Mel Kiper Jr...TORREY SMITH.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Mel Kiper Jr...TORREY SMITH.

I started a discussion about this kid.The video and games i have seen him in...the kid looks like he has the tools to be a really good wr for our Pats. Im not a BIG Kiper fan but I do like this first round mock...Do you guys?? The 33rd pick we snag our OL. I just really like this kid and I really hope he wears a pats uniform!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Re: Mel Kiper Jr...TORREY SMITH.

In Response to Mel Kiper Jr...TORREY SMITH.:
    I started a discussion about this kid.The video and games i have seen him in...the kid looks like he has the tools to be a really good wr for our Pats. Im not a BIG Kiper fan but I do like this first round mock...Do you guys?? The 33rd pick we snag our OL. I just really like this kid and I really hope he wears a pats uniform!
    Posted by patriots1a2

What mock? Did you mean to post a link or something? But seeing we are here talking about things that no one else can see How do you like my new lamborghini? It turns in to a transformer its pretty sweet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerice50. Show jerice50's posts

I don't have Kiper-getting abilities, 1a2, which pick would we use for Smith?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Drafting Smith would be like taking Taylor Price again. he's a year from contributing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It seems that Kiper is never right about the Pats and is always angry and confused at who they pick. I'd say there's a 80% chance whoever Mel picks for them they won't take  Tongue out

But I wouldn't mind Smith either

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I'd say there's a 80% chance whoever Mel picks for them they won't take"

I'd say it's closer to 95%. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mock thoughts: DE & WR combo

February, 16, 2011   By Mike Reiss
    ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. produces the second version of his mock draft (Insider content), and there are Patriots-based changes from his first submission.

Kiper gives the Patriots defensive end Cameron Jordan (California) at No. 17.

"A defensive end with the versatility to play either the 4-3 or the 3-4, his experience in the 3-4 at Cal makes him an ideal kind of Bill Belichick player," Kiper writes. "Smart, versatile and able to help the team in that role early."

Meanwhile, Kiper gives the Patriots receiver Torrey Smith (Maryland) at No. 28, which puts Kiper among those who view a speedy receiver as a top need for the Patriots.

"Smith adds speed and the chance to turn short catches into touchdowns," Kiper writes. "He will develop as a deep threat as well. New England shouldn't wonder whether it gave Tom Brady enough weapons."

ANALYSIS: Kiper's first mock draft had the Patriots taking Wisconsin defensive end J.J. Watt at No. 17, but he is off the board early in this second projection. Kiper also had the Patriots taking Illinois running back Mikel Leshoure at No. 28, but Leshoure has dropped out of the first round on his second projection. Perhaps the Patriots would consider him at No. 33 overall -- the top pick of the second round -- in this scenario. I don't envision the Patriots going for a receiver like Smith at No. 28. A player like Georgia outside linebacker Justin Houston might be a better fit in this scenario.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper Jr...TORREY SMITH.:
    Rock, At last look I saw a projection with the Pats taking OT Tyron Smith out of USC at #17, DE/OLB Jimmy Houston Gerogia at #28, Cam Heyward DE Ohio State at #33 and then Maybe Randell Cobb WR out of Kentucky at #60. I like the idea of backing up TB's weak side with Light coming up for contract and then go hard at the pass rush. Maybe they should go one more pick on D and then look for someone who can stretch the field? Of course, none of them know what the he!! will happen. New England weathermen do a better job so who knows??
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Sam--I don't want the Patriots to take a WR in the 1st round....I would rather them spend the picks on D or a OL.  I would be okay with them using the 2nd of the 2nd round picks on a "Fast" WR

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ummmm, can we develop Tate and Price before we take on any more projects?!  We aint talking about 2nd day picks here..., you really want to take a WR in the 1st rd?  Im sick of us worrying about weapons for Brady.  We scored the most points in the league last year and it helped us none in the playoffs.  You gotta pack a defense in January. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Let's all keep a mental note on the first round so we can laugh at the experts. 

Note to self: on Thursday February 17, I (Liam) replied to a post on Boston.com at 2:15 in the affie saying that there was a better chance of finding a condom dispenser in a bathroom at the Vatican than the Patriots drafting a wide receiver in the first round of the April 2011 draft. 

I would be shocked -- SHOCKED -- if the Patriots take a player at any of the skill positions in the first round of this draft.  Kiper must be huffing magic markers in between hair appointments.     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I love the Cameron Jordan pick but wonder whether he'll drop to 17. The Pats have blown too many wide receiver picks (think Johnson and Jackson) recently, so I'd rather use a later pick on that. The Pats didn't really have offensive issues last year so most of the early picks should be used on solidifying the defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Let's all keep a mental note on the first round so we can laugh at the experts.  Note to self: on Thursday February 17, I (Liam) replied to a post on Boston.com at 2:15 in the affie saying that there was a better chance of finding a condom dispenser in a bathroom at the Vatican than the Patriots drafting a wide receiver in the first round of the April 2011 draft.  I would be shocked -- SHOCKED -- if the Patriots take a player at any of the skill positions in the first round of this draft.  Kiper must be huffing magic markers in between hair appointments.     
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

That is HILARIOUS btw. But every year Kiper says that the Pats are going to take a skill position within the first 2 picks and they never do. And since they never take the players he tells them to take they always cut to commercial right when the Pats are about to pick or just after so that Mel doesn't have to try to comment on it.

Seriously I've noticed over the last 3 years whenever the Pats are on the clock or have just picked they always go to a commercial break even if they just had one. Anyone else notice that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper Jr...TORREY SMITH. : That is HILARIOUS btw. But every year Kiper says that the Pats are going to take a skill position within the first 2 picks and they never do. And since they never take the players he tells them to take they always cut to commercial right when the Pats are about to pick or just after so that Mel doesn't have to try to comment on it. Seriously I've noticed over the last 3 years whenever the Pats are on the clock or have just picked they always go to a commercial break even if they just had one. Anyone else notice that?
    Posted by PatsEng

Yes.  ESPN doesn't like seeing their prized "draft analyst" get shown up with the Pats team building plans.

I don't think the commercial break is a coincidence at this point.

I like it when he scrambles through his paperwork when NE drafts.  It always comes after about 2-4 seconds of dead silence.

Then, months later, he's raving about how NE does in the draft.

Agreed on WR picks in Round 1:

1. Expensive
    2. Very Risky for this system
    3. Not a high priority

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

what upside, non stop motor, a beast

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Mel Kiper Jr...TORREY SMITH. : What mock? Did you mean to post a link or something? But seeing we are here talking about things that no one else can see How do you like my new lamborghini? It turns in to a transformer its pretty sweet.
    Posted by tenacioust

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?page=KiperMockDraft2.0

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

kiper is an amateur. 
    no way Torrey goes in the 1st round, thats a promise

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The video and games i have seen him in...

Thats the part i have issue with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

So many of you don't want a wr in the first round...what if the guy is there at 33? Take a OL with 28 and take T Smith with pick 33?? I can care less if Kiper Jr is wrong every time. I only said I liked his first round mock...soooo is T Smith worthy of pick 33??

Sections
Shortcuts