Message to Coach Belichick: "THE TIME IS NOW TO WAKE UP AND IMPROVE THE PASS RUSH"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: Message to Coach Belichick: "THE TIME IS NOW TO WAKE UP AND IMPROVE THE PASS RUSH"

I think most Pats fans agree that they need a better Pass rush to pressure opposition QB's. Surely BB will address it this coming off season via draft or FA. But i thought he would the last 2 years but he hasn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Message to Coach Belichick: "THE TIME IS NOW TO WAKE UP AND IMPROVE THE PASS RUSH"

if it only were that simple...

Our pass rush problems started earlier than 2008.
    We are probably missing 3-4 playmakers on both sides
    And, the coaching and playcalling needs to be better in bigger games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

the pass rush went south when Vrabel started to decline and then was dead when they traded Seymour.  Ty Warren is in the mold of Anthony Pleasant and Bobby Hamilton, meaning he gets a few sacks a year but is primarily a system guy.  Historically the Pat's have gotten theie sacks from the Elephant.  Vrabel and McGinest.  Getting and/or developing a guy like that is the approach.  (I mean BB is what he is and it's his system.)

That said do we have an Elephant in waiting??  We tried with Colvin, and he injured his hip. Tully was developing then left for SF and missed arguably the two best years of his career being used incorrectly, now he is in decline after a great 2009.  We tried with Adalius and he was over the hill. We tried with Burgess and see Adalius... he was over the hill also.

So it's (1) the system employed in the 3-4 that the Elephant is the primary pass rusher with the DL playing the system and getting coverage sacks, etc. and (2) the (in) ability to find talent in the elephant. 

That established where are we today?  36 sacks....Mike Wright led the team.  Ty Warren will help, if back, to bring a solid system guy to the rotation.  But the elephant guys.....Tully, Ninkovich and Cunningham need an talent upgrade. 

Can Cunningham develop?  I think he showed improvement, time will tell.  Tully is in decline and Ninkovich is good but is he going to improve beyond what he did this year? 

To me it's easy.....find either via draft or FA an replacemnt for Tully.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The outside guys are killing this defense, we have no one...no one that can pressure. THe guys we have don't fit the prototype in size or ability and we have made very little to no effort in acquiring these guys in the draft. Crable was a stick, an absolute head scratching pick,a third round pick that was projected to go 6th. Our D line has gone south...way south.

I like Cunningham, at least he looks strong and has long arms. He missed or at least was close on some pressure and sacks as a rookie. I think he develops into something solid that we can depend on at one side, but not special. We need two true 34 defensive ends and two outside guys that get after it and scare the way teams scheme and run their offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

One of the biggest plays of the game last Sunday was on a 3rd and 6 in the 2nd quarter, Mark Sanchez was flushed from the pocket, then turned it into a 37-yard completion.

I agree we need a better pass rush. However, it is not as important as some people think it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Yes he was flushed and no one got after him.  Talent won out there.....the catch, the holmes catch, etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Message to Coach Belichick: "THE TIME IS NOW TO WAKE UP AND IMPROVE THE PASS RUSH":
    [QUOTE]The outside guys are killing this defense, we have no one...no one that can pressure. THe guys we have don't fit the prototype in size or ability and we have made very little to no effort in acquiring these guys in the draft. Crable was a stick, an absolute head scratching pick,a third round pick that was projected to go 6th. Our D line has gone south...way south. I like Cunningham, at least he looks strong and has long arms. He missed or at least was close on some pressure and sacks as a rookie. I think he develops into something solid that we can depend on at one side, but not special. We need two true 34 defensive ends and two outside guys that get after it and scare the way teams scheme and run their offense.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Not sure where u saw Crable as a 6th rd pick.  He was pretty well touted when he came out.  He was grabbed about where he was expected to go as best as I can recall.  Many were very happy on here that we grabbed him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Place one beast beside Vincent Wilfork and the whole defense will thrive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Message to Coach Belichick: "THE TIME IS NOW TO WAKE UP AND IMPROVE THE PASS RUSH":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Message to Coach Belichick: "THE TIME IS NOW TO WAKE UP AND IMPROVE THE PASS RUSH" : Not sure where u saw Crable as a 6th rd pick.  He was pretty well touted when he came out.  He was grabbed about where he was expected to go as best as I can recall.  Many were very happy on here that we grabbed him. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Just going off a meaningless draft publication (sporting news). Not sure if everyone around here was all that excited about him or the fact that they actually drafted an outside guy. This guy didn't do much in college, he was no Woodley or Graham (two guys that you'd get excited about from Michigan).

Sections
Shortcuts