Mesko signing with Steelers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mesko signing with Steelers

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo (FOX Sports 1 NFL insider)

Former Pats P Zoltan Mesko, cut the other day, will be signing with the Steelers today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Mesko signing with Steelers

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1m

Ex-#Patriots punter Zoltan Mesko will sign with the #Steelers, source says. These T-shirt colors still work, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Hope he does well...seems like a talented, smart and nice kid...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't feel good about losing him

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Good for him - good guy and good punter. I think Allen was a good keep - he made the mistake of outkicking his coverage once early but didn't do it again - hit the endzone once but had two beautiful OOB directional kicks in the last game. Can't say I get overly excited about a punter as long as they are not shank machines or line drive artists or consistently screw up directional punts.

I am curious - anyone else question our ST coaching? They were really good for a number of years but the last few have not been very special and I think the change corresponds to coaching change.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice to hear.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Good fit for a good guy. Pitt, like NE, needs a bad weather punter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Mesko is a quality guy and quality kicker. Not surprising he was snapped up so quickly.

Allen has a big leg and if can harness it in certain situations he will be a great replacement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

According to someone, he's not a good guy.

In response to russgriswold's comment:

No.  They assign a price to the player and if the player is belligerent, they're gone. Ty LAw, Samuel, Seymour, Welker, Mesko...

PLain and simple.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo (FOX Sports 1 NFL insider)

Former Pats P Zoltan Mesko, cut the other day, will be signing with the Steelers today.

How can this be true? Steelers in salary cap hell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

According to someone, he's not a good guy.

In response to russgriswold's comment:

No.  They assign a price to the player and if the player is belligerent, they're gone. Ty LAw, Samuel, Seymour, Welker, Mesko...

PLain and simple.

That might make sense if he were even a FA. This season, they'll be paying money against the cap for him to play for Pittsburgh. 

It has nothing to do with what his demands might be ... NEXT YEAR. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

I don't feel good about losing him

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

Me neither. If it comes down to less then a mill and we have cap room then why?

Unless Z is right and he is just an average punter. I didn't think so but then again I didn't pay much attention.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Resulting dead money from cutting Zoltan is $47K.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Mesko was a good punter, not Ray Guy or Shane Lechler good, but still pretty good. Allen seems to have a bigger leg. He might be better, maybe as good as Lechler.

Either way, I wish he was a placekicker.  That seems a lot more critical and Mesko is a better P than Ghost is a K.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

hopefully by saving 921 thousand was worth it ....we'll see.  Sometimes when BB gets cute, it bites him....i like Allen but a new guy who has to hold for fgs and extra pts....hopefully he doesnt pull a Romo at any time.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to mia76's comment:don

Good for him - good guy and good punter. I think Allen was a good keep - he made the mistake of outkicking his coverage once early but didn't do it again - hit the endzone once but had two beautiful OOB directional kicks in the last game. Can't say I get overly excited about a punter as long as they are not shank machines or line drive artists or consistently screw up directional punts.

I am curious - anyone else question our ST coaching? They were really good for a number of years but the last few have not been very special and I think the change corresponds to coaching change.

dont forget his job is to hold on FGs as well.. ryan has NEvER held nor has mallet.. this could b a concern.. i mean ghost could go from barely missing right and left to missing wide left and right...

just sayin, hope he remains as upright as gissy on a runway but i'm concerned. tebow is just the guy to repeat that first super bowl year!

E

just sayin, hope he remains as upright as gissy on a runway but i'm concerned. tebow is just the guy to repeat that first super bowl year!

Agreed. I have often said- only half joking- that Mesko has the best hands in the NFL. Not sure Aiken would have a job if "All Hail the Mighty" Zoltan hadn't gathered in several poor snaps.

Sections
Shortcuts