Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him..."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him..."

ESPN is searching Pop Warner game films for a highlight package.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Re: Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him..."

He had a sack in a pop warner game!!!

BB loves that information...Just in Rutgers football is BB's way...

BB didn't watch any film on him!! He trusts the Rutgers staff!!!

Sorry people - BB has lost the edge!!!

This football team needs pass rushers - PERIOD!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him..."

You might try doing a simple Google search, in which case you would discover that Kiper was well aware of McCourty and thought pretty highly of him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

It's a case of the casual Pat's fan not being familiar with the player, the natural reaction is to question the move and put down BB and his personnel staff.

Kid fits their defensive scheme perfectly, smart kid (academic all conference) good quickness in and out of his breaks, good lateral agility/explosion, great straight line speed, good awareness and instincts in coverage, good toughness/physicality against the run, projects as an ideal zone CB.  Not to mention his ability on ST, where BB historically plays his starters.

The NFL is trending towards a predominantly passing league, to counter teams need better DB's, specifically CB' to match up against 3 receiver sets.

Good pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

While we certainly need a pass rusher, we can't overlook our need for a 3rd CB that is as good as a starter.  The Texans put another receiver on the field last year to force Wilhite on the field.  They then threw in Wilhite's direction all day.  We know how that went.  So yeah, we need at least 3 starting quality DB's on the roster.

They say this draft is loaded with DE/OLB's.  I assume (hope) we go in that direction tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Need a pass rusher but maybe BB thought the 3rd best CB in the Draft was better than the 10th best pash rusher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him...":
    Look on the bright side, with 3-4 years of coaching, he could make the punt coverage team.  I think our biggest need now is to draft another "gunner" to play the other side of the field on punts.
    Posted by John413
    Awesome Post I'm in tears

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Kiper also asked "who is Logan Mankins, who is Vollmer and why are they drafting Richard Seymour this high."  He is a tool and so are you if you listen to him.

Cornerback is never a wasted pick and this kid was rated very high on everybodies draft board for the corner position. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him...":
    Kiper also asked "who is Logan Mankins, who is Vollmer and why are they drafting Richard Seymour this high."  He is a tool and so are you if you listen to him. Cornerback is never a wasted pick and this kid was rated very high on everybodies draft board for the corner position. 
    Posted by wozzy
    If the moron who has the Patriots Center as his logo knew anything about football he'ld be dangerous. At least before you go and slam the guy you could have taken the time to go to Scouts inc. and research the value of player that BB drafted you might have realized how good a pick this really is. I hope you enjoy tomorrows drafting in the 2nd and third round,oh by the way if they didn't trade down the second time they wouldn't have had a pick in the third round and to top it off they still drafted the same player they were going to take at #22.....Just keep hating I'm a Patriots fan and I love the pick and the moves...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I actually like the pick. I was shocked but I still like it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Kiper rated him as the 4th best corner by the way. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

i kind of like the pick. 

would have preferred brandon graham or sean weatherspoon, but they were already picked.

still kind of strange with all the recent picks on chung, butler, wilhite/wheatley and meriweather. time to look towards other positions besides secondary. 

kindle has no toughness and cannot fight off any blocks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Kiper also asked "who is Logan Mankins, who is Vollmer and why are they drafting Richard Seymour this high."  He is a tool and so are you if you listen to him. Cornerback is never a wasted pick and this kid was rated very high on everybodies draft board for the corner position. 
    Posted by wozzy

He also rated Clausen ahead of Bradford.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Jesus god, IF The New England Patriots could somehow d^mp this Belichick guy, and then idk...Somehow, and someway, COMBINE the drafting prowess of Mel Kiper coupled with the keen eye of someone like Al Davis, THEN I mean...The Patriots simply would NEVER miss:  NE would have the BOTH the heralded big-name prospects from ONLY the top 6 schools, AND NE would have the physically fastest and physically biggest of the draftees from these select schools.  To me at least, when you're selecting a Cornerback, You look at INTs, period point blank just like Mel Kiper does.  So what, IF he's a loudmouth like that CB from Boise State that couldn't care less about the game or his team, And honestly WhoTH cares IF a player isn't an avid love of filmwork, or that he doesn't like to tackle...BECAUSE that INT, is a potential G-A-M-E Changer baby! 

See, Then NE could go for Sergio Kindle because he's archetypal the PERFECT physical mold for a 3-4 OLB and ideally hopefully secure someone like Corey Wooten @ 3-4 DE, who's another massive form...And NO, I don't wanna hear how any whiney specifics about how Kindle is soft at the point of attack, and gets completely lost in games, or how Wooten is an utter underachiever-Because seriously @ 6'7 and 300lbs and still running under a 5.0 40, someone like Wotten will be an utter BEAST in the Pros...a force to reckon with.  Fundamentally flawless Football players who work tirelessly at every aspect of their game, WILL fall by the wayside to guys with better INT numbers and these guys who can Bench more weight.  IF Chad Jackson and Vernon Gholston have taught us ANYthing, It's that, IF You LOOK the part...You ARE the part. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

It's a case of the casual Pat's fan not being familiar with the player, the natural reaction is to question the move and put down BB and his personnel staff. Kid fits their defensive scheme perfectly, smart kid (academic all conference) good quickness in and out of his breaks, good lateral agility/explosion, great straight line speed, good awareness and instincts in coverage, good toughness/physicality against the run, projects as an ideal zone CB.  Not to mention his ability on ST, where BB historically plays his starters. The NFL is trending towards a predominantly passing league, to counter teams need better DB's, specifically CB' to match up against 3 receiver sets. Good pick.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

This was obviously the guy BB was eyeing all along. Not only did he get his man but he added 2 extra picks into the mix out of nowhere......it was a good night

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him...": "Academic All Conference?" Are you kidding me? This pick was a reach when many studs who fill our position of needs were still available! Period. Even if we wanted CB, Kyle Wilson was still around. But we take an "Acadamic All Conference" guy from RUTGERS??? Like we care about that. What did he study (as if it matters): Loan Sharking and Truck Heisting, from the Tony Soprano Emeritus Program?  I guess that now we know what is REALLY important, and now that ANOTHER "superior mind" has talked down to the fans in his ridiculous post.... you would be ecstatic if we took Myron Rolle next???? Or maybe some guy from Harvard??
    It's a case of the casual Pat's fan not being familiar with the player, the natural reaction is to question the move and put down BB and his personnel staff. Kid fits their defensive scheme perfectly, smart kid (academic all conference) good quickness in and out of his breaks, good lateral agility/explosion, great straight line speed, good awareness and instincts in coverage, good toughness/physicality against the run, projects as an ideal zone CB.  Not to mention his ability on ST, where BB historically plays his starters. The NFL is trending towards a predominantly passing league, to counter teams need better DB's, specifically CB' to match up against 3 receiver sets. Good pick.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him...": John---- This post is beautiful. Thank you.

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him..." : Ok, what exactly is our defensive scheme?  The one that was destroyed by good offenses in 2009?  I'm not sure if you watched any of the games last year, but I saw opposing QB's having all day to throw the ball.  So I guess that's our new defensive scheme:  never pressure the QB, and have a slew of undersized project DBs with no playmaking abilities. 
    Posted by John413

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Mel Kiper's analysis: "Who the F is this McCourty guy? I never heard of him..." : This was obviously the guy BB was eyeing all along. Not only did he get his man but he added 2 extra picks into the mix out of nowhere......it was a good night
    Posted by seanblaze

I agree....

Sections
Shortcuts