Message to Colts fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Message to Colts fans

We all know that there are Colts fans on here so... Here goes:

I am honestly sorry to hear that Manning will miss significant time. We in New England know what it is like to see your franchise QB go down before the season really begins. Hopefully he fully recovers and can come back to the feild sooner rather than later.

Follow the Colts as though Manning is out there. I can honestly say that 2008 was a great year to be a Pats fan, and I truly hope 2011 is a great year to be a Colt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Message to Colts fans

It takes the whole division to lost their starting QB's for the Texans to make the playoffs. Well the Jags didn't lose theirs, their back up out played their starter and they cut him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Colt Fans"  Let's see how many of them are at Lucas Oil Stadium in November. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Texans will probably win your division.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, more importantly, this is what happens when you don't have a back up.  Did they really think Manning was NEVER going down?  They are darn lucky he lasted this long.  I don't think he is coming back at all, its going to be too dangerous.  If they had grabbed Mallet, or Gabbert, they would at least have the future to start on.  Now, they have Kerry Collins.  THEN next year, they will have to start over and sacrifice another year for whoever is left after the 49ers or Bills grab Luck.  But they still will have to pay Manning the money.  Bad management all around.  Just bad.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Manning is done for the season. Even if he's healthy enough to come back in mid Dec the Dolts management would have to be nuts to have him play. I doubt by then they'll be able to see a playoff spot with binoculars.

There's a good possibility we may have seen the last of Peyton on a football field. This is the kind of injury that could land you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. I don't think he's dumb enough to risk that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

from us to u http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeP6CpUnfc0&feature=related

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Message to Colts fans:
    We all know that there are Colts fans on here so... Here goes: I am honestly sorry to hear that Manning will miss significant time. We in New England know what it is like to see your franchise QB go down before the season really begins. Hopefully he fully recovers and can come back to the feild sooner rather than later. Follow the Colts as though Manning is out there. I can honestly say that 2008 was a great year to be a Pats fan, and I truly hope 2011 is a great year to be a Colt.
    Posted by oh-my-beard

thanks beard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Message to Colts fans:
    Well, more importantly, this is what happens when you don't have a back up.  Did they really think Manning was NEVER going down?  They are darn lucky he lasted this long.  I don't think he is coming back at all, its going to be too dangerous.  If they had grabbed Mallet, or Gabbert, they would at least have the future to start on.  Now, they have Kerry Collins.  THEN next year, they will have to start over and sacrifice another year for whoever is left after the 49ers or Bills grab Luck.  But they still will have to pay Manning the money.  Bad management all around.  Just bad.  
    Posted by Davedsone

you don't think collins is any good?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

I wish Manning the best and a speedy recovery. He's the second best QB in the league and a future Hall of Famer. I remember when Brady went down and don't wish it on anyone. I want to beat the Colts, but it is sure better when you beat their best!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I agree with the sentiments here.

Manning is one fierce Boston rival that I've always respected and never hated.

I hate Polian, but Manning? No way. Great player. Good guy. Funny in his commercials and on SNL (he was way better than Brady on SNL, for sure).

I hate Kobe.

I hate A-Rod.

I hate Matt Cook and Ulf Samuelsson.

I still hate Bill Laimbeer like poison.

But Manning I could never hate.

It's a shame that this has happened, and I hope he can return to full health and play a few more years, at some point down the road.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I feel for the Colts fans on this one.  The season hasn't even started and they already lose their QB.  I remember how bummed I was when I seen Brady go down and out, luckily the Pats had a backup in place to carry on and they did really well.  Still wasn't as exciting of a season without TB12.

At this stage of his career and coming in on such short notice I wouldn't have very many expectations for Collins to be the Colts savior.  He may get them a few wins here and there but it is a shame that Manning left the team and fans out to dry on this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: Message to Colts fans : you don't think collins is any good?
    Posted by UD6

LOL No , not at all. Like beard , im sorry about Manning. When Brady went down i felt like somebody had just given me a body-shot to gut. Just sucked the wind out of me. Theres just nothing good about it , especially not Kerry Collins. The Pats weren't as "invested" in Brady at that point as you guys are to Manning. This really hurts your team moving on. Im not sure if Colts fans quite understand whats going on. Manning just isnt "hurt" , "injuried". The guy is one or two hits away from looking "different". Manning is the Colts. Your whole team is built around him. From the WR's he's throwing to , from the style of defense you play. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Absolutely bummed about this.  I hate to see any player get hurt and miss time, but in particular I have so much respect for Manning as a player that this is pretty bitter.

Get well soon and come back so you can lose to us in the Conference Chmapionship next year!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

How many Colts fans actually visit here?  "Visit" being the operative word.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Message to Colts fans:
    We all know that there are Colts fans on here so... Here goes: I am honestly sorry to hear that Manning will miss significant time. We in New England know what it is like to see your franchise QB go down before the season really begins. Hopefully he fully recovers and can come back to the feild sooner rather than later. Follow the Colts as though Manning is out there. I can honestly say that 2008 was a great year to be a Pats fan, and I truly hope 2011 is a great year to be a Colt.
    Posted by oh-my-beard

Classy post beard. I second this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Message to Colts fans : you don't think collins is any good?
    Posted by UD6

no. Rather take my lumps with painter, either you go diving for draft picks or he turns into a QB. Collins gets you 8-8 and you still need to find a QB next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am indifferent....Not happy or sad regarding Peyton's injury

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Love or hate the Colts, there is no denying how good of a QB Manning is.  I always hate to see athletes get hurt, especially one as historically good as Manning.  Colts v. Pats will never be the same if Manning can't fully recover and play again. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

dont get me wrong, i think its awful what peyton is going through and i wish him a speedy recovery, but i think its almost as bad how different the reaction is to this then how it was when brady was hurt..some people even bought bernard pollard jerseys because of the hit he put on tb to end his season, this is why i think pats fans are the class of the NFL, because we want to face the teams best every week and do not want to see their players hurt, while many other teams fans find it amusing when another teams player goes down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Message to Colts fans : thanks beard.
    Posted by UD6

I'll second his sentiment

I hope you keep showing up here.  I'll respect you more if you do.  While I'm also becoming one of those spoiled Patriots/Celtics/Sox fans, I'm proud that I sat through Eric Montross and Andrew DeClerq, watched them tear down the Garden, sat 20 feet from Shannon Sharpe as he called the National Guard during a 31-0 Broncos beatdown, sat 8 rows behind home plate as the Yankees drubbed the Sox 19-8 in Game 3 of the ALCS where I left saying to my sister that they'd either implode forever or win the series in indignant anger, and rooted for Matt Cassel after staring in abject horror as Brady lay on the field after Pollard hit him low.

I hate that the Colts get more defensive secondary penalties than every other team in the league combined, but the league is better for having Manning in it and I truly wanted to watch him break every record that Favre still clings to

And while I don't want to see this magical Belichick-Brady run end, I would like to see Brady and Manning retire at the same time with similar ceremonies held at each stadium a la Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.  It's only fitting because the two QBs will forever be linked together.

Get well soon, Peyton Manning.  It won't be the same if he's not in top form for the December 4th game in Foxborough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Peyton Manning - Sucks to go out like that but with one year out we'll watch Brady catch up a year in stats and put to rest who the best truly is...

Indianapolis - Sucks to go out like that but we'll see who the best team truly is... Time to put up or shut up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Manning going down is bad for all involved. I love our rivalry and that is winding down, this just robs us of a year. I would hope the Colts are better than the 3-13 all these experts are predicting? Manning is good but he does not walk on water, I don't think.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    YOU JUST WON THE ANDREW LUCK SWEEPSTAKES

next time check if your most expensive player is healthy before you dish out loads of cash to him.

Sections
Shortcuts