Message from Wes Welker to his Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Message from Wes Welker to his Fans

Here is a message from Wes, on his website (http://www.83foundation.com/):

Dear Friends, Fans, and Family,

I am writing you today to let you know how thankful I am for everyone's support though this trying time.  Your phone calls, texts, emails, and letters are greatly apprecitated.  I thank God for the people that he has put in my life to help me overcome this obstacle that has been placed in front of me.  Your thoughts and prayers are truly felt, and with no doubt will help me to a speedy recovery. 

My good friend Tedy Bruschi text me the other day "there is no career without a comeback".  Although I know that it will take time to be the same player that I once was.  I am ready to face that challenge, and in time I plan on coming back the player I was and much more.  This is not the first time that I have faced adversity in my career, and it won't be the last.  I am committed to this football team and doing everything possible to make us better.  My teammates know my committment to them and I refuse to let them down.  Just how I know that they wouldn't let me down.  They are here for me, just like I am there for them.  Even though I won't be on the field this post season, my heart will be with them through every snap!

I will continue to keep everyone updated on my status, and I thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,
    Wes

THANK YOU!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Message from Wes Welker to his Fans

I believe he will get through this and continue to be a great player.  He just needs to make sure he gets 100% healthy.

Good luck Wes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

If he works as hard as everyone says, he should be back in time for next year's playoffs.

[deleted because I was wrong about Welker's free agent eligibility] I think his skills aren't purely physical.  He'll still be able to read coverages and be in the right place, even if it is 0.1 seconds slower.  

My main concern would be planting to cut, but studies have proven that repaired knees that are properly rehabbed can be stronger than before - the biggest hurdle is becoming confident in it (big mental step - I know because I blew out my ankle)

I wish the best to him.  I wouldn't wish injury onto anyone, even Eli Manning, because you never know when things like this (or the Pat White hit) will happen.  The game is violent and luck is fleeting.  I'm very fortunate to have left it with two knees and a neck intact.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Nick, Wes is signed through 2011, so he is not a free agent for another 2 years...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

All I can say is a wish him the best, even if he plays else where in the future he will always be a class act to watch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Wes is the man, I have full faith in his recovery and eventual return to dominance.  Good luck rehabbing Wes, can't wait to see you back on the field

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

he is indeed the man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

XOXOXOXO Wes! Get well soon buddy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Think about it this way, even if he comes back with half the production thats still 60 catches a year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

A true Patroit

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Great guy, great player, cant wait till he is back.  Go Slotmachine!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

solid american and a true patriot. how can anybody not love this guy? he is the definition of a football player. we love you wes, have a healthy and speedy recovery!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Get better Wes. I have no doubt you will be as great a player as you were before or better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

that's the spirit wes! you maybe out but your not gone. just continue fighting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Wes...if you're reading...be sure you take your time getting back. Do not rush it...even if it means that you have to miss the entire 2010 season. Your game is built around your quickness, and ability to accelerate quickly to top speed. For your own good...and...ultimately, for the good of the team...come back 100%.

I know that with your determination and hard work...you can make it all the way back. Best wishes to you and yours...and thanks for your great, exciting play over the past three years!! 

TP. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

To Wes- However long it takes, whatever it takes, there's no doubt that you will give it your all to make a full recovery. You've been a wonder to watch and have contributed so much to the team. We look forward to your return and  you will remain an inspiration for the team and fans.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts