Menino is the man....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Menino is the man....

First KJ and Hondo and now this..

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8853415/2013-nfl-playoffs-boston-mayor-thomas-menino-stumbles-new-england-patriots-names

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Menino is the man....

I don't understand how you can be the mayor of the greatest sports city in the world but yet you can't pronounce the top players names on each respective team.  ugh

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

The guy's a riot, I can't stop laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It's just down right scary this baffoon is mayor....One would think it's near impossible to sound worse than marble mouth himself, Shannon Sharpe......well......we have a new winner!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I'm like Mighty -- can't stop laughing!  Gonk!!!  Last year it was Grabowski.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats's comment:

I'm like Mighty -- can't stop laughing!  Gonk!!!  Last year it was Grabowski.

And don't forget the famous Wes Weckler LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I don't think anything will ever top Varitek instead of Vinatieri, but man this was good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Well, technically he is the mayor of Boston and not Foxboro...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

And, if I'm not mistaken, he wasn't all that interested in having the Pats come to Boston when that opportunity arose . . .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

He got Rondo and KG wrong in last year's playoffs, too.  He's a knucklehead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Hes the Rex Ryan of mayors....what an embarassing cluless buffoon!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He is an utter embarrassment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Yes he's never been a good public speaker but let's not forget he spent almost 2 months in the hospital and rehab for what has never been fully disclosed. Stroke was one rumor. He's clearly not well, and like some players don't know when it's time to go, Menino's family should tell him it's time to move on and retire.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Funny thread

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And worst part he is wearing a Wilfork jersey, and reading off a piece of paper, and he calls him"Wilcox".....And like Ted Kennedy and Tip O'Neil he will be in office until he dies....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

And, BEFORE the Superbowl was played, Mayor Menino, Mumbled again, he says " WE will have the duck boat pawade on Saturnday instead of dewing the week because everyone can join in the celibation".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I don't understand how you can be the mayor of the greatest sports city in the world but yet you can't pronounce the top players names on each respective team.  ugh

I can't understand how you guys can elect such a buffoon to lead your city. Every time a politician tries to act like he's one of the boys, he steps in it. They're so out of touch with the people they're elected to serve.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Cut and pasted response from the other Menino thread...

I would guess they keep electing him because he has been one of the more effective mayors (or any type of public official, for that matter) in the country.

He is an extremely active presence in the city; a promoter of neighborhood initiatives; a leader against gang-based violence; an advocate for police, fire and emergency rescue personnel; a vocal, successful lobbyist for businesses and conventions (including the 2004 Democratic National Convention) to locate in Boston; a voice for community based health care intiatives and nutrition for the poor; a preservationist for parks and shared public spaces; a proponent of environmentally conscious initiatives that have made Boston one of the greenest cities on the planet; a graduate of UMass who has met with youth groups twice a month without fail (except for illness) since the early 90s; and a guy who has no bigger aspirations than to be mayor of Boston, and as such, is the rare politician who does not take himself very seriously.

Of course, he mumbles and stutters. Guess Bostonians should get rid of the bum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

It's obvious he does it on purpose. Nobody could be that dumb.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

I would guess they keep electing him because he has been one of the more effective mayors (or any type of public official, for that matter) in the country.

He is an extremely active presence in the city; a promoter of neighborhood initiatives; a leader against gang-based violence; an advocate for police, fire and emergency rescue personnel; a vocal, successful lobbyist for businesses and conventions (including the 2004 Democratic National Convention) to locate in Boston; a voice for community based health care intiatives and nutrition for the poor; a preservationist for parks and shared public spaces; a proponent of environmentally conscious initiatives that have made Boston one of the greenest cities on the planet; a graduate of UMass who has met with youth groups twice a month without fail (except for illness) since the early 90s; and a guy who has no bigger aspirations than to be mayor of Boston, and as such, is the rare politician who does not take himself very seriously.

Sorry pal. I didn't know that the mayor was your uncle. LOL!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

what not just see the humor in it?

i mean this guy makes dan quayle sound like cicero

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

No problem; I figured you didn't know anything at all about him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Bwaaaaaaaaa. Thats funny sht....seriously ny pat, that's good to know man, but he deserves a little flack for not getting his city's superstars names right. I can see messing up Rob Ninkovich or  something but Garnett had two initials! KJ???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Bwaaaaaaaaa. Thats funny sht....seriously ny pat, that's good to know man, but he deserves a little flack for not getting his city's superstars names right. I can see messing up Rob Ninkovich or  something but Garnett had two initials! KJ???

Hey, he'll always be Mumbles, LOL!

Excellent mayor, though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I had an out of town friend visit and as you leave Logan the mayor greets you. He thought it was great that in a city known for it's hospitals we had a mentally challenge person greet people entering the city. I had to sadly put my head down and say, no that's our mayor

Sections
Shortcuts