Pay attention.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: Merriweather s#@ks!

In Response to Re: Merriweather s#@ks!:
    Really?  Pay attention.
    Posted by Speed3Bri

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Pay attention to what? Merriweather frequently being out of position?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Money12. Show J-Money12's posts

Really?  Pay attention.
    Posted by Speed3Bri

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

If anyone thinks he is good.......I will laugh. Unfortunately there is no way to prove how someone who is more INTELLIGENT would handle our safety position. Merriweather is constantly late , out of position, and tackling poorly. He makes a few good chest bumping plays then reverts back to mediocraty. He needs to be replaced. 

Anyone who has played football for one moment in life on a team can see him in the secondary during the games. I have seen him live a the games and he looks exactly like I thought. Late. Like he is THINKING instead of ACTING. 4 years in the same system and he looks like a ROOKIE. Good Bye. 

I love my Patriots. Great Win. Lucky AND Good.  I will take it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He doesn't su@ck!! He's just one of the worst starting safeties in the league and a punk:(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

For someone who is seemingly concerned about intelligence maybe you could learn to spell his name correctly!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Braaaaaavoooo, he still stinks. He tackles as if he has no elbows!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Pay attention to what? Merriweather frequently being out of position?
    Posted by jerh5

LOL. that's why he got an INT right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Agree 100%-- and have been saying same since early in the season. Even last year, Chung and he seem to be friendly, much to Chung's poor play. But, fortunately this year, Chung either woke up, or someone responsibe woke him up
     about Merri, and since, Chung's play has improved considerably, most of he time-- he still lacks NFL exprience, but am confident, both he and McCourty will be fixtures in the NE secondary for a long time.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I get that people will defensive about 31. It has taken me about a year and half to finally switch opinions on him. He is a tease. Peaked out.

He made a INT so that washes away all the bad. RIGHT. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'm not a fan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I like him.  NOT as much as chung, but I do. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This thread su#@s!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

you guys are morons, is he an all pro no!. His role is to be a deep safety and not to let anything behind him, so when you people get mad that he not stopping check downs your dumb. He IS not a punk just a big hitter from the safety postions with very good ball skills. Unless we invest major money or picks into finding his replacement we are not gonna get anyone as good as him. Also maybe in the past his tackling has been poor but this year he has shown MAJOR improvement heck he went to a probowl guys

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am pretty sure he helped get them 7 points off the INT tonight.

This board is littered with teenie boppers. Lots of em coming out tonight.

TCal and some others.  Teenie bopper city tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In the past two weeks I've read that Gronk should be benched for two games because he stunk it up in Cleveland. Somebody wants to cut Edelman because he didn't catch the pass from Brady. Sanders is always a whipping boy for this forum.  People actually posted that Mankins should be benched once he signs. Just to spite him. Now Meriweather needs to go for some reason I can't comprehend. Some of you really need to chill out. I think you are taking this stuff waaaay too seriously.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Merriweather s#@ks! : LOL. that's why he got an INT right?
    Posted by kansaspatriot

actually, he got lucky on that play. pm and the receiver got crossed. meriweather's guy did the right thing coming back to separate. that was the design of that play. their timing was off. the receiver turned back a sec late, so pm had launched the ball to where meriweather was when the receiver turned back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I am pretty sure he helped get them 7 points off the INT tonight. This board is littered with teenie boppers. Lots of em coming out tonight. TCal and some others.  Teenie bopper city tonight.
    Posted by BBReigns

u got it right.

Meriweather does his job. Can i ask these people who dont like him, how many deep balls are thrown over our defense? and who is covering those deep balls?

oh thats right, #31.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

that picture hurts my eyes tcal

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

He is not that great. He is ALWAYS late to every play. I never see him make a intelligent break on a ball. Being a safety, u should atleast luck into couple of balls a yr based on some instincts but he has none. Misses simple tackles but likes to make big hits. Took a horrible angle on that pass in the endzone today... and again was not there to help the DB. Always a second late...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'd like to see Merriweather with a pass rush like Harrison had here.  The pass rush makes a QB throw sooner, which in turn, makes any secondary look better, in particular a Safety in coverage.

I think people expect a Harrison type borderline HOF player immediately because Merriweather replaced Harrison.

Very tough crowd here. At times, as we have seen, irrational.

He had a pretty good game tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Merriweather s#@ks!:
      Please BB, replace him this offseason.
    Posted by jerh5

You know nothing about football......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Hes not elite... but he does not s#@ks.... today he make an INT and a good return... then i think he was late in the TD pass. 1 good 1 bad... that´s his type of game. People dont like him as a person, that´s why are so hard on him... I would not touch the safety position this offseason, we have Chung, jarrad page, and the other kig, sergio + McWogan, right ?  
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

i dont think the wayne TD was Meri's fault, Arrington didnt even turn his head or anything to see were the ball was.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Great response Getzo!  What a football genius you are!

Sections
Shortcuts