meriweather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

meriweather

Great job! you are the best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Re: meriweather

We need to draft high for a safety and get rid of this bum...So sick of seeing him run around the field like a moron

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Watching the ball being thrown to Meriweather's area of the field -- scarier than "a haunted house."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GS1897. Show GS1897's posts

Great thread... did Felger pay you to post this or do you just parrot everything he has to say for free?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

I have been supporting the guy because he can make plays sometimes... but DAM, that was horrendus.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Mr. Whiffle suxs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: meriweather:
    [QUOTE]Great thread... did Felger pay you to post this or do you just parrot everything he has to say for free?
    Posted by GS1897[/QUOTE]
      I have eyes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Felger actually stole the "Big Bang Clock" bit from T&R, but yeah it's pretty funny. I post it for free.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

He made 1 really bad play, but he still is a good player.

He made a pick that was called back a penalty. 

He's not as bad as you say.  it was just a really bad play, chill out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He made a bad play, but he could've redeemed himself had Banta-Cain not tried to make the game any closer. Come on, he made one bad play. He's no Ed Reed, but he's not awful. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

As bad as that play was, his INT taken away was Polianesque. We see an offensive facemask and an illegal hands on TBC and for some reason the call only miraculously goes against NE.

He isn't conservative enough at the position, but you have to like NE's red zone D overall.

They were good again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

He is a free safety. His one job is to prevent the really bad play, not be the cause of it. This wasn't a corner getting too aggressive; this was a guy, who's supposed too help the deep man in coverage, running into his own teammate and creating one of the biggest plays of the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Lay off of Merriweather.  I thought he tackled McCoutry pretty well on that play...  There was no whiff there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

brandon did well in this game, i mean you can't ask a perfect game to anybody, there's no such thing, might as well bash on brady or the entire offense because they did not sustain drive, bottomline!

defense pick it up!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

he came up with a big int as well - too bad on the penalty..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bad angle on the play and he took McCourty out of the play as well.  Almost made up for it with the INT that wasn't, courtesy of a questionable call.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Yeah, you're right. Brady didn't play perfectly and Meriweather didn't play perfectly. It's the same exact thing. In fact by that logic, they're equally good football players since neither has ever played a perfect game.

Brady threw 2 touchdowns against the best pass D in the league. Meriweather single-handedly accounted for more than a quarter of a scrub QB's production.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]As bad as that play was, his INT taken away was Polianesque. We see an offensive facemask and an illegal hands on TBC and for some reason the call only miraculously goes against NE. He isn't conservative enough at the position, but you have to like NE's red zone D overall. They were good again.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

What's worst about that call - TBC's faceguard did not effect the play. TBC did not pressure the QB into throwing that INT. The ref decided to (try to) change the outcome of the game. Great that the Pats overcame it - especially with that skum bag Goddell looking on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: meriweather : What's worst about that call - TBC's faceguard did not effect the play. TBC did not pressure the QB into throwing that INT. The ref decided to (try to) change the outcome of the game. Great that the Pats overcame it - especially with that skum bag Goddell looking on.
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

wasn't goodell at the game?

i'm starting to believe the talk about him being a jets fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

yeah the refs are obviously try to impress goddell tsk

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think that is the second time he impeded a guy from getting to a receiver by taking a bad angle.  He does some good things, he does some bad things.  Whatever, BB will do with him as he sees fit.  I'm just going to wait and see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

is he great NO but he is the whipping boy for the defenses struggle. He took a bad angle and hit mcourty on that play. He also would have had the game sealing pick if there wasnt that penalty. he does a good job playing deep safety. As soon as he leaves well be missing him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

That was a horrible play by Meriweather, who I support.  bad angle. bad play. embarrasing.

that said, he is a fine player and feared hitter.  players make mistakes. He just better not let that happen again in an important game. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Papahone. Show Papahone's posts

obviously he flunked algebra but he hits hard and he is an intimadator

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

You win some, you lose some.  I note that on the play that seems to have offended people and provided an impetus for this thread, that McCourty was beat and yet no one is criticizing McCourty and as others have said, he did have that pick that was called back due to a penalty. Merriweather did take another bad angle and he needs to work on that.

Frankly, I was more concerned with the defense's vulnerability to the run than anything Merriweather was involved with and I see precious little commentary about that problem.  They need to go back and work on stopping the run.  I await the chorus of, " the D line is dinged up", or "Spikes is out".  You have to get done what you have to get done with the players on the field.  They need to refocus on stopping the run.