BUST

BUST

BUST

BUST

BUST

BUST

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: Meriweather gone!?!

Good riddance. A dream come true. Although I am a little surprised BB cut him with us being so thin at safety. He must have something up his sleeve.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?!:
    [QUOTE]You don't start for 3 years with some GMs loving his skill set, make two Pro Bowls and be a "bust". It's fascinating how people throw that word around. He'll be swooped up immediately. I bet he ends up in Baltimore with Ed Reed, his buddy.  Someone just got a bargain.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
      You maybe on to something here. Maybe Ed Reed can teach him to play the right way.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Curious, he was not a bust but must have been too undisciplined for Belichick.

I'm mildly surprised no one wanted to trade for him. Without any 5th, 6th or 7th round picks for the Pats next year, wouldn't a 7th have done it?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

For all the "debate" over weather Merriweather or Tate were good players, I think Belichick chimed in on the subject loud and clear today. The Merriweather Debate/Saga ended today. Thank you Bill for finally throwing out the trash today!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]You don't start for 3 years with some GMs loving his skill set, make two Pro Bowls and be a "bust". Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

besidies being a Pro Browler, what value was he bringing to the team? BB is a master analyst of players, if he cut him, you think anybody elese will pick him up? doubt it/. Mary is headed to the UFL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Your even more stupid if you think the Pro Bowl actually means anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUST

BUST

BUST

BUST

BUST

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?! : Butler should have been first!
    Posted by FLY2K[/QUOTE]
     It's not 6 o clock yet

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]You don't make back to back Pro Bowls as "trash", but this does prove that if you aren't on the same page as a team guy, no one is above reproach here. Personally, I love how BB rattles the cage like this. I just wonder what he has up his sleeve.   Molden or Dowling to be worked in or is there a quality veteran about to come in?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I'm with Tcal. he's a bust. last years selection the pro Bowl had to be a mercy selection. What did he do last season?

I'll never forget the season before where he got beat bad agianst the Saints, and was looking around, like what the.....

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Not surprised to see him go. Couldn't or maybe just wouldn't fit in the system.  Thought they could get at least a late round pick for him, though. Shows you how much I know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Where are all the folks touting Meriweather's pro-bowl selections?

He has been a dissapointment for a 1st round pick. One of our GM's less shining moments. I'm surprised he will not be retained for the last year of the rookie contract. Hoodie must consider him a liability. I have never questioned his decisions to ditch players. He knows when to cut bait.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No matter what you think of Meriweather, he was better than what we had on the roster. Does this mean we're bringing in someone? I know Barret has potential, but he's not ready for the big leagues just yet. 

I hope we're bring in Sharper! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I tend to think he was cut for reasons other than his actual play.  Bad attitude?  Thought his sheeet didn't stink?  I never thought he was a legit pro bowler, but no way he's so bad he should be cut.  There are other reasons; which we'll likely never learn.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Finally....he will never be more than an just above-average safety

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Finally....he will never be more than an just above-average safety
    Posted by haldager[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the other safeties on the roster? They're BELOW average. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?! : Have you seen the other safeties on the roster? They're BELOW average. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Chung is better

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

With the release of Meriweather, none of the nine members of the 2007 draft class are still with the Patriots.  _-- OUCH

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?! : Chung is better
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Chung plays SS, Meri played FS. Chung can't play both spots, who's was better than Meri...at FS? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This guy has been being treated like a pariah the whole pre-season. I believe he has been told to adhere to the system and he has continued to free lance. They see him as a detriment to the plan so he must go. He has had more than enough time to acclimate.