Meriweather getting benched.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Meriweather getting benched.

This is no big surprise to those of us that understand he sucks.

When will these stooges learn that if BB is letting a guy walk he either just doesn't have it or he's not worth it?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/13/bears-expected-to-bench-harris-meriweather/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Meriweather getting benched.

To quote the great Tcal ...

BUST

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

LMAO.. if you see something on the sidewalk at Gellete, It's TRASH !!!!!!!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Meriweather getting benched.:
    [QUOTE]Chris Harris, too? Wow.   He got torched by Johnson Monday night. Looks like Meriweather is still lacking the cerebral aspect of the position.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

If he couldn't learn discipline after several years under BB and the Pat's coaching staff how suprising is it that he won't learn under a different coach. We'll probably see him get into some kind of legal trouble in the next ten years. I can hear it on ESPN already....'Former Patriots safety arrested for------'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol makes me kinda want to pull up the old Meri threads to see who was going to the mat for him and absolutely killing me doing so. But being right is good enough. No need to be petty and spiteful

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

From the article...

"The Bears have used five different starting safety combinations in six games.  It’s been a revolving door position in Chicago for years.

At some point, you wonder if it’s really the players who are at fault here."

Hmmm!!  That kind of sounds like another team I know who does that at the safety position.  Maybe they are on to something here!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

sorry Killa but you did get after us so it's nice to be right every so often.

I'm sure if he somehow snuck into another pro-bowl someone would post "we should have never let him go he's a pro-bowler"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]lol makes me kinda want to pull up the old Meri threads to see who was going to the mat for him and absolutely killing me doing so. But being right is good enough. No need to be petty and spiteful
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

PatsEng, I thought there was hope for BM.  He showed too many flashes of good play -- run support, decent coverage.  And then of course he'd whiff on a tackle or spear someone.  I'll offer a mea culpa since I defended him over the past few years.  But it was  becoming really clear even to his defenders that he wasn't ever going to "get it", and that he's an undisciplined player whose ego is probably too big and whose football IQ is too small to play within any system

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Yes - but how in the world did this guy make the Pro Bowl?  I mean, the best in the AFC, really??  If so, collectively, that is one sorry group.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Meriweather getting benched.:
    [QUOTE]This is no big surprise to those of us that understand he sucks. When will these stooges learn that if BB is letting a guy walk he either just doesn't have it or he's not worth it? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/13/bears-expected-to-bench-harris-meriweather/
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Can't remember the name of the receiver who left him in the dust during this past weekend's game, but Mary didn't seem to really try to catch the dude. Mebbe it was the camera angle, but Mary seemed to quit around the 20 yard line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather getting benched. : PatsEng, I thought there was hope for BM.  He showed too many flashes of good play -- run support, decent coverage.  And then of course he'd whiff on a tackle or spear someone.  I'll offer a mea culpa since I defended him over the past few years.  But it was  becoming really clear even to his defenders that he wasn't ever going to "get it", and that he's an undisciplined player whose ego is probably too big and whose football IQ is too small to play within any system
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

That's fine we all saw the flashes and all hoped he get it, I just gave up on him faster then others. Frankly I don't really care just wanted a quick minute to say I told you so  Tongue Out

Now that my moment is over I'm done with it. I don't believe on harping over and over on others mistakes because I have made plenty myself. But, when you had people ragging on for months upon months I do like to have my one moment lol. I hope you can forgive me for enjoying it for a minute

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]If I thought for one second that the hate for him was coming purely from a football stand point I never would have defended him but people were making un true statements about the man simply because they do not like him which has nothing to do with his play, he could have had a 100 tackle season with 6 INTs and he would still get hated on in this market by some people. Not all but some. And so that was why I was always defending him. When people came with the truth I did not have a problem.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I hope you could tell for me it was a purely football stand point. I just didn't like his game at all. I thought he took way to many risks that didn't pay off and was a risk to his fellow players on the field. Even if he had 100 tackles and 6 int's I wouldn't like him if those tackles came because he was out of position allowing the receiver to make a play or knocked another cb out of the way to make the tackle or if he got those ints because he was out of position or because the QB over threw his target (half his ints last year).

To me he was a coverage safety and frankly I'd rather have 25 pass defs then a 100 tackles from the guys in the secondary who are suppose to prevent receptions not tackle the receiver once he makes the reception

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There were some people on here (and even some this week) that thought this guy was one of the best safeties in football..based off some useless wesite's stats. LMAO!!

The truth is this guy brings next to nothing to the table. Is he a big hitter? In my book a big hitter has some sand is his pants and the guy he hits fumbles once in a while or is afraid to catch that ball over the middle again. He never ever was this. He would launch himself at people, but he rarely brought guys down unless someone else got there first and he came jumping in on a clean up. Pathetic. He truly (along with Maroney) were wastes of first round picks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

"Meri" was a complete failure as a player AND as a human being...there, I said it...he was a no good punkazz thug...I'm glad he's failed, and he'll most likely continue to fail both on and off the field....we'll definitely be hearing about this maggot being arrested again, well before the start of next season, probably when he makes it home to MOMS in FLA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]lol makes me kinda want to pull up the old Meri threads to see who was going to the mat for him and absolutely killing me doing so. But being right is good enough. No need to be petty and spiteful
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I don't think we argued about him, but I liked him.  Up until about last year, I think he was decent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

BM=bowel movement

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Forum Post: Re: Jets vs Patriots Game Thread at 10/9/2011 4:43 PM EDT
    In Response to Re: Jets vs Patriots Game Thread : I know you prefer Barrett and Brown to Merriweather. I wouldn't call you much of a talent scout.

Macrawn's page
    User Image

LMAO....................

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I wanted to draft David Harris over BM. i think Ted Johnson retired that next preseason, and Teddy was past prime by that point anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Forum Post: Re: Jets vs Patriots Game Thread at 10/9/2011 4:43 PM EDT In Response to Re: Jets vs Patriots Game Thread : I know you prefer Barrett and Brown to Merriweather. I wouldn't call you much of a talent scout. Macrawn's page Recommend LMAO....................    
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but actually....Merriweather still is better than Barrett and Brown.  If those two were cut they would be out of football....likely.  Merriweather had his issues for sure, but I still believe he shouldn't have been released without KNOWING what you have on your roster to replace him is an upgrade.  Maybe Dig is an upgrade, but we sure didn't know that when we cut him.

I figured it had more to do with something off the field.  For all we know he though he didn't need to learn anything more and had an atitude that BB wouldn't tolerate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I liked David Harris too. He was always around the ball in college. those years we had a run on TE's and safetys in the draft it seems.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather getting benched. : I hear you, but actually....Merriweather still is better than Barrett and Brown.  If those two were cut they would be out of football....likely.  Merriweather had his issues for sure, but I still believe he shouldn't have been released without KNOWING what you have on your roster to replace him is an upgrade.  Maybe Dig is an upgrade, but we sure didn't know that when we cut him. I figured it had more to do with something off the field.  For all we know he though he didn't need to learn anything more and had an atitude that BB wouldn't tolerate.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

No, anyone who does what the coach tells them to do is an upgrade over Fairyfeather.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]I wanted to draft David Harris over BM. i think Ted Johnson retired that next preseason, and Teddy was past prime by that point anyway.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Yeah well I wanted to draft all the best players in the league instead of all the inferior players that got drafted ahead of them but you don't see me rubbing it in everyone's face.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]Only one that stands out was Killa.   His angles and high tackling were poor, and he just really never improved with it, but his speed to the ball and physical play were not.  Pretty good at fielding INTs, too.   Good closing speed.   Killa loved him, though. I sort of felt bad for the guy because he followed in Rodney's shoes and there was no way he'd ever live up to that level. Also, his Pro Bowls in the AFC sort of reflect on the drop off from Ed Reed on down.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

When I said this guy was terrible , you acted like a 8 y/o calling me names. When I pointed out that his decision making was terrible , couldn't cover , couldn't tackle and took poor angles ... you said he was the "2nd best FS in the NFL". LOL You still denied it when I showed you your own quotes.