Meriweather: Nobody Respects Our D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: Meriweather: Nobody Respects Our D

Meriweather should remind them that the Pats were the only team to win all their home games in the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Respect the D? I still want to hear a revised comment from Donald "Decent team" Driver.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Good, I hope no-one respects our D.  That can only be an advantage to NE. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

This makes Bilechick's job much easier when it comes to humbling the defense. Good to hear from Meriweather.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He's channeling Rodney's call to the team as a disrespected bunch. Whatever works.

They'll be media bozos who will absolutely continue to point to this, even though they have been the best D in the NFL in December.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Meriweather: Nobody Respects Our D:
    [QUOTE]Just one more reason for people to lay off of Meriwhether. The guy is a solid safety and a good teammate who people clearly respect (see his 2nd pro bowl nod) so the people who hate on this guy baffle me. Let them not respect us, the Pats will just keep playing with that chip on their shoulder like they did in the early part of this decade and how did that always work out? Thats right with a super bowl win and the same will happen this year.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I think he being more vocal in the press can help mend this impression with the fans. It is obvious on the field (and in the comments from his teammates) that he is an emotional leader and signal caller on the field, but if he were more "Patriotic" in front of the mics, it might put a face or name to the guy.

I still don't get the negativity. I mean he gave up one big play all season, and Troy "Saint" Polamalu gave up three in one game to NE alone, and he has played more snaps than any Patriot over the last three seasons, was awarded two game balls by the players and coaches. But aside from that .... he could help himself by getting in front of the camera and being more Rodney like.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Meri is solid. I know he has a lot of bashers on this forum and he has made some bone headed plays....he isn't a Rodney Harrison, but I would still put him in that second tier category. He's above average and does a solid job for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Who cares what that bust says!?!? "HE'S TERRIBLE"

LMFAO, where did the Merriweather haters come from anyway?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

At this point in time yes the partiots are a more offensive regarded team, but as the defense finally matures and matches some of the glory day defenses of the past they won't get the respect they deserve becauue the media outside of Boston are haters.

A +28 turnover ratio should get some respect

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

There shouldn't be any fans that hate anyone on the team.  Butler has been a big target as well. I don't think McCourty could have defended that pass and catch Sunday. That was an unbelieveable catch and a darn good throw. I hope he can work thru his issues and get over the sophmore slump. Cut him? no. Cut Endleman?  no Price? no Tate? no

Its playoff time, we need everyone. I think the backups played pretty well and we have good depth with more coming off injury this week. You tell em Meriweather.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

so here we are. a so called meaningless game.
    here's big vince! snortin and talkin trash...........
    bottom line: 2 sacks against the sorry fish.......if this team was a samari sword....it would be capable of cutting god! (taken from kill bill #1) meaning that this NE Patriots team are primed to win the superbowl big time.
    all hail Lord Belichick: the King of Coaches of the NFL. so good. so incredibly good. nobody can even come close to this coach. period.