MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT?

sorry guys, at first i took his side, thought perhaps everyone was just piling on. but my "sources" now make it clear that all participants involved are HIS cousins, including the instigator who opened fire and threw a gun that hit a couple of the guys (other cousins who were in a fight that brendon was trying to break up) as well as shooting 2 people in the head (one got grazed, one actually got shot in the face)... one of those those involved is age 28 with known gang affiliation and has one of the most lengthy crimal records i have ever heard of. he should not be walking the streets. our star pro bowl rep should NOT be hanging that intimately with such a person esp in public, given his own track record or past transgressions. its obvious that i am PRESUMING brandon did not actually brandish or shoot a gun that night as some are charging. i have always liked meriweather but i just think it may be time for a divorce. 

even if no criminal charges are filed due to the no-snitching rules, brandon will be separating himself from a lot of his upcoming $1M raise but i just do not believe he will be showing off his talents in foxboro this year ('less he comes as a visiting player). enough is enough, i just do not think there will be an end to this. he had several opportunities to get himself out of the situation yet he refused to use his better judgment! we have all these picks and some in-house replacements. sergio or page may not have the same skillset but within our system, they can be more than adequate and bring in more discipline! guilty or not, just based on the details i already know, brandon has to go... as i have said ad nauseaum in other posts and threads, these off-field issues can impact what happens on the field and within organizations!

SEE YA, BRENDON! GIVE ME THE FIRST-ROUNDER FROM THE RAIDERS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY!

lol @ no snitching rules.

Seriously though. Until we hear anything this is likely what we call in America a scam. Michael Vick has been sued and been claimed to be a terrorist. Belichick and the Patriots just finally got through nonsense that a Jets fan was dragging them through in the Supreme Court.

Randy Moss was here literally mid year and had a woman ask him for 6 figures. Nothing new this happens to players but if anything comes of this Brandon will be gone. Till then you can't really jump to any conclusions because this could be absolutley nothing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Your "sources"?  Please. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think the issue here is he's hanging out with the wrong crowd. This is the second incident with a firearm he's been involved in down there. They need to lay down the law and tell him to stay away from potential situations such as these. If not Goodell will surely get involved!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yeah, it sounds like he needs new friends to me. 

Either way, not a good thing. I don't know why these players can't learn from previous instances.  

You're a target because you have everything to lose and the people that don't have anything, have nothing to lose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Draft.

Or FA Quentin Mikell from Philly, for example. But, I don't even see that.

I'd deal Merriweather if the offer was right, though.

NE is pretty deep at Safety.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I agree.  I am just saying, NE is loaded at Safety and Meriweather is now getting paid more, which means he could be a cap casualty/cut or traded.

It just increases the chances of that.

If the new cap is around 125-130 in the first portion of the deal, NE will have to probably cut some people we aren't expecting.

Not sure how much less Brady and Wilfork get in 2011, but overall, that 152 number must come down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We all have those a**hole cousins that needs to be shot in the face.  I'm just glad Brandon took the correct route to his gun and was able to wrap it up correctly and take the 2 head shots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

He's edging his way out the door all by himself, but he could end up doing his own version of the longest yard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY!:
    [QUOTE]It's clear you're a BM hater. So....let's say you're right. Let's say you have a crystal ball and before anything related to real proof is offered up one way or another BM is gone. What's their move to replace him?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]that would be incorrect sir! i have supported brandon consistently on this board. thought he deserved his pro bowl nod. likes most of what he does on the field, even supported that hit he got fined for! 

but its clear from his benchings and comments from all sides last season, the coaching staff already had issues with his character and approach to what they were telling him. there are clear attitude issues here, at some point you have to decide if this is fixable or if its not, that u can live with this as a norm going forward. i do not think bel will esp at a position he has a surplus at that is costing a lot of salary. y would he? in my view, enough is enough.. its time BM pays a price and get a new start with something to prove elsewhere. i am sure the lecture about his buds and kin have come up a few times in the past. its been an issue for years. the whole situation as described sounds knuckleheaded. it wasnt like he was defendeing himself against a burglar or someone attacking his person or property!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Wondering if maybe we should wait until the actual facts come out before passing judgement?  Just a thought.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Again, your "sources" are whom exactly?  Humor me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

i do not think bel will and at a position he has a surplus at that is costing a lot of salary, y would he?

Translator please

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]i do not think bel will and at a position he has a surplus at that is costing a lot of salary, y would he? Translator please
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]thanks grammar and non-colloquial man...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Grammar has nothing to do with it, its not even English is it? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Again, your "sources" are whom exactly?  Humor me. 
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]i pledged a vow of secrecy. its an ongoing case. he's not authorized to publicly speak at this time. if i told ya, may have to come thru your computer and kill ya Tongue out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

i pledged a vow of secrecy. its an ongoing case. he's not authorized to publicly speak at this time. if i told ya, may have to come thru your computer and kill ya Tongue out

Fun to make things up on the internet isn't it.  Run along now and let the grown ups talk. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]that would be incorrect sir! i have supported brandon consistently on this board. thought he deserved his pro bowl nod. likes most of what he does on the field, even supported that hit he got fined for!  but its clear from his benchings and comments from all sides last season, the coaching staff already had issues with his character and approach to what they were telling him. there are clear attitude issues here, at some point you have to decide if this is fixable or if its not, that u can live with this as a norm going forward. i do not think bel will esp at a position he has a surplus at that is costing a lot of salary. y would he? in my view, enough is enough.. its time BM pays a price and get a new start with something to prove elsewhere. i am sure the lecture about his buds and kin have come up a few times in the past. its been an issue for years. the whole situation as described sounds knuckleheaded. it wasnt like he was defendeing himself against a burglar or someone attacking his person or property! 

I'm confused, your calling him out for character and attitude problems during the course of last year and then you say you supported him for the pro-bowl nod?  So.....if you had his back like you said at the end of the season it must be this latest issue that has you changing your mind.  Why don't you wait to see what happened? You've been making final decisions (on the internet) about an issue that you have 10% information on.  Chill out 
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]hey, thats what the internet is for. you speculate , get an hypothesis and as u get more facts, make adjustments! liked his overall agression on the field but on many occasions he did seem to be out of place. he admitted he was stubborn and often clashed with the coaches and their vision as to what he should be doing out there. he admitted that on eei! again, true or not, his fault or not, wrong place or wrong time, if this were brady withg a gun issue or BJE or branch, the rope will be longer. but i'm sorry knowing his "the U" antics and the other stuff that has surrounded him, its hard to give him the full benefit of the doubt. i believe he is guilty of something, question of degrees. either way, if i am bel, i am at least listening to other theams. if i get a seymour from a tean like the raiders, me. meriweather can hit the road! the field is one thing, talent is one thing, there are other factors too. love him on the field but there seem to be diminisHing returns in other areas. perhaps he's just a bad lucky guy, but dude how many other guys on the pats have had TWO shooting episodes in their lifetime? willing to bet u would be hard-pressed to find ONE. with BM ur talking two within five years! 

perhaps he should invite his family to safer places, hire a bodyguard.. sorry, you have to try really hard to have TWO of these events in 5 years. sure others may be ready to pounce like the lawyer guy but i am also certain with theis smoke, there has to be some fire. first, he was no where near the area at the time. wrong, turns out he was. whatever the facts, we should be considering exiting the brandon plan. we may not folow thru, but we should be looking hard at it. enough is enough. this isnt some innocent boy scout to whom fate just coincidentally conspired against! if i am wrong, i will admit it. not being knee-jerk, i give him the initial benefitof the doubt, and did so throughoout the season. i'm DONE!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I'd like to see this kid when the opposing QB's have 3 seconds to get rid of it versus 6 seconds

In the last Jests game it looked like Sanchez had 15 seconds to throw the ball...especially on 3rd downs! But I agree he could be a top safety with a little help from a pass rush!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

The bottom line is the guy should NEVER have been in that environment in the first place!!!  Right, wrong or indifferent the Patriots have no choice but to get rid of him!!!  End of subject.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

[QUOTE]Your "sources"?  Please. 
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

My god killa!! I'm wondering if you are one of his peeps or cousins...are you? The reason I personally don't like him is because he doesn't cover or tackle well; he could shoot Tom Brady in the face (providing he still lives and can play well) and I wouldn't care, if he played like Rodney Harrison.

Has he killed anyone yet? Not that we know of. Does the word gun, bullets, shots, and stomp get put in the same sentence too much with him? Yes. Is there evidence that he shot a guy in the face? Not as of yet (I'm sure the police are looking into it). Is there 5 years of NFL film out there of him getting run over and blowing coverages? Bingo!! We got Bingo!!

Brandon doesn't need your protection, I'm sure he's got 50k cousins and dudes on the payroll for that:) 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

This should  settle this oj simpson stats are great  and he wasnt convited of murder does that make him innocent .yes but alot of us still think he did it and have oppions on it. If acts like a thug and hangs with thugs then he is a thug!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Listen killa, I'm being hard on you because, honestly I've watched Mr. Merriweather live and on tv and I really can't believe that you would keep throwing stats out to defend this guy. His stats are good for tackles etc? Yippee!! He plays safety, know any safeties that don't statistically rack up the tackle count? It's their position, it's like saying a QB is good because he threw the ball on average 30 times a game. You can make a tackle 10 yards beyond the spot you should of brought the guy down. You can make a tackle and get dragged 5 yards to the first down marker. You can make a tackle by jumping on the pile after the other guy does all the work. This is what he has done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

well i wasnt sugesting we get rid of him I was  just saying if you act and hang with thugs ,you are one too.I will throw this out there  I think vick was wrong and paid his dues for what he did  so he should beable too play football and alot out there think he should be banned from playing but yes he still is a thug too.

Sections
Shortcuts