Meriweather to Bears

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

Re: Meriweather to Bears

In Response to Re: Meriweather to Bears:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather to Bears :   I do.  What is your opinion of Leigh Bodden or the concepts of continuity and depth on defense, as compared to no Leigh Bodden in 2010, rookies everywhere, and limited depth come December on the D Line? I put a lot of stock into what areas were addressed as weaknesses on the team and aspects like continuity, quality additions and depth. As the goober John Clayton, a notorious Pats hater said in ESPN's 2011 preview, "NE is loaded". Yup. If you weren't sold on the new parts in preseason (Ridley, Price, Carter, Fletcher, a taste of Haynesworth and Ellis, etc), I am sure what to tell you.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

We haven't seen enough of Bodden this year to make a proper assessment, King.

When he said the Pats were loaded, it was during the 80 plus in camp. Bodden needs to catch up, whoever is the new safety needs to catch up, Das, needs to catch up, Ocho needs to catch up. Many snaps missed because of OTA's and no 2 a days. I scouted football for 28 years in the Northeast for Division I teams, and I tell you, although Meriweather seemed bad at times, he knew the system. This will hurt him. Secondaries are hard to predict, please tell me, King who's the commuicator in the secondary now that Meriweather is gone? we know who is up front, mayo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

I think Bodden is decent.  He would be a great second corner, as would McCourty.  We just don't have that guy that can take the great WRs out of the game. 
    Just like I don't look to deep into the Lions dominating our secondary, our lack of pass rush and secondary play, and our awful offensive line play, I don't put a lot of emphasis on our pass rush's improvements in preseason games.  You can't have it both ways. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather to Bears :   I do.  What is your opinion of Leigh Bodden or the concepts of continuity and depth on defense, as compared to no Leigh Bodden in 2010, rookies everywhere, and limited depth come December on the D Line? I put a lot of stock into what areas were addressed as weaknesses on the team and aspects like continuity, quality additions and depth. As the goober John Clayton, a notorious Pats hater said in ESPN's 2011 preview, "NE is loaded". Yup. If you weren't sold on the new parts in preseason (Ridley, Price, Carter, Fletcher, a taste of Haynesworth and Ellis, etc), I am sure what to tell you.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

By the way I scouted Hernandez and recommended him to Florida.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather to Bears : Actually the Pro Bowl IS a popularity contest.  How else do you explain Brett Favre making the 2008 AFC Pro Bowl his one year with the Jets throwing 22 TDs and 22 INTs while Chad Pennington completed 67% of his passes, threw 19 TDs to 7 INTs and he didn't make the Pro Bowl.  Hell, even Matt Cassel had 21 TDs and 11 INTs and completed 63% of his passes and didn't make it when he filled in for Brady that year.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

I thought Meriweather deserved it. I thought McCourty deserved it. I guess not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Meriweather to Bears :      Great news! I didn't want to see him land in the AFC East.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Ditto. 

The positive is that Chicago is my fantasy defense. He'll make more picks there than he did here. 

Sections
Shortcuts