MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY!

Well how bout this? Trade him...for a role of tape, or cut him. Next step, get a free safety that can cover better or at least do what he is told. Make sure said safety is tall enough/tough enough to cover a tight end...heck why not Page? He is tall and can cover and has size. Come to think of it, sounds like a nice idea. Option two, draft a safety...again, but not in the first. Option three, what's wrong with just Page, Chung, Sanders, McGowan and converting one of our fifteen nickle backs to the role? Alexander could move back when Bodden gets back or the kid from Notre Dame. The pass rush will amke everyone better, even thugs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Secrecy, my a......

For the record, he was here in Naples this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. with three or four guys spotted at a Race Track gas station.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

ur a tool commie,  you suck

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

First, I want to hear from all the posters with perfect families!  Everyone has a 'funny' uncle, a 'crazy' aunt, or a grandparent who enjoys too much 'egg nog' from time to time. 

Second, I agree with everyone who asks that we wait for facts before making judgements.  If it's good enough for our real courts, maybe we should use that standard in our court of public opinion. 

Third, most people have characterized him (before this incident) as someone who needed to grow up a bit or become more of a professional (however you care to put it). Maybe this is the catalyst for that change.  There are plenty of stories of talented guys who got it together after such an incident.  Of course the opposite is also a possibility, which is why we should allow the people who know him and this situation better that us make the call as to whether he stays or goes. 

I know two things to be true.  Your football team does not get better by getting rid of a Pro Bowl Safety.  Also, I would not want to be judged by the things my crazy family has done in my presence!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY!:
    First, I want to hear from all the posters with perfect families!  Everyone has a 'funny' uncle, a 'crazy' aunt, or a grandparent who enjoys too much 'egg nog' from time to time.  Second, I agree with everyone who asks that we wait for facts before making judgements.  If it's good enough for our real courts, maybe we should use that standard in our court of public opinion.  Third, most people have characterized him (before this incident) as someone who needed to grow up a bit or become more of a professional (however you care to put it). Maybe this is the catalyst for that change.  There are plenty of stories of talented guys who got it together after such an incident.  Of course the opposite is also a possibility, which is why we should allow the people who know him and this situation better that us make the call as to whether he stays or goes.  I know two things to be true.  Your football team does not get better by getting rid of a Pro Bowl Safety.  Also, I would not want to be judged by the things my crazy family has done in my presence!
    Posted by dino1980
    love how some of u refuse to step away from the soft kool-aid given to your choir no matter what. if this were the jets, boom! for far less than what brandon is accused of, u would be calling for the death penalty, a permanent ban and so forth. people like me just are able to use the same standards across the board! this is about getting used to some strong vodka. y are we waiting for bb and the pats management to give us our marching orders on what is right or wrong? y even have a board? our job is to speculate and opinionate as well as to share facts we find or hear about. bb has his own interests and so do we. there are times i tottally disagree (like his response to spygate, mankins) and there are times i am in full agreement (terry glenn, seymour, moss), because our team's management says so doesnt necessarily make it true or right! there is enough anecdotal evidence here to say "his judgment and smarts STILL stink"...

yep let he with the perfect family please cast the first stone. this is what is known as a straw man in polite circles. in less polite ones, its called BS! my family isnt perfect as is the case with most people but guess what, i have yet to have a gunfight at any family events. i am sure this wasnt the first time. heck, the fact he has to even carry his firearm to a family event should have made him pause! again, this wasnt a spur of the moment thing, according to my sources. BM had enough time to repeatedly extricate him self from the situation but again and again, chose nothing! if somehow the same situation occurred at a belichick family event or that of a wilfork, brady, welker, mccourty and so forth, i am willling to bet their response and judgment is a lot different! BM has a thinking, smarts and judgment issue. he's not exactly the most coachable guy, esp since we have enough replacements as is, y continue with the headache? 

this could be the best time to trade him... oakland is still in the league, he's exactly what they look for. problem with his type is that, like with a michael irvin or moss (tantrum stuff), you can bet your life there will be another incident. he can't help himself! there will likely be a DUI arrest coming, a punch to the head at a crucial point and so forth... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

This should  settle this oj simpson stats are great  and he wasnt convited of murder does that make him innocent .yes but alot of us still think he did it and have oppions on it. If acts like a thug and hangs with thugs then he is a thug!
    Posted by lippa
    hey like with vick, if Oj was free and he could still run, i may kick those tires like with tiki barber. but if OJ was on the pats esp after all the other prior issues with his wife and women, after he was accused of murder, drum roll.... i would have cut bait.. heck after the second arrest, i would have cut bait! same with vick.. would have cut bait way before his arrogance got the point where he felt he could openly run a dog-murdering ring! there's a big difference between giving a new guy a second chance and how you treat standard violations from guys you actually draft or who are currently vets on your own team!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

My god killa!! I'm wondering if you are one of his peeps or cousins...are you? The reason I personally don't like him is because he doesn't cover or tackle well; he could shoot Tom Brady in the face (providing he still lives and can play well) and I wouldn't care, if he played like Rodney Harrison. Has he killed anyone yet? Not that we know of. Does the word gun, bullets, shots, and stomp get put in the same sentence too much with him? Yes. Is there evidence that he shot a guy in the face? Not as of yet (I'm sure the police are looking into it). Is there 5 years of NFL film out there of him getting run over and blowing coverages? Bingo!! We got Bingo!! Brandon doesn't need your protection, I'm sure he's got 50k cousins and dudes on the payroll for that:) 
    Posted by mthurl
    forgot about the stomping incident.. so again, this is now a TREND! these types of accusations and actions seem to be a part of his character... can no longer be excused as isolated incidents. guity or not, as bing so eloquently put it, "the bottom line is the guy should NEVER have been in that environment in the first place!!!" he should not have even put himself in the position of having to LEAVE the area in the first place! this clearly does not conform with the natural instincts of one mr. meriweather! 

you never have to defend what you do not say or DO! BM constantly gets himself in precarious situations or finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time... that is JUDGMENT! let him start over somewhere else. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT!

does anyone know where marvin harrison was when  that gun was going off? Tongue outTongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

We should have goten rid of him before this year. Hes a terrible football player , cant tackle , cant diagnose plays , takes terrible angles , cant cover to save his life , would rather take a cheap shot and make his 2 big hits for the year , rather than makeing the safe tackle. His play was bad enough me , now this ... get rid of him! Enough w/ keeping these guys around that everyone knows cant play and will never amount to a decent player. Hes the worst starting S in our Div. time to give him the boot!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

We should have goten rid of him before this year. Hes a terrible football player , cant tackle , cant diagnose plays , takes terrible angles , cant cover to save his life , would rather take a cheap shot and make his 2 big hits for the year , rather than makeing the safe tackle.  His play was bad enough me , now this ... get rid of him! Enough w/ keeping these guys around that everyone knows cant play and will never amount to a decent player. Hes the worst starting S in our Div. time to give him the boot!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Wow i dont remember hitting the post button twice and if i did hit it once , why was my post still there? Sorry , im sure this will ruin someones day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

lol Sam, sometimes you remind me a lot of me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Comon Dude you can't edit your post in the middle of it. Unless of course you can't read what the article actually said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Think of this a different way. What if it was your son. What would you say to him. If he went to a place where he shouldn't be in the first place. My Dad always told me if you pull a gun on someone you might as well kill him cause its the same offense.
    The part I'm having a hard time with is how many shots? I've never heard more then one. If that's the case then the barrel was in the first guys mouth and the bullet went thru his cheek and grazed the other guy's face. Plus there's ballistics. If you shoot a guy all they have to do is swab your hand and there's powder residue. It shouldn't be too hard to find out if Merriweather shot a weapon in the past few days. Sometimes investigations are carried out by fools.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I feel a little bad for him, but for the good of the Pats, I think they should cut him loose or at lease trade him to a decent place.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Mungo you ignorant liberal woman I wish Dick Cheney would shoot you in the face. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT!:
    Commie, Let me ask you something.......if the police investigation proves he had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting are you still saying dump him because of his character? You were the one here saying how much you had his back and how you backed him going to the pro-bowl....that was only a month ago? Now he's the worst thug to ever don a Pats uniform? I understand your stand with this, I agreed he never should have put himself in that position. I also think he was stupid for even going back to that part of town but if I made it, I'd go back to the old hood and stuff it up some people's butt's too.  So here's what I think....I think you jumped the gun on your decision and after twelve people jumped all over you for it there was no turning back. Now you're just playing a dead hand trying to draw as many people in as you can to lessen the blow when he's aquitted and has a fantastic season feasting on a much improved pass rush. Don't worry, I'll probably forget............maybe  
    Posted by Sam-Adams
    dude give it a rest. as your wife likely says, you suffer from premature overloading! i do not care if 500 jump on me.. have u not read some of the feedback from my other threads... so what! i would change my name to commie-koolaider in that case. i am not here to just repeat whatever the majority is throwing out there just to avoid criticism. sometime the majority is WRONG! 

yep, even if BM is criminally exonerated, he has to go. i have no doubt he will have a great seasonif he goes else where. me liking him overall on the field has nothing to do with it. see, i am very CONSISTENT! bel has seen (2009) what a lack of character and having a buch of guys with bad judgment in your lockerroom can do to the karma and intangible leverage of your team. BM is fast becoming a jonah. before its obvious, i say let him go. seymour played well too in oakland, doesnt mean we should have kept him though. i want him gone not necessarily because of football reasons. that may come into play if it were brady and we have noone to fully replace him with... meri is not at that level, he is EASILY replaceable! he is far from indispensable. the next guy could easily match his his performance, perhaps not with the flair and reputation to get a pro bowl nod.. but yep, with the guys we already have, the SUBSTANCE could easily be matched!

if BM was actually not there or he left at the first sign of trouble or if he were just walking down the street with some protection and a bunch of guys bombarded them and he was clearly just a victim, i may take your side on this. but from what my "sources" tell me, there is enough culpability there! being found not guilty is not the same as being onnocent. likewise, not having enough to criminally prosecute does not mean no crime was committed or that someone did nothing wrong! to me, its just a matter of time before the next incident. guys like him get progressively WORSE each time they get over, rather than pull the ray lewis card and get more humble and practice chaos-avoidanc

at this point, we can agree to disagreee... but yep i hope BM is a goner! i still like him overall as a player, wish him well and expect to put up numbers ELSEWHERE! His mere presence hurts the karma and intangible leverage of this team! at this point, what he brings tangibly is not worth what he takes away in the latter! its a eastern spirituality and very deep thing so u may not get it, but most of what occurs in the material and tangible world starts and comes from the more significant immaterial and intangible one! think about it: all life starts and returns there!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You know what's funny? Through all of this Merriweather stuff, I never actually thought for a second he was the guy that pulled the trigger. I just think he needs to go because he is not very good and he hangs/is a thug.

But imagine if he was the thug that pulled the trigger....and wiffed:-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT!:
    You know what's funny? Through all of this Merriweather stuff, I never actually thought for a second he was the guy that pulled the trigger. I just think he needs to go because he is not very good and he hangs/is a thug. But imagine if he was the thug that pulled the trigger....and wiffed:-)
    Posted by mthurl
    dude i was so thinking that but i didnt want to get to inflammatory! the sarcastic part of me tht ticks of some here is that after taking an unusual route to get his gun, BM slipped then fumbled opening his car door then stomped on his gun by accident, before finally grabbing the gun but couldnt wrap it up as his thug coaches had trained him to do (even they started losing their patience at this point)... then BM recklessly aimed for the head even as he was trained and screamed at to only hit the aggressor around the shoulder area. oh well, even on the streets our brandon missed his intended target which put pressure on the rest of the guys there for defense as they had to deal with the lion-like adrenaline of the guy shot as he hit a few people and went for an extra 6 yards before he was finally gang-tackled as BM jumped on top of the pile and got all the recognition per usual!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Commie, I really don't want to go back and forth with you. It's clear you just want to fanaticize about rumor's and speculation. I never siad they should keep him or get rid of him. I said let the facts unravel and make a decision based on all the information, not your opinion. Maybe it's because of that "eastern" thing I don't get? I guess BB doesn't get it either because the last I looked he's still a Patriot. Perhaps you and your "sources" are the only ones who do get it?
    Posted by Sam-Adams
    did u wait for all the facts to come in before making a judgment on vick? how about with oj? how about santonio holmes and big ben? how about plaxico? i'm willing to bet the answers were NO on all of them! Y should it be different just because BM is a pat? i've read and heard enough from my "sources" to know there's a lot of smoke there. y would bel cut him now? would be dumb! once cba is done and they all come into camp, that when it is done. when going over who to trade or cut, just as with seymour, all things being equal, bm simply has more strikes on him. he certainly will not be getting an offer for a contract extension. y not cut bait? all the guys we re-sign like wilfork, ty warren, brady and so on are generally guys with proven character and citizenship. meri isnt worth the risk, distraction and headache. BEFORE the next season starts (may be a week before), he will be outta here. bel also has to show that he can still play to juice out a #1 or #2 for him!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

In Response to MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT!:
    sorry guys, at first i took his side, thought perhaps everyone was just piling on. but my "sources" now make it clear that all participants involved are HIS cousins, including the instigator who opened fire and threw a gun that hit a couple of the guys (other cousins who were in a fight that brendon was trying to break up) as well as shooting 2 people in the head (one got grazed, one actually got shot in the face)... one of those those involved is age 28 with known gang affiliation and has one of the most lengthy crimal records i have ever heard of. he should not be walking the streets. our star pro bowl rep should NOT be hanging that intimately with such a person esp in public, given his own track record or past transgressions. its obvious that i am PRESUMING brandon did not actually brandish or shoot a gun that night as some are charging. i have always liked meriweather but i just think it may be time for a divorce.  even if no criminal charges are filed due to the no-snitching rules, brandon will be separating himself from a lot of his upcoming $1M raise but i just do not believe he will be showing off his talents in foxboro this year ('less he comes as a visiting player). enough is enough, i just do not think there will be an end to this. he had several opportunities to get himself out of the situation yet he refused to use his better judgment! we have all these picks and some in-house replacements. sergio or page may not have the same skillset but within our system, they can be more than adequate and bring in more discipline! guilty or not, just based on the details i already know, brandon has to go... as i have said ad nauseaum in other posts and threads, these off-field issues can impact what happens on the field and within organizations! SEE YA, BRENDON! GIVE ME THE FIRST-ROUNDER FROM THE RAIDERS!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

In Response to MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT!:
    sorry guys, at first i took his side, thought perhaps everyone was just piling on. but my "sources" now make it clear that all participants involved are HIS cousins, including the instigator who opened fire and threw a gun that hit a couple of the guys (other cousins who were in a fight that brendon was trying to break up) as well as shooting 2 people in the head (one got grazed, one actually got shot in the face)... one of those those involved is age 28 with known gang affiliation and has one of the most lengthy crimal records i have ever heard of. he should not be walking the streets. our star pro bowl rep should NOT be hanging that intimately with such a person esp in public, given his own track record or past transgressions. its obvious that i am PRESUMING brandon did not actually brandish or shoot a gun that night as some are charging. i have always liked meriweather but i just think it may be time for a divorce.  even if no criminal charges are filed due to the no-snitching rules, brandon will be separating himself from a lot of his upcoming $1M raise but i just do not believe he will be showing off his talents in foxboro this year ('less he comes as a visiting player). enough is enough, i just do not think there will be an end to this. he had several opportunities to get himself out of the situation yet he refused to use his better judgment! we have all these picks and some in-house replacements. sergio or page may not have the same skillset but within our system, they can be more than adequate and bring in more discipline! guilty or not, just based on the details i already know, brandon has to go... as i have said ad nauseaum in other posts and threads, these off-field issues can impact what happens on the field and within organizations! SEE YA, BRENDON! GIVE ME THE FIRST-ROUNDER FROM THE RAIDERS!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Your "sources" don't write for Pravda, do they?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

just listened to the interview archive of bm's attorney on dennis and callahan this morning. you may wanna check it out. i still think something's up. i do not think bm actually pulled the trigger but he may have been involved in some form of a cover up. still i can grasp bm's position a bit more. i may have to eat some crow. there is a cultural issue in term s of the no-snitching dynamic. if most whites had to deal with retribution for snitching as it was with the mob or in places like charlestown MA, most simply won't! i remember the case with paul pierce. guy gets stabbed 20 times at a night club and neither he nor anyone else sees anything!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT?

Another retarded thread started by the 12 year old communist, who just likes seeing his monicker on the internet. His "sources" are his buds at the "ring a round the rosey" event at recess. Moron....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: MERIWEATHER'S A GONER... NEEDS A NEW FAMILY, TEAM + ENVIRONMENT?

Didn't Meriweather get on the you know what list when he said something to the effect that he doesn't like playing in a specific defensive system but was more interested in being a "freelancer" defensive back? That ain't gonna fly with a BB defense as it's all about doing your job and play your position.

There's times I love the guy and times where his bad angles on plays make me rip out what's left of my hair.

Gun charge or not he is certainly no lock to stay.

Sections
Shortcuts