Merriweather s#@ks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Merriweather s#@ks!

that's exactly what it looks like

n Response to Re: Merriweather s#@ks!:
    Braaaaaavoooo, he still stinks. He tackles as if he has no elbows!
    Posted by jerh5

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

I was expecting so much from this kid when he came out of college. But sadly he isnt that much better today , than he was when he came in. I just dont understand how anyone can think hes a very good player , forget about elite. I would ask that person , i say person b/c there cant be more than one person that feels that way. What would you say about his tackling ability? Or the fact that he doesnt have any? Listen he'll blow you up if your not looking and will make a play here and there. Thats only b/c he's a good athlete , not a good ball player. I personally dont think hes right for our system. He'd manage to lose a tree if he got distracted. Hes better against the run , lol but thats not saying much. Hes just to inconsistant for me. I really dont think hes built for our D. Our system demands that both S's play interchangeably and I think Meriweather , lol not Merriweather , is built for the run game. Hes game just screams run-stopper , lol although is play screams , "Ive fallen and I cant get up"! Again he'll make a play here and there in the secondary b/c of his athleticism. LOL And Im sorry , but if your trying to make an arguement for him , saying he grabs a couple INT's every year is not the way to go. LOL You already lost the arguement as soon as you start w/ , " Brandon Meriweather is one of the best S's in the league ... ". Seriously , you must be joking w/ this. Name the top 10 S's if the league and see were he ends up? This is just off the top of my head , in no special order. Reed , Polamalu , Griffin , Wilson , Rolle , Bethea , Collins , Atogwe ..... hhmm drawing a blank?  Hhmm Id take Kenny Phillips , Id take Huff over him. Id put G. Wilson ahead of him. Id def. take Jermaine Phillips over Meri. LOL Ok I think you get the point. Seriously I liked him for sometime , but cmon the guy hasnt got any better ... at all! This is L.M. , Ben Watson etc all over again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Well, the Wayne TD was NOT Brandon's fault. His job was to cover the two WRs that the Colts had on his side on that play. He's not a mind reader, he can't tell which WR Peyton is going throw to until Peyton throws. He wasn't late, the CB has to cover his man. 

And I've never seen him getting a bad grade, but you people always see the bad he does. It's bash Brandon, praise Chung, but Chung was the guy who wiffed on the Brown run that extended the play. Infact, Chung makes me wiffs than Brandon, but Chung plays closer to the line so he makes more impact plays that make you ninnies go (Yaaahhh!!!). I like Chung, but Brandon is a better safety than him at this point of their careers. 

Listen, Brandon plays deep FS. Sanders plays SS and Chung plays switchblade Safety (He plays CB, LB and SS). 

Some of you need to be quiet and learn to play. Brandon is the best player in the secondary. Yes, he's even better than McCourty. 

And Brandon is surely a top 10 safety in the league. 

You've got Reed, Polamalu, Wilson Bethea and Collins. Rolle? You must not watch Giants games, he's a gambler. Atogwe? He makes a ton of INTs, but he suks against he run. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

We've been spoiled by Rodney Harrison.  

I think fan frustration with Meriweather is less about how much he stinks and more about how good Harrison was in comparison.

Meriweather does make mistakes.  He seems to fall for fakes alot. Good QB's definately don't have too much of a problem looking him off.  

But who do you replace him with? 

He's still a solid safety. 

It seems almost like he's a little too eager to make the play.  He'd benefit, in my humble opinion, with a little more patience. 

If the Pats had a pass rush and the backfield didn't have to cover recievers for 5 to 6 seconds every time the opposing QB drops back to pass,  we wouldn't be having this conversation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

In Response to Re: Merriweather s#@ks!:
    Well, the Wayne TD was NOT Brandon's fault. His job was to cover the two WRs that the Colts had on his side on that play. He's not a mind reader, he can't tell which WR Peyton is going throw to until Peyton throws. He wasn't late, the CB has to cover his man.  And I've never seen him getting a bad grade, but you people always see the bad he does. It's bash Brandon, praise Chung, but Chung was the guy who wiffed on the Brown run that extended the play. Infact, Chung makes me wiffs than Brandon, but Chung plays closer to the line so he makes more impact plays that make you ninnies go (Yaaahhh!!!). I like Chung, but Brandon is a better safety than him at this point of their careers.  Listen, Brandon plays deep FS. Sanders plays SS and Chung plays switchblade Safety (He plays CB, LB and SS).  Some of you need to be quiet and learn to play. Brandon is the best player in the secondary. Yes, he's even better than McCourty.  And Brandon is surely a top 10 safety in the league.  You've got Reed, Polamalu, Wilson Bethea and Collins. Rolle? You must not watch Giants games, he's a gambler. Atogwe? He makes a ton of INTs, but he suks against he run. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I'm sorry, but until the guy learns how to wrap up the opposing player and take them to the ground he is not top 10.  I've seen countless plays where he tries to use his forearms to make an impact hit instead of making the sure tackle.  He should be the last line of defense and all too often I see the WR's squirt free from his "tackle" and gain considerable YAC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In the past two weeks I've read that Gronk should be benched for two games because he stunk it up in Cleveland. Somebody wants to cut Edelman because he didn't catch the pass from Brady. Sanders is always a whipping boy for this forum.  People actually posted that Mankins should be benched once he signs. Just to spite him. Now Meriweather needs to go for some reason I can't comprehend. Some of you really need to chill out. I think you are taking this stuff waaaay too seriously.
    Posted by tartarus12

Amen brother!
    Everyone su#ks!Just dismantle the whole team and start fresh. FYI Brandon has had minimum 4 picks in each of last two seaons. Not many safties have the ball hawking skill that he has.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He's pretty good. I don't know why people think he needs to be Rodney Harrison.

He seems to be the whipping boy here.  He's asked to play a deep FS most of the time, and he's fine (for the most part) keeping the  play in front of him.

I do agree his tackling is weak.  Apparently, he forgot how to do it because he was good at it in college at Miami, or at least good enough.

But, he doesn't s*ck.  The Jets just signed Brodney Pool and have Jim Leonhard trying to cover  people.

Be thankful you don't have that junk running around with their heads cut off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

He's an enforcer and he doesn't s&*k.  I like our secondary.  It's getting better with each PASSING week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Ha ha if you all know so much and think you can play his position better go try out for it lol.
                      Its not as easy as it looks, granted yes hes a pro ball player who are we too judge!
                In the end we are still 8-2 so be happy and look forward too thanksgiving day game !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Merriweather s#@ks! : actually, he got lucky on that play. pm and the receiver got crossed. meriweather's guy did the right thing coming back to separate. that was the design of that play. their timing was off. the receiver turned back a sec late, so pm had launched the ball to where meriweather was when the receiver turned back.
    Posted by seattlepat70

my bad. i was talking about mccourty, not meriweather. on meriweather's int, he was actually in the right spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

He's getting there; getting better. He carries a lot of responsibility in the secondary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Merriweather has great physical skills, but he doesn't always make the right decisions on the field.  I've been a critic in the past, but I think his play has improved as the season has gone on.  Maybe he's taking to good coaching . . .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball4life93. Show baseball4life93's posts

In Response to Re: Merriweather s#@ks! : actually, he got lucky on that play. pm and the receiver got crossed. meriweather's guy did the right thing coming back to separate. that was the design of that play. their timing was off. the receiver turned back a sec late, so pm had launched the ball to where meriweather was when the receiver turned back.
    Posted by seattlepat70

ya but the point is that he was playing back in his correct position and got rewarded  for doing so..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

He's a good player, or do you think Belichick's an idiot?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I think its obvious he doesnt make the intelligent decision all the time. I was pissed at the end of the game at him too. 3 days later I can see other peoples point that he is not as bad as we think.

We did get spoiled with Harrison because he made much better decisions. He def was not Faster !!

In the end I hope Merriweather gets it, but it looks like to me he is a tease and may have peaked.

A CONSISTENT pass rush. Hmmm. That could help.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I think BB builds parts of the field with complimentary players; Chung is the better tackler/hitter and essentially backfield captain but not as fast as, Merri who is the speedster and the true deep back (I also think they have coached him to not bite and commit to one side of the field too early and that is hurting his closing down/helping), and Sanders is the expereinced/hitter but fairly slow for a back...it is what it is..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

How should I put this? Mueller you obviously have never heard the phrase." It is better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think your stupid,than to to speak and remove all doubt."  It's clowns like you that have made Boston sports fans the freaking worst fans in sports !!! I'm a mad homer and I'm guessing you are too,but you represent the new age fans that really s8ck. Your probably one of the nimrods that called in talk shows and said we should trade Brady because Cassel is just as good. Judging by your picture I'm guessing part of it is because you so hopped up on Beck,Hannity et al , that your always angry,scared and ripe for the picking. If you would relax a minute you might enjoy watching the games more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

What has Meriweather done wrong in the past month? Nothing hes been making plays all over the field and you want to look at a guy to thank for their being no big plays? Thank Brandon becauses hes shutting that down.

Like you guys see this guy mess up on one tackle in an entire season and hes some dookie. Like chill out yo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Boston fans, for some reason, need a whipping boy.

Merriweather is it:

1. He isn't well spoken.
    2. He isn't a cerebral player.
    3. He isnt't Rodney.

He's these things going against him, and with Chung's emergence, he's now the target.

Apparnetly, Julien Edelman stinks too, and needs to be cut. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I think BB builds parts of the field with complimentary players; Chung is the better tackler/hitter and essentially backfield captain but not as fast as, Merri who is the speedster and the true deep back (I also think they have coached him to not bite and commit to one side of the field too early and that is hurting his closing down/helping), and Sanders is the expereinced/hitter but fairly slow for a back...it is what it is..
    Posted by futbal

this seems an accurate assessment...  chung seems to have better instincts and is a playmaker and at this point a very good tackler... merriweather has in the past  been fooled and tried to knock people out but seems to be playing well now...
    sanders knows the d but is slow to the hole when in run support... the pats have some newer options now... page, brown and some guys on IR...dont be surpized to see another attempt at an upgrade int he draft..

Sections
Shortcuts