Meriweather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Meriweather

In Response to Re: Meriweather:
    True, but one of these days he's going to hurt himself a lot more than the TE.  And then we're stuck with one fewer Dbacks. Case in point, the Philly game today.  Anyone see that hit?  Both players concussed.  Merriweather isn't big or strong enough to punish anyone in this league without leading with his head.
    Posted by soups

It's inevitable that heads will bump and there will be concussions.  I thought Robinson lead with his shoulder and I didn't see anything wrong with the hit frankly.  It's good old fashioned football.  The ball was catchable, he stuck his shoulder in Jackson's chest and the momentum made their heads knock.  When Welker got blasted by Clark a couple years ago, I don't remember him complaining.  Why, because it's part of the game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He lit up Heap and that seemed to stall the Ravens for a while, then he rocked Boldin and got called for a bogus illegal contact, then he lit Mason up when Mason was catching everything against McCourty. 

Say what you want, but he's a thug. Lynch was a thug, Harrison was a thug, Polamalu is a thug, Chung is a thug in the making. Most good NFL safeties are thugs. 

If you want a tough defense you need to have someone that makes the WRs and TEs know that if they come across the field they'll get a shot they won't soon forget. No surprise, the best defensive game the Pats played all year was when Sanders was out and Meriweather took a ton of reps. 

He makes a mistake, "CUT HIM, TRADE HIM, BENCH HIM!" 

Tom threw a bonehead INT, but no one dwelled on that. The guy has talent, he's the best DB (Yes, he's better than Chung and McCourty) on the roster. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

He lit up Heap and that seemed to stall the Ravens for a while, then he rocked Boldin and got called for a bogus illegal contact, then he lit Mason up when Mason was catching everything against McCourty.  Say what you want, but he's a thug. Lynch was a thug, Harrison was a thug, Polamalu is a thug, Chung is a thug in the making. Most good NFL safeties are thugs.  If you want a tough defense you need to have someone that makes the WRs and TEs know that if they come across the field they'll get a shot they won't soon forget. No surprise, the best defensive game the Pats played all year was when Sanders was out and Meriweather took a ton of reps.  He makes a mistake, "CUT HIM, TRADE HIM, BENCH HIM!"  Tom threw a bonehead INT, but no one dwelled on that. The guy has talent, he's the best DB (Yes, he's better than Chung and McCourty) on the roster. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Yes. exactly what i think.

Meriweather makes one bad play and suddenly he should be benched? as if Welker never drops a ball or the o line never missed a block (hhaha funny right), or Brady never throws a bad int. 

Look it was a dumb play and i dont condone it, but.......for the first time in a long time, a team a very scarred to go over the middle late in a game against us.  This is a rough game and sometimes u have to play dirty.  I dont see why he didnt just nail him with his shoulder though.

Meriweather and Chung are awesome to watch together.  Chung made a TD saving jarring hit to force the ball out of a TD catch.

If anyone wants to know how valuable Meriweather is, go watch the game vs the jets wen he was on the bench and poor Butler got tramatized with no safety help from Sanders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

He lit up Heap and that seemed to stall the Ravens for a while, then he rocked Boldin and got called for a bogus illegal contact, then he lit Mason up when Mason was catching everything against McCourty.  Say what you want, but he's a thug. Lynch was a thug, Harrison was a thug, Polamalu is a thug, Chung is a thug in the making. Most good NFL safeties are thugs.  If you want a tough defense you need to have someone that makes the WRs and TEs know that if they come across the field they'll get a shot they won't soon forget. No surprise, the best defensive game the Pats played all year was when Sanders was out and Meriweather took a ton of reps.  He makes a mistake, "CUT HIM, TRADE HIM, BENCH HIM!"  Tom threw a bonehead INT, but no one dwelled on that. The guy has talent, he's the best DB (Yes, he's better than Chung and McCourty) on the roster. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

AGREE 1000%!  Does anyone think that the Ravens D enjoys a reputation as a "good" defense because they wear clen uniforms, and say thak you after every play? They intimidate! They have teh rep as being tough. Great defenses of yore had that. Dallas's "Doomsday Defense", the Ram's "Fearsome Foursome". Minnesota's "Purple People Eaters". Even Miami's "No Name" defense was intimidating. Then there was Oakland's defense, and Kansas City's defense. Can't name me one "gentlemanly" player there. 

Meriweather got drafted because he could HIT HARD, not DEBATE. Good to see a Pat efender stepping into Rodney's old shoes. It's been a while, and a long time coming.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Meriweather : A few years ago that hit would have been celebrated, now it's dirty.  It's part of the game.  Always has been, ask Frank Gifford.  You're a tight end jumping up in the middle of the field, you should expect to get drilled. 
    Posted by Muzwell

in 2003 that wouldn't have been called, anyone remember Eugene Wilson's hit on Reggie Wayne in the playoffs? now that's going to the head, I don't recall Wayne playing another down in the game..

Sections
Shortcuts