Meriweather gone!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: Meriweather gone!?!

He's a much much much better player than Butler and didn't deserved to be cut on these ground. He tackles like a bulldozer at times, he gets interceptions and returns them he has his moments. Where are Butler's moment's it's obvious BB is getting carried away with the people he can control and the people he thinks he can't. If Butler can't defend any wide reciever, and to be honest I havn't seen him defend many if any sucessfully. Critics define to me in words what puts Meriweather below Butler in order to make this cut make sense to me?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?! : What a fukin fool you are lol. I live 5 min's and been to more games at the old garden than you can can't. I been to games been our QB was Grogan , Flutie and Bledsoe. I'd love to show you what i look like in person. Trust me you wouldn't be speaking to me like you are now , bet that. Im 6'4/220 with 7% body fat. I can pull over 370 and push over 315. Come see me bit ch , again only 5 min's away from the Garden. We all know your too much of a pu ss y to actually come to Boston.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

With stats like that, why were you not at the combine. The pats would have loved to draft a kid from just down the road!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]He's a much much much better player than Butler and didn't deserved to be cut on these ground. He tackles like a bulldozer at times, he gets interceptions and returns them he has his moments. Where are Butler's moment's it's obvious BB is getting carried away with the people he can control and the people he thinks he can't. If Butler can't defend any wide reciever, and to be honest I havn't seen him defend many if any sucessfully. Critics define to me in words what puts Meriweather below Butler in order to make this cut make sense to me?
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

He's notorious for not wrapping up. Along with taking bad angles , terrible in coverage and always trying to get the big hit. It makes no sense to bring up Butler. BB doesn't give up easy on his draft picks. Guys like L.M. and Watson were around way to long when it was clear neither could play the position each were drafted. Maroney was a RB that had happy feet and Watson ran a seem route the entire time he was here. Both had some value at one point , but BB stuck with them to the end. If Meri. was that good why didn't we get trade him last year when it was clear there was going to be a lockout? Finally you do realize your defending a guy that was just cut don't you? If Butler is as bad as you say he is ( and he has been terrible ) , what does that say of Meri?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I sense Darren Sharper coming through those Gillete doors.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?! : Your the biggest loser on this board by far! You just make things up , plain and simple. Your a joke. You live on this site day and night. Every day , from a.m to p.m. , you have no life. Your complete garbage and can't back up your argument ... at all. You offer absolutely no real argument in this debate. All you say is he was a pro bowler. That means chit nowadays. That's your whole fukin argument , he went to the pro bowl. You can't dispute the fact that he can't tackle , diagnosis plays , terrible decision making , bad angles and can't cover. You weak and come with garbage. You love to make things up , like im a dork , never played sports , never been to any Pats games and just became a fan in 07. All lies , because that's what your a lier. Your a sad old man that comes on boston.com because you have no life , no friends. Just a loser.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

Don't be too hard on wonderboy. He suffers from an addiction.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d821f2740/New-era-in-New-England?module=HP11_content_stream

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think it's pretty simple on Meriweather guys.
    he was inconsistent, didn't listen/freelanced, had poor technique, and I really don't think he took playing seriously. When you see a guy laughing (I'll never forget this) as the other team scores on you, then something's wrong upstairs.

With our apparent move to more 4+ man lines, the requirements of the safety position are different as well. They'll be asked to do different things. You combine the above with this fact and I think Barrett, Brown and Idhedigbo are less a liability than Meri at the position. To me, it's about skill and risk, and Meri was a bit short on skill and high on risk.

It could be we have some options at safety already on the roster who are listed as playing CB. I think the secondary has a few players that can do both and do both fairly well. If we play more nickel/dime, to me it doesn't matter what your listed at on the roster. I think we'll see all types of combos back there with Ras, Chung, Brown, etc.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

He's gone. I'm more interested in who is coming in rather than who left.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?! : +1 his destiny is to play in a Cover-2 defense or play SS where he can roam and hit instead of trying to be a part of complex schemes where his lack of discipline shows.  I think the Bears would be perfect for him.  I'd also be interested to see what he could do in Rob Ryan's defense down in Dallas. I bet Philadelphia makes a play for him
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to go ahead and give myself a pat on the back for this one

He signed with the Bears :-D

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

And Merriweather wasn't a fit for THIS system, but in a system like the Bears where he only has to do one thing and can roam and intimidate...

I think he'll have a big year with the Bears, but don't think for one second that he would do those things in the complexities of the disciplined Patriots system here.  He fits the Cover 2 safety perfectly

Think a less injury prone Bob Sanders, a missile that can fly to the ball

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's pretty simple on Meriweather guys. he was inconsistent, didn't listen/freelanced, had poor technique, and I really don't think he took playing seriously. When you see a guy laughing (I'll never forget this) as the other team scores on you, then something's wrong upstairs. With our apparent move to more 4+ man lines, the requirements of the safety position are different as well. They'll be asked to do different things. You combine the above with this fact and I think Barrett, Brown and Idhedigbo are less a liability than Meri at the position. To me, it's about skill and risk, and Meri was a bit short on skill and high on risk. It could be we have some options at safety already on the roster who are listed as playing CB. I think the secondary has a few players that can do both and do both fairly well. If we play more nickel/dime, to me it doesn't matter what your listed at on the roster. I think we'll see all types of combos back there with Ras, Chung, Brown, etc.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]
       Agreed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Na na na na

Na na na na

Hey hey hey

GOODBYE!

Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]"New England tried to trade Meriweather, according to one league source, but there wasn’t much of a market for him, though that may be because it seemed apparent the Patriots would cut him, so teams weren’t willing to give up anything for someone they could potentially get off the open market." I said this yesterday.    The market was thin and with word leaking out BB didn't like the Safety spot (I am sure he is pissed of the sensationalist media did that/word was he was ticked off the media leaked out the FIghter movie night as well), it weakened his leverage to trade Meriweather. Funny how Babe and StarRightDork are irrational "fans" now, but I was on here 2 months ago suggesting a trade for Meriweather, pay Page and have Brown and Sanders be the back up swing players at Safety. Or Barrett, just depending upon how it shook out. I am sure many will recall that thread I started about this position. Now we see irrationals come swinging in pretending they have something to say, when they don't do anything but whine and complain like little drama queens, AFTER the fact. Grampa Babe and Teenager Tool make a great team.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Pull your head out of your dupa wonderboy. I have consistently said Meriweather was a stiff, expecially for a 1st rounder. Don't cast your drama queen stones from your glass house. You complain more than anybody here; about other people having an opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?! : Pull your head out of your dupa wonderboy. I have consistently said Meriweather was a stiff, expecially for a 1st rounder. Don't cast your drama queen stones from your glass house. You complain more than anybody here; about other people having an opinion.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

He loves to make things up. He actually thinks people give a sh it about what he thinks. He gets excited arguing with jets trolls for gods sake. He can't handle losing an argument so he'll call you a "irrational" or a "troll". When i point how terrible Meri. was at tackling , coverage , decision making , taking angles etc. He'll point out that he has been to back to back pro bowls. LMF AO @ Queenie! What kind of moron actually says that? He just called Meri. the 2nd best FS in football last year. So good , we cut him yesterday. Queenie might be the biggest fool on here. Always sticking his chest out , labeling people , trying to sound smart lol by calling Meri. the 2nd best FS in football. He'll say something like that , then post that dumb picture of Clinton and act like he nailed it. LMF AO Just like he nailed it , calling the Ocho trade. Him and the rest of the free world.  90% of the drama that goes on around here has to do with him , one way or the other.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

A very weak link, to be sure. Hobbs-esque 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He loves to make things up. "

So you'd rather hang out with someone who wants to bash Belichick all day long and thinks he's wildly overrated? Greeatttt have fun with that. 

As for the Meriweather move, my only surprise is why BB didn't hold onto Sanders for a bit in that case until he had his safety ducks in a row. I'll be watching the next few weeks of moves intently to see where the secondary winds up. Cutting guys who aren't hacking it is fine by me but I'd like to see evidence of a plan to replace them as they are booted. Guess we'll find out soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssmilloy36. Show ssmilloy36's posts

my bad then.  didn't know sanders was picked up.  didn't think he was talented enough to move on that quick

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think Sanders is dinged. He got let go too easy.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ding d*ng the Fairy's gone!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Appears Merriweather wins this standoff with BB. By not drinking BB's kool-ade, Merriweather gets cut, gets to have some say where he plays next. He ends up with the Bears, a better fit for him, and makes twice as much money. Methinks his agent  had this all planned out.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather gone!?! : "Meri"? As a 16 year old dork who is insecure, you claim I stick my chest out? bawahah 90% of ANY drama around here is started by insecure people like you or trolls like Babe or trolls from other teams. Only you, as a complete rube, would align yourself with Babe Parilli, a troll. I didn't call Meriweathers the 2nd best Safety in the AFC, I said he was SELECTED as such TWO YEARS in a row for the Pro Bowl.  Take it up with the process. And get to a local community college while you're at it.  This board would be far better without people like you. Look how worked up you get like a little geek fan without a Lombardi to tote around your high school to tell all yur buddies how big a Pats fan you are.  You and Babe are the same person except Babe ia a 65 year old man in diapers. Goober.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Why do you lie? First off , yes you did call Meri. the 2nd best FS in the NFL. Ill highlight it again for you grandpa. Second i don't align myself with anyone. You just like to lie and make things up.

Sections
Shortcuts