Merri at it again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Merri at it again

I was not able to watch the game so I might have missed a ton of Merri good plays and just saw his bad ones but everytime NFL Network showed the bills and a big play Merri was there taking bad angles.

Yes he had an INT of an overthrown ball but all I see is a guy that is giving up big plays.  Bad angles is about wanting to make the big hit not contain wait for help.

He's a veteran now no excuses that he's getting better, he is what he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Merri at it again

so a player cannot improve past his 3rd year in the league?

Wow, guess the steelers should just dump that David Harrison guy, since he was not even worth being on a team for the first 4 years of his career.

Or maybe you would like to have a talk with Troy Brown or Mike Vrabel. Do you know how many good to great players sat on the bench for years or couldn't even make a team roster until the middle of the careers? 

I don't like insulting fellow Patriots fans, but I am calling you out big time on this comment.

Like it or not, Meriweather is our best playmaker. So he made an awful play on that screen, im sure Rodney (Rodney is one of my all time favorite players), has made his share of stupid plays too. 

It is amazing how many people call out Meriweather for a bad play when JAMES SANDERS MADE ABOUT 15 AWFUL plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Btwon you just spoke truth.

Meriweather is a very good player this is what his fourth year in the league if I am right? Hes only started 2 full years. 08 he came in because Rodney got hurt and he was a situational player before that. 09 was his first FULL year playing and he made the pro bowl. 10 hes getting benched and not allowed to progress.

He will progress and hes just like everyone else but to start Sanders over Meriweather right now is really hurting this team. Yesterday it was incredibly hard to watch that game and see Sanders flailing around. 

Did you miss it when Meriweather caught Lynch from behind for a one yard gain? Yeah

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yep, he's shown flashes in terms of play-making. I'm not really a talent evalutator guy so I won't pretend to be. He looks like he can make plays and he's shown it at time. But, my issue is this:

He was one of the players that was laughing in the locker room after the defense laid an egg down in Miami. That was the game they made Henne look like Marino.

Then this year, when he was pretty much guaranteed a starting spot, he decided to freelance and "try some things." He did own up to his mistakes though, which is good progress.

To me, his attitude is what's critical here. Look at how many playmakers the Chargers had on that defense the past few years and guess what? In critical moments, they pick up stupid penalities, miss tackles on crucial drives, jump routes and get torched. I don't want to see Merriweather be a weak link for us going forward. The playoffs is all about disciplined, instinctive, fundamental football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Merriweather is frustrating and I'm sure the coaches think the same thing.  You can't say he doesn't make plays because he does.  Catching Lynch from behind, the INT those were great plays.  But He blows coverages too, like the Spiller TD.  In his 4th year he shouldn't get punked like that.  He can kill a team with bad tackling also.  It's like W T F, you would be awesome if you could quit f*cking up.  Still I think he's the best safety to pair with Chung, at least he can create turnovers unlike Sanders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Maroney made plays and flashed potential too.  Just sayin....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Merri at it again:
    [QUOTE]Merriweather is frustrating and I'm sure the coaches think the same thing.  You can't say he doesn't make plays because he does.  Catching Lynch from behind, the INT those were great plays.  But He blows coverages too, like the Spiller TD.  In his 4th year he shouldn't get punked like that.  He can kill a team with bad tackling also.  It's like W T F, you would be awesome if you could quit f*cking up.  Still I think he's the best safety to pair with Chung, at least he can create turnovers unlike Sanders.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

It's not just him. The secondary was out of position half the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Merri at it again:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merri at it again : It's not just him. The secondary was out of position half the time.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

You're probably right Evil. The secondary needs to play as a group and although we've seen flashes of it, they looked lost as a whole on many plays during the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The secondary did not look good and, with Bodden out, Merri might be our best shot at an INT in most games.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts