Meriweather on the Block?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Meriweather on the Block?

No, not that block, the trading block!

I keep hearing how he is still not doing what he is supposed to like last year and how they arent happy with him, then there is the fact that we have like 6 or 7 safties signed right now and we just released McGowan.  I know they were interested in Goldson, but he just resigned.

Soooo, we all know Brandon was benched a few times last year and we held our own, and although he has the potential to be a dynamic safety, he is just not disciplined enought to man the safety spot here and is more of a hindrance than help sometimes as he gets out of position and causes breakdowns in the secondary.

I like J. Sanders but he has yet to see the field yet and has a decent cap # for a part time safety.  So seeing as though S.Brown played a bit last year and look good, could we go with just Chung, Sanders, Brown,   with Lockett, and Barret as depth and look to trade Meriweather for a mid level to big name pass rusher, or maybe another safety in a switcharoo type trade? Am I making too much of this...?  Are they just doing this to light a fire under Brandon? 

any thoughts? and anyone wanna guess what # 31's value would be right now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Meriweather on the Block?

I don't love the idea of paying Brandon Meriweather like a top safety next year, but I also don't like the idea of trying to fit a new guy into the system right now.  The Pats should've re-signed a guy like Page if they were to consider trading a guy like Meriweather.  Stranger things have happened, but they would be leaving themselves thin at safety if they trade him, unless they expect one of the young guys to step up, which seems doubtful.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I don't see the point. He's making like 1.65 mil and it's his final year. You might even see one of his better years since it's far from unheard of for a player to play well in his contract year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

It would appear as though we're somewhat short on the Quality Safety front. With Sanders out right now with the Hamstring I'd hold on to him...Inconsistency or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Exactly, I cant understand all the trade talk if Sanders is not healthy, and seeing as we play 3 safeties alot, you need atleast 4 good ones...

I think B.B. is just putting it out there seeing if a good deal is presented, but he did bring in Goldson who is a pretty good safety and it didnt work out...so with B.B. you just never know...remember Lawyer Milloy.  If Brown looks good in preseason combined with the fact he plays the slot Cb too, he could make # 31 expendable later in camp if an offer comes up.

Cables, I dont like bringing in a new guy this late either, but with Goldson coming in for a visit, you have think they are considering it...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

theres a lot of Merriweather hate on this board. We're running out of safetys. I'm hoping that Brown will be the answer. I liked his play last year. Merriweather wond be traded this year. He'll play on the cheap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is the last we will see of stomper around here. Hoodie won't pay him even what he has been paying him, much less more. Hoodie does know what guys who play for him are worth. His record on that is very good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lddjbMruv4Q&feature=related

atleast he got his 2nd career already off and running.  Film room or studio time...decisions, decisions....lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Anyone notice a peice yesterday or the day before on here about the competition at CB?  I was all about arrington and butler compeating for the 3rd spot...  No mention of Ras-I in the cornerback column at all.  People have been saying he looks like a Saftey, could he be the missing peice if we were to trade the VIP himself?  

"I'm sayin, I just don't like your lil homeboy in the red hat..."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

great observation.  Considering that at 6-1 , 190 or so, he would be bigger than some of the safeties we have already, there maybe be something there.  Hell, we went a year with Atrell Hawkins at safety who was a career cb at 5'10

Its hard to tell cuz Ras-I is dinged up and hasnt really practiced yet, but it def. sais something about Wilhite the fact that his name wasnt mentioned in the nickel back battle..I guess he gets cut and they are waiting to see what Ras-I can do, and he could provide a body , meaning he would be labeled a DB and fill in when necessary

Our secondary will be much improved if Arrington jumps inside and Butler is the dime back.  Arrington's style of play would translate well to the slot , and with Mccourty and Bodden outside, thats pretty stout and with the added pass rush, we should be a top 5 defense either way...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Meriweather better bring this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

If I keep saying it, maybe it will happen. Lose "Have Gun will Travel" Meriweather and take a looooooong hard look at a vet like Darren Sharper.If he has anything left,his intelligence alone will only bolster the play of kids like McCourty, Chung and Dowling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If this kid can't get up in a contract year ship his a ss out...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Meriweather on the Block?:
    [QUOTE]Anyone notice a peice yesterday or the day before on here about the competition at CB?  I was all about arrington and butler compeating for the 3rd spot...  No mention of Ras-I in the cornerback column at all.  People have been saying he looks like a Saftey, could he be the missing peice if we were to trade the VIP himself?   "I'm sayin, I just don't like your lil homeboy in the red hat..."
    Posted by AcrossDaPond[/QUOTE]

hey across,
    " People have been saying he looks like a Saftey, could he be the missing peice if we were to trade the VIP himself?  "
    i've been saying that since i saw film of him last year (before the combine and draft). still there is value to him at corner.