Meriweather about to hit the Big Time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Meriweather about to hit the Big Time?

I'm not over my Ed Reed envy yet, but who else loves how Meriweather is flying to the ball, this season? I think he is due for a serious breakout game soon. Anyone else?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: Meriweather about to hit the Big Time?

I like the way he has progressed over the last two years actually. I think he has stepped up and looked the part of a "centerfielder" on the tail end of the backfield. Also, he has stepped up and provided help in the run game as well. He looks the part. I think the question with Merriweather is not when he has the breakout game but can he continue to improve each day, each game, each season? If so your Ed Reed envy will be forgotten very soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I forgot to add how good our secondary looks, especially the safeties. If McGowan gets signed long term after the season what happens. We have Merriweather who is looking like a stud, McGowan I have been saying since we picked him up is going to be a surprise. He has delivered and then some. We have Sanders who Bill said was going to be the leader of the secondary for years to come at the start of the season and Pat Chung who everybody was saying will be a force in the years to come. Is it possible to keep all these players? Is it smart economically to keep all these players? Would moving Sanders, who I think looks like the weak link of the group get any return value in the form of a trade? Maybe to a team like KC, Denver...Just thinking aloud hear people. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

I have been getting excited about Meriweather since last season during training camp.  I remember reading an article where Rodney was saying that he was really surprised at how much progress he had made on the off season and that he had to remind Brandon that he was still the leader of the Pats secondary.  It sounded like Meriweather was ready to start taking over then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

I really think that marriweather could be the next great saftey coming from the U.  He is the leader and best player of the deffense right now

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

I'm on board. Use to watch him in the Orange Bowl playing for the U and he was very good. At first I did not understand why he did not make more of an impact when drafted but after a few years under BB he now is now playing like I remember.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Believe the hype!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The stats were there last season, which makes me think they are targeting wherever he isn't.

On the plus, he has been on highlight reels with his strip on special teams and several crushing hits.

Sometimes that is enough to spread the word. Bob Sanders puts up some pedestrian stats, but the hits carry him to the probowl when he is healthy.

Sections
Shortcuts