MIA-NE game moved to 4.30 pm next SUN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: MIA-NE game moved to 4.30 pm next SUN

Colts would be way better off to throw a vanilla game plan at Houston... With the hope of facing them in the second round.  Colts have little to gain except a possibly different matchup ... They get #4 seed in 1st round, Baltimore or NE.  If pats move up with Houston loss, that doesn't help colts at all.  So win and help pats?  conflict of interest.  they should focus on 1st round opponent  with eye on getting through...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

queue conspiracy theorists in 3..2..1

[/QUOTE]

I could see Baltimore with a major point of contention.  NE gets to now rest players based on the result of ravens 1:00 game... this luxury wouldn't be available without the flex...

3-2-1... Helps pats, not sure who decides this stuff based on what rule...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could see Baltimore with a major point of contention.  NE gets to now rest players based on the result of ravens 1:00 game... this luxury wouldn't be available without the flex...

[/QUOTE]

Well, except the Ravens game is basically meaningless. Do you think Baltimore is going to go all out for a small chance at the 3 seed which means they would face Cinci, instead of just resting their injured guys and facing a rookie QB?  I doubt it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, except the Ravens game is basically meaningless. Do you think Baltimore is going to go all out for a small chance at the 3 seed which means they would face Cinci, instead of just resting their injured guys and facing a rookie QB?  I doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

It's hardly meaningless...  Ravens and pats could switch 3-4 position .  That isn't exactly earth shattering but 3 is clearly better in the event both 3 and 4 get through to afc championship...  But the bigger point is that NE gets the advantage of knowing result of ravens game instead of assuming like you are doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They flexed it to prevent teams from having nothing to play for.

Even if HOU wins, NE still has a shot at a bye since Den needs to beat KC to lock up the second seed.

If HOU loses, then NE needs to win to get a bye.

Same goes for Den.

If NE lost at 1 pm and HOU won, then DEN could rest their starters. By pushing NE up to 4:25, NE and DEN will be less inclinded to rest their starters

[/QUOTE]

Now that sounds like the right reason to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think CBS wanted a decent late game for their national game. think about who's gonna watch KC-Den or SD-Oak?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'll give Denver a 5% chance of losing, not much but not zero.  I'll give Denver a 20% chance of being within striking range of losing around 6:45, with an 80% chance of cruising at that point. 

The big game for New England is Houston at Indy where Indy's coach is at least talking a tough game.  My first guess is that Coach Pagano has a 70% chance of meaning it.  Indy by 2.6 points, due to Houston looking terrible versus Minnesota and at New England, plus not particularly sparkling versus Indy two weeks ago.

The second big game is Baltimore with little to play for, versus Cincinnati with nothing to play for.  That one will be over by 4:00.  However, the critical question for the Baltimore game is whether they let New England sneak down into the #4 spot.  As I've said, the #4 seed is notably preferable to the #3 seed as long as Houston is #1 and Denver is #2.  No question in my mind.

IF Houston is off the table by 4:15 AND if Denver is walloping Kansas City by their fourth quarter around 7:00, I'd expect BB to pull some starters late.  It's a tough call.