Mentors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Mentors

Here is one term that has gotten as irrational as it gets. The mentor factor. It seams like every year someone uses this excuse for the team to keep an old and washed up player on the team, taking up a VALUABLE roster spot. last year Crumpler, this year Faulk, and now Addia???????? Mentors do NOT belong on the roster. They are called position coaches. No matter how much respect a player has earned, that has NO influence on his making the 53. All three players had TERRIBLE numbers there last few years and were obviously DONE, yet there are always those that think we need to waste a player position for a so called on the field coach. Learn to let go!

Who said "better to let a player go one year too early, than one year too late"?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Mentors

True enough. And if you need mentors, use your own guys who have gotten old.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Mentoring should be coaching.  If it isn't your going to have problems in the long run. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

I disagree. Crumpler and Vrable were great mentors for the team. Crumpler was not resigned because he did a great job his one year he was in New England, allowing Gronkowski and Hernandez to grow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Crumpler was pretty good for us. I think Bill always tries to have a mix of young and old - its too complicated here to trust everything to young players that haven't grown up yet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I think there is some confusing on what is mentoring and what's veteran leadership. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Mentors": [QUOTE]Crumpler was pretty good for us. I think Bill always tries to have a mix of young and old - its too complicated here to trust everything to young players that haven't grown up yet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE] Crumpler may br good but anytime i read or hear his name i remember that easy touchdown he dropped vs jets in playoff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Mentors:
    [QUOTE]Crumpler was pretty good for us. I think Bill always tries to have a mix of young and old - its too complicated here to trust everything to young players that haven't grown up yet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I agree, Crumpler was a good player for the one year. The Pats missed having that 2nd blocking TE last year (or a FB), which is part of why the running game was so inconsistent. Hernandez just is not that type of player. I think this is why they brought in both Fells and Visancoe, along with the FBs. This should theortically help the running game and time of possession. Not sure about the mentoring aspect.

Sections
Shortcuts