Meriweather almost kills Chung with a tackle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Meriweather almost kills Chung with a tackle

Did anybody else notice Meriweather wacking Chung big time.  M misses the Buffalo Bill and kills Chung while Chung tackled the Bill.
    He is getting a bit out of control. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Meriweather almost kills Chung with a tackle

Benkarkis goes for the Debbie Downer approach. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You're mad at him because he tried to make a play and he accidentally knocked Chung?

Jesus Christ...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

I must have missed that today, but, just like last week, when he ran into Mccourty, who was covering the receiver,   that allowed the receiver to get away, and run for the TD-- today, almost the samething . he and McCourty crashing togther, but  then knocking the receiver out of bounds

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I saw that, but couldn't tell who the player was that he nailed. It was while the receiver was about an inch off the ground and the play was over. He comes thuggin in (Miami style) and takes out one of the two guys on our team that was there making the play....classic Merriweather!! The guy stayed down for a second and Merriweather did his little dance:(   What a complete beyond ridiculous tools.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The D is playing great, their flying around and it looks fun. Have at it boys I'm with ya. Theres a lot of complaints about Merriweather, what about Chungs pass coverage? They all have flaws.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from foxboro1. Show foxboro1's posts

He is not the sharpest toll in the shed  He takes horrible angles

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Chung must be the best safety in coverage because he is the one in man0to-man coverage on receivers/ tes most

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Chung-Fu was no worse for wear.  Didn't seem to affect him much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am surprised he did not say...my teammates

Meriweather: We want to punish receivers

December, 27, 2010
    Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather, appearing on WEEI on Monday morning, talked about the big hits New England's secondary put on the Bills on Sunday and said it's all part of the game plan.

"We like to say we're the most physical secondary in the NFL," said Meriweather.

"We want to punish you ... we want to make you feel it," he said, adding that the punishing hits on receivers going over the middle eventually takes away that pass, and sets up the defense for interceptions on the outside.

"We try to do that every game," he said.

When asked whether he thinks he and other starters should play in next week's somewhat meaningless game against Miami, he laughed said simply: "Everyone wants to play against the Dolphins." Then added: "But it's not our decision."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Merriweather forced no fumbles (saw him him get caught flat footed in the open field) or had no picks. The turnovers killed the Bills. Other than those plays they averaged an eye popping 6 yards a carry and threw for about 250 yrads. Merriweather shut no one down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Meriweather almost kills Chung with a tackle:
    A safeties job is to be solid and consistent. I'm not sure he will ever be that guy. He thinks he can be an Ed Reed and Polomalu when he lacks the ablility and instincts to ever be as good as those 2 are and once were when it comes to making big plays. Now he thinks he's a big hitter and doesn't just do his job which he has the ablility to do. He's gotten better since the first few weeks but still takes bad angles and makes bad reads.
    Posted by tompenny

And still constantly lowers his head....a no-no in the NFL  (unless you want a personal foul, fine, and possible suspension)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

They call him Assassin!

The whole Defense was on a mission yesterday. If that's the kind of intensity we can look forward to in the playoffs I'm all for it.
    I know Meriweather is a knucklehead but he is our knucklehead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

In Response to Re: Meriweather almost kills Chung with a tackle:
    I am surprised he did not say...my teammates Meriweather: We want to punish receivers December, 27, 2010 By ESPNBoston.com Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather , appearing on WEEI on Monday morning, talked about the big hits New England's secondary put on the Bills on Sunday and said it's all part of the game plan. "We like to say we're the most physical secondary in the NFL," said Meriweather. "We want to punish you ... we want to make you feel it," he said, adding that the punishing hits on receivers going over the middle eventually takes away that pass, and sets up the defense for interceptions on the outside. "We try to do that every game," he said. When asked whether he thinks he and other starters should play in next week's somewhat meaningless game against Miami, he laughed said simply: "Everyone wants to play against the Dolphins." Then added: "But it's not our decision."
    Posted by Rocky

Very FUNNY!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I saw it, winced when it happened and was just happy that Chung was able to get off the ground after the collision. It did seem as though Meriweather lowered his head and then went ahead and drilled Chung. How come Sanders played so little and Page didn't exactly shine in his place?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Now Brandon makes the PRO BOWL, that's a bit strange.

Sign MANKINS Now!

Sections
Shortcuts