Meriweather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Monaco117. Show Monaco117's posts

Meriweather

Anybody know if Meriweather is playing today? or is he injured?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Meriweather

He may of pulled something, during the week, while working on his whiffing technique in practice.  I'm not sure though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

He should be fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

fairyweather

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Meriweather:
    [QUOTE]He may of pulled something, during the week, while working on his whiffing technique in practice.  I'm not sure though.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

LOL, lets hope he starts playing better in this game, he's bringing the legacy of the 'Canes down

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

LOSER!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Yep, he's in there. Another bone headed play. It will be a great day when they get someone to replace this idiot. he is out of position too much or he does something stupid, like this hit on heap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

big time classless cheap shot artist...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I say enough.  Undisciplined, bad attitude, poor tackler, cheap shot, and then he gives that shrug to BB.  Cut him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I say enough.  Undisciplined, bad attitude, poor tackler, cheap shot, and then he gives that shrug to BB.  Cut him.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

or trade him to get some value back

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

Saying cut Meriweather is the dumbest thing anyone can say.  He's not the best but he's an above average safety.  I'm sure there would be a number of teams that would love BB to be stupid and cut him.  Luckily you're not the coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]He should be fine.
    Posted by Celtics12345[/QUOTE]
    Are you his doctor?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meriweather : or trade him to get some value back
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    What value does he have with all these bad qualities?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Petraglia Trags Brandon Meriweather spoke but on the condition he wouldn't address 'that play' which was the pers. foul hit on Todd Heap #Patriots

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Meriweather's hit was totally uncalled for.  He has to cut this "I always need to make a big hit" mentality out.  It makes him whifff, and causes penalties like these.  You could see BB was not at all happy with the hit.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Pile on Merriweather all you want. I happen to like the combo of Chung and Brandon as the safeties. We have two play makers as safeties for the 1st time since Rodney and Lawyer. Unfortunately they never played together...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He also saved the defense seven points by laying a hit down, and made a crucial stop late in the game ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]I admit the play by BM was dirty and classless but every good D has a safety that makes these kind of hits.. Its called an enforcer and whether you like it or not Both BM and Pat Chung are building up their reps as Def Enforcers.. And what that does is intimidate WR/TEs from going up for balls or going over the middle.. Long term I love it, but i hate seeing these hits happen.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]

A few years ago that hit would have been celebrated, now it's dirty.  It's part of the game.  Always has been, ask Frank Gifford. 

You're a tight end jumping up in the middle of the field, you should expect to get drilled. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

He can play good football at times but He dose not seem to be the complete package. Perhaps he can get his head screwed on correctly and become a professional footballplayer. He has to want it. The coaches can only do so much. Last year he was a very good deep safety covering lots  of the field but at other times he would free lance and hurt the team. I heard he'd fall asleep in meeting.
     He just needs to play smarter and do what Belichick teaches. I feel Chung has passed him up and plays more like a pro foootball player. Right now Merriweather dosen't get it but theres still time for the light bulb to turn on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

There was nothing good about that hit. It gave them 15 and a first down when there was no chance of a completion. He could have hit him hard, without coming in helmet first like an idiot. He even lowered his head on impact!

Stupid, classless, and it hurt the team. I'd prefer a solid player who doesn't make great plays, and never gets burned over Merriweather who will get burned, take penalties, takes awful tackling angles...and on occasion, make a decent play. If this were hockey, he'd be well into the minus.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

True, but one of these days he's going to hurt himself a lot more than the TE.  And then we're stuck with one fewer Dbacks.

Case in point, the Philly game today.  Anyone see that hit?  Both players concussed.  Merriweather isn't big or strong enough to punish anyone in this league without leading with his head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

That hit was the only way this guy knows how to lay the wood, he's to small and weak to cause any damage unless the receiver is defenseless and it's an illegal shot. The guy is a turd and a cancer that is also way out of position in coverage...embarrassing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Obviously, many posters on this thread wasn't see action from around the leaguetoday on multiple screens. Need I tell you that there were NUMEROUS "blows to the head" I saw with thie Meriweather play being the ONLY one called for a penalty? See the hit by the Squeelers' Harrison? I guess that old forearm to the back of the head is still OK, a la Fred "The Hammer" Williamson, or Jack Tatum, as long as the ref doesn't see it, eh? Or the deal Revis had vs the Brokebacks; again, no penalty, with the unbiased announcers strongly suggesting he'd be hearing from the NFL offices this week. Why? No penalty was called.....

Meriweather launched himself to break up the play. If Heap doesn't turn his head, there is no "blow to the head" call. My personal fave today was in the Philthydelphia-Falcons game. There was a meeting of the heads (a Falsons DB and Jackson), similar to Meriweather's deal, both players had to be scraped off the field, and NO penalty was called. I've never seen this many "blows to the heads" in one week, resuilting in "injuries", and only 1 being called. COnsistency in calling this is an issue.

If you want a bad deal on a lousy call, check out the Chiefs DB (Flowers) getting called for PI after the Texans' Johnson PUSHED OFF ON HIM. In his post game conference, it took all that Haley had (self contol) to NOT errupt. I think it would have been money well worth spending if he had. That call definitely cost them the game.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

On that hit yes it was dirty, but it is a man's game and he is a 210lb players taking on a guy whose 250lbs. Finally you are a complete hypocrate if you say former fan favorite Rodney Harrison wouldnt have done the same thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Merriweather is a hard hitter, and can catch the ball.....

That being said, he often whiffs on tackles and often "guesses" the wrong play.  Often he is out of position.  If only Sanders had Merriweathers athletic ability.

I am starting to worry about Brandon.  His mental game should be better than this, at this stage of his career.  If he keeps making bad decisions, he will drop down in the roster depth....