ridiculous game instincts and anticipation skills, his pass-coverage abilities in actual gameplay, and his potential to be a perfect fit in a 3-4 D as a SILB next to Mayo at weak...  B/c good god, there musta been at least half a dozen thread's started about Spikes' slow 40 time (on a track field)....the number of threads alone was absurd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I just don't understand why the Pats won't draft me.... to do anything.... honestly.... I'll clean the jons at Gillette if I have too.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

This is a mockery!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Of course Mel close to the top, he's done about 6,000,000 Moch drafts hasn't he?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

jozee,

Was that last week or this week?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If those percentages stretch anywhere past the first round, the top five guys are simply amazing. Knowning who is going where in round one is easy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Full disclosure....I do enjoy the info in his pubs...and purchase it."

This statement makes me feel for your plight somewhat more than the life-ending thread on the board here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper haters...: Amen! He probably realizes what a fraud he is and laughs at us all.
    [QUOTE]Kiper is like your local weatherman. He doesn't appear to know any more about what's going to happen than you or I . . .   but he's having  no trouble cashing the checks.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think he's a goober who likely never played sports in his life, but he's pretty accurate. 

He just is not accurate whatsoever when it comes to NE's drafts or whoever BB picks.

It's pretty funny.  Last year was funny when he called McCourty a reach and ended up scrambling around for his paperwork for other draft picks.  It was more obvious in previous years who befuddled he would be.

When they chose Cunningham, there was a pretty large silence. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Didn't Kiper take money for years, from agents, to hype their clients or something like that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]I think he's a goober who likely never played sports in his life, but he's pretty accurate.  He just is not accurate whatsoever when it comes to NE's drafts or whoever BB picks. It's pretty funny.  Last year was funny when he called McCourty a reach and ended up scrambling around for his paperwork for other draft picks.  It was more obvious in previous years who befuddled he would be. When they chose Cunningham, there was a pretty large silence. 
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    Custy Cheese, help us out here please......I'm trying to learn to talk football with you!
    You say Mel is a goober (stop looking in the mirror and pay attention)... and that he is pretty accurate, but then you say he's not accurate!
    Now in the real world you are either accurate or you are not, it doesnt matter who the team is.  Is this more of, "Rusty's Trickle Down Football-E-nomics?"
    based on your like and dislike of Regan-Nomics and how you liked it but didnt like it?
    So let me get this right, in your book everyone is either a goober, loser, homopod or intrinsic megladon with a cavity?

Ok bi-g guy, let me try and answer you in football terms cuz you say I never talk footballs wit you.
    1)...You are the ultimate Quaterback- because your answers to any questions here are like you reaching for your center and pulling the balls outta his azzz. Not only are they shiety but they stink!
    2)...You are Most Like a Pop Boner-Head Coach- Your knowledge is like the O-line of 7yr old kids, full of holes, non-communication and total mis-direction.
    3)...You are the only Football-Scout-Consultant that Al Davis didn't want to speak to,.... and that NASCAR Voted to be a total Skid-Mark!

am I getting better Rusty?  hut Hut HUT!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I said he's not accurate when it comes to the Pats. No one is.

Read much?

Your Lawrence High education is showing, Stompie. I'd say put down the photo shop tools and the vaseline in your other hand, and try reading for once.

Excessive use of exclamation points and capital letters won't change how dumb you are.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mel Kiper haters... : RE: Spikes alone, this is d#mn true...  Each and ALL of maybe the roughly 6 or so of us draft-nuts that live & die by it everyday & 12 months a year, Spoke up again and again and again about Spikes ridiculous game instincts and anticipation skills, his pass-coverage abilities in actual gameplay, and his potential to be a perfect fit in a 3-4 D as a SILB next to Mayo at weak...  B/c good god, there musta been at least half a dozen thread's started about Spikes' slow 40 time (on a track field)....the number of threads alone was absurd.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I remember a majority of us loved Spikes and had him going in the mid 2nd to late 3rd area. I think it's funny that the major draft people just dismissed his speed because we saw his instincts and intangibles but this year a lot of people turned into Al Davis wanting the fastest thing on 2 legs for WR, RB, and OLB.

DMc was a shocker last year. I remember I thought he was a shot in the mid to late 2nd but wasn't happy they took him with the 1st (boy I was wrong) but I do remember at least a couple of us thinking he could be an option.

As far as Kiper goes. From picks 1-10 he is great then he starts to tail off a bit but still manages to have good guess from then on out. The problem is that he is always wrong on the Pats. Before the pick his ego gets in the way and he acts like he has inside info and then looks like a combo of confused and angry when they trade back or don't pick his player. Personally I think that's why they always cut to a break right before or after the Pats pick/trade. Because they have to give Kiper a second to pick his jaw off the ground, get info on the player, and have him search through his 1 bazillion mocks to realize that it wasn't the player he chose in any of them. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose. Targeting every player that Kiper didn't pick for them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

So true.

The best part of watching the draft is Kiper's reaction after NE picks. There is always dead silence for a few seconds and lots of scrambling for paperwork.

Priceless.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

His best asset seems to be not so much his accuracy, but his knowledge of the players. Plus, he was the original draftnik.
    When someone is picked..it's helpful to have guy be able to regurgitate instant info about just about all the players. The other guys at the table seem to lean on him pretty heavily. His whole look ..image ..comments..history are usually good television.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Plus, his windtunnel tested hair will of course one day make it to Canton.

Obviously.

The NFL will ask the Kiper family if they can scalp Mel after he passes away, before cremation, to preserve the hair.

Also, the McShay/Kiper throwdowns are hilarious. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

[QUOTE]Plus, his windtunnel tested hair will of course one day make it to Canton. Obviously. The NFL will ask the Kiper family if they can scalp Mel after he passes away, before cremation, to preserve the hair. Also, the McShay/Kiper throwdowns are hilarious. 

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Homer gets Snake's hair in a hair transplant and turns evil.
    That hair reminds me of Kiper's hair. Remember it walked around on its own shooting people. Good stuff.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]So true. The best part of watching the draft is Kiper's reaction after NE picks. There is always dead silence for a few seconds and lots of scrambling for paperwork. Priceless.
    I think that your reaction comment holds true for all the draft prognosticators after the Pats pick.
    The best thing about Kiper, and all of the rest, if you don't like them, don't read them. I don't put much stock the in the mock anyways....
    I have always been of the opinion that the Pats, as do just about every other team, have made their decisions on the talent aspects about 4-8 weeks ago. I never subscribed to the philosophy of a player rising or falling other than injury or personal issues

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed.  My only issue with Kiper is he states things based on data almost exclusively and pretty much ignores an NFL team's style of drafting, etc.

McShay is aware of what a team like a NE would look for, while Kiper is not.

McShay is also from Mass, I believe. Kiper is from Baltimore, originally, I believe.

Overall, I actually think Kiper has mellowed over the years. He was more annoying 10-15 years ago.

Mayock is probably the best out of all them.  He seems to have a very good read across the board (team need, talent of player, style of NFL team's draft apporach, etc).

Sections
Shortcuts