Merriweather is trying to change his game....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Merriweather is trying to change his game....

Meriweather: NFL is trying to change my game 100%

Panthers' Smith catches a pass against the Bears' Meriweather during their NFL football game in ChicagoReuters

Bears safety Brandon Meriweather has become a poster boy for illegal helmet-to-helmet hits in the NFL.

Whether in New England or Chicago, Meriweather has a well-deserved reputation as a head hunter.  He said he said he doesn’t appreciate the league’s effort to change his style.

“They teach you growing up that you’ve got to be violent and put the fear of God in people, but when you get to the league that you’ve been dreaming about your whole life, they tell you to change your game 100 percent or get money taken from you,” Meriweather told Sports Illustrated this week.

Yes, they are trying to change Meriweather’s game. He’s one of the few players in the league that looks like he’s trying to injure players when he hits them in the head.

Meriweather partially blames the size of wide receivers.

“I try lowering my target zone, but if you have a receiver who’s 5′ 8″, it’s still going to be a helmet-to-helmet collision. How do you avoid that when you’re running full speed?” he said.

It’s worth noting that the NFL isn’t the only entity trying to change Meriweather’s game. The Patriots tried to change it, failed, and then cut Meriweather.

The Bears tried to change Meriweather and benched him too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Merriweather is trying to change his game....

Why no games option?

He said this when he was with the Pats too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

This guy would look great on the Jets - getting jacked up by Gronk and Law Firm twice a season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

mary is a cry baby, he's rationalizing to make up for lack of tackling skill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Excuses, Excuses, and Excuses from Brandon

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I know a great way for the little thug to change his game...RETIRE!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Mary is terminally stupid

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Mary should focus more on not sucking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

This is an unfair stigmata...  The truth of the matter is twofold:  Merriweather's st#p^d and Roger Goodell is a pu##y.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Merriweather is trying to change his game....:
    [QUOTE]Why no games option? He said this when he was with the Pats too
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Was gonna post that I'm a bit skeptical given that he offered a mea culpa last year and proceeded to make more bad plays. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I think you nailed it. On one hand Merry is right the NFL has become to soft with too many rules on the other hand he needs to learn how to play WITHIN himself. Probably would be a great LB but doesn't have the size. Not aIn Response to Re: Merriweather is trying to change his game....:
    [QUOTE]This is an unfair stigmata...  The truth of the matter is twofold:  Merriweather's st#p^d and Roger Goodell is a pu##y.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

This guy is out of NE....who cares what he thinks or says??!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Who is Merriweather and why do we care?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenderSRV. Show fenderSRV's posts

Mary should focus on actually covering WRs and not giving up the big play than trying to get a big hit. The guy is a joke...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

"...but when you get to the league that you’ve been dreaming about your whole life, they tell you to change your game 100 percent or get money taken from you,”

Nothing to do with penalising your team and not helping them win on the field - it's all about having money taken from you. What a team player...

I think that says it all about Merriweather - glad we got rid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I don't feel like looking it up, but i'm pretty sure Todd Heap is a lot taller than 5'8.  I'm thinking he had to raise his target zone for that hit last year.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Mary should focus on actually covering WRs and not giving up the big play than trying to get a big hit. The guy is a joke...
    Posted by fenderSRV[/QUOTE]

This^^^^^^.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

As Patseng mentioned I was looking for the 0 games option. Helmet to Helmet missile action is in this guys blood. Watching the Bears game last week I saw him line up guys twice for torpedo shots. I'm sure the coaching staff for the Bears noticed it too and maybe even more times than twice. I won't post my Mike Stivic picture again but this guy is a meathead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Does he mean change his game from bad to good?  Yea, like thats going to happen anytime soon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

As if helmet hits were his big problem. His big problems were always being out of position or leaving his assigned coverage area to chase after a receiver before the ball is thrown.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The safety is the last line of defense against the big play and he is mostly asked to tackle and cover RB's and or tackle and cover TE's over the middle. It is not a safetys job most of the time to cover a WR that is why CB's make twice the money that safetys make.

+1 thanks you saved me typing all that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]The safety is the last line of defense against the big play and he is mostly asked to tackle and cover RB's and or tackle and cover TE's over the middle. It is not a safetys job most of the time to cover a WR that is why CB's make twice the money that safetys make. +1 thanks you saved me typing all that.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

But it is the safety's job not to get faked out of position by receivers or the QB and that was one of his main issues.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Evil no one said that was not an issue stop trying to create an argument where there is none.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Was that creating an argument? Here I thought I was just making a comment that everyone would agree with. Stop being so defensive.