Member of Revis Camp Says Revis Going to the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

Re: Member of Revis Camp Says Revis Going to the Patriots

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

Wowwww...

i will bring another CB, yes a #2.

Dennard, arrington & CO. ARE NOT NFL STARTERS !

Dennard and Ryan look like NFL starters and Aarington is a serviceable NFL nickel that can provide depth/experience.

You could do a lot worse than having a top (3) of Revis, Dennard and Ryan.

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

We posted simultaneiously, stink.  Saw yours after my screen cleared.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I still doubt he comes, he will want to much $$$

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Maybe a 1 year deal for less money and tries to hit the market big next year? Don't know what Revis is thinking, but still dont see the pats paying the money he wants

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ya, they also reported Talib would be back cuz Washington wanted him but the Pats offered more.  And then there was the report Talib had no offers.

And then Mallett to the Texans and then.............

Y'all need to go back to sleep if you want to dream.  Funny people!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Not to rain on the parade but we don't really have anything more solid than what a friend of his is saying, do we? 

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That wasn't really the question. The question was has BB done it before.  I'm trying to track down Harrison's initial contract numbers now.

Well the question wasn't if they did it before but that it would be a shift in philosophy, which it would as the last 5 years has been about signing the lower cost options vs getting the bigger and better name FA's at the time, a prime example is Peppers who is also a unique talent comparable to Revis at the time he signed with Bears.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Wowwww...

Dennard and Ryan look like NFL starters and Aarington is a serviceable NFL nickel that can provide depth/experience.

You could do a lot worse than having a top (3) of Revis, Dennard and Ryan.

Just get a pass rush, baby.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wowwww...

Dennard is a good number 2, I warned you about smoking Babe's crack.  Now you've caught his crazy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Just another smokescreen! I'll only believe it when I see him in uniform bearing the Patriots logo!! Actually DRC or Cro and maybe even old man Samuels have a better chance at winding up in Patriots uniform next season. However with all this being said Revis was sighted at Logan airport just awhile ago as reported by Andy Hart PFT.com After going to Andy's site it a was a photshopped picture of his arriving in Boston...Faked me out!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

So where is he?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This would be a dramatic shift in philosophy. A big name signing that will cost a ton. It's completely opposite from the system used in the last 5 years. This would be kind of going for it wouldn't it?

It would not.  BB has done it before.  Colvin, Harrison, Thomas are examples.

Harrison signed fairly cheap if I remember right. And don't people use Colvin and Thomas as examples of why signing big names didn't work for the Pats?

That wasn't really the question. The question was has BB done it before.  I'm trying to track down Harrison's initial contract numbers now.

1 yr, 1 million. SD said he had lost a step. Unsure if anyone answered...I won't ever forghet that signing, or how Harrison thanked BB, on the field, after the AFCCG.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

This report is highly speculative. There could be strong interest from several suitors: Philly, Cleveland who could pair him with Haden and has plenty of cap space and even a wild card like Oakland who also has plenty of $.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

So where is he?  Everyone else does 10 minute signings.  Is this going to be a coronation, or just nothing?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Just another smokescreen! I'll only believe it when I see him in uniform bearing the Patriots logo!! Actually DRC or Cro and maybe even old man Samuels have a better chance at winding up in Patriots uniform next season. However with all this being said Revis was sighted at Logan airport just awhile ago as reported by Andy Hart PFT.com.

No, no sighting in Logan.  Fake pictures being posted out there.  Damn photoshoppers.  Apparently Revis is being seen at airports all over the country now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

This report is highly speculative. There could be strong interest from several suitors: Philly, Cleveland who could pair him with Haden and has plenty of cap space and even a wild card like Oakland who also has plenty of $.  

He's a wildcard himself...he's about as money driven as any NFL'r I've ever seen...he'll want REAL $$$, like a 3 year 36 million deal, 23-4 up front...But he'd be worth it, IMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No, no sighting in Logan.  Fake pictures being posted out there.  Damn photoshoppers.  Apparently Revis is being seen at airports all over the country now.

Omg you mean he's Tupac  o.O

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

He's a wildcard himself...he's about as money driven as any NFL'r I've ever seen...he'll want REAL $$$, like a 3 year 36 million deal, 23-4 up front...But he'd be worth it, IMO

Make him an offer he can't refuse! I think the best way to circumvent the cap is via the bonus money and lowering his yearly salary. They aren't going to get him on the cheap but if they are serious about signing him then we as fans should expect their best effort and not some home town discount effort as Derrelle isn't from New England.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Gotta keep in mind that with how the cap might go up, Revis for 10-12 million could seem like a bargain by the time Sherman's deal comes around...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Just another smokescreen! I'll only believe it when I see him in uniform bearing the Patriots logo!! Actually DRC or Cro and maybe even old man Samuels have a better chance at winding up in Patriots uniform next season. However with all this being said Revis was sighted at Logan airport just awhile ago as reported by Andy Hart PFT.com.

yup those photoshopping bastards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Make him an offer he can't refuse! I think the best way to circumvent the cap is via the bonus money and lowering his yearly salary. They aren't going to get him on the cheap but if they are serious about signing him then we as fans should expect their best effort and not some home town discount effort as Derrelle isn't from New England.

I agree with this.  If it was a calculated decision to let Talib walk and to pursue Revis, then don't cheap out with Revis.  If your objective is to get him, then get him.  If it's half hearted and the Pats won't strike a deal unless it's overwhelmingly on their terms, then why bother?  The market has spoken, and even though some teams have overpaid for some good-but-not-great-CBs, Revis is the best of the bunch. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

The more this drags out the more and more I be concerned 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I agree with this.  If it was a calculated decision to let Talib walk and to pursue Revis, then don't cheap out with Revis.  If your objective is to get him, then get him.  If it's half hearted and the Pats won't strike a deal unless it's overwhelmingly on their terms, then why bother?  The market has spoken, and even though some teams have overpaid for some good-but-not-great-CBs, Revis is the best of the bunch. 

See my post above. If they can get him for 10-12 million per year, with the cap going up, that might be a good deal considering how good Revis is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

The more this drags out the more and more I be concerned 

I was thinking the same thing, but maybe there are other moving pieces (VW extension or release, etc.) that need to happen before a deal can work.  The one thing that is promising is that there isn't a lot of details emerging in the media, which probably means both sides are negotiating in earnest.  I'm not one to sound the panic alarm, but really, there are few options at CB that would make me feel better about Talib leaving. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If he comes he HAS to wear 24, is it too late to put Hightower in 55?

Sections
Shortcuts