Miami gonna be big trouble

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Miami gonna be big trouble

I look at the schedule and pick a 12-4 season and feel it's a perfect mean with 1 game either way so 11-5  12-4  13-3 as low mid max. So I look again at where are the 4 losses.

Our history in the early games at Miami has been a wild ride over the years as the Pats have had several bad games down there in the heat.

I NEVER bet against the Pat's, I'll lay off the game, I'm laying off this game Sunday. I think it's a better than average bet it's one of the Pat's losses this season.

I'll be pulling for em' but watch out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Miami gonna be big trouble

Eh?  The beginning of the season is the best time to face Miami.  The weather is less of a factor because the temperature differential between Miami and NE is much lower.  Plus they have some key players like Pouncey who won't be available because of injury.  Small sample size, but when we have played Miami in Miami during the first 4 weeks of the season (2010 and 2011) we won by a combined score of 79-38.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I need 4-5 losses so I look at Sunday as a better than average chance as one of the 4-5 I need.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

3-2 at Sun Life last 5 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I believe overall a losing record at Sun Life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

More often than not in the Brady/Belichick era the games in Miami have been later in the season so the aggregate stats are still consistent with my claim that the weather edge in Miami is less earlier in the year. Most of the "memorable" losses to the Phins in Miami have been later in the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JOHNharvey12345. Show JOHNharvey12345's posts

we played in Miami the first game of the 2011 season and won by a huge margin with brady throwing for over 500 yards, we will be fine on sunday

38-17 pats

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Miami is starting 5 guys on their OL that have never played a snap together and it was a complete mess last year. Our defense is healthy. Gronk is back.

No guarantees, but I feel very good about this one....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I am having a hard time picking the 4-5 losses out of the schedule this year. 15 wins seems unlikely but where would you guys take the 4 losses from?

My gut tell me beware opening day in Miami. If the Pats win it will be by a margin of less than 3 points.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Miami is starting 5 guys on their OL that have never played a snap together and it was a complete mess last year. Our defense is healthy. Gronk is back.

No guarantees, but I feel very good about this one....

We may have Vollmer at guard...not using x's and o's....simply looking for the 4 losses this season.

Some weekends sxxt happens.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Some weekends sxxt happens.....

I totally agree....and (usually) Miami is a safe pick for one of our hiccup games. I just feel good about this one....I can't wait to see this defense with all the starters healthy...and of course our off season pick-ups.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think its safe to go with the Vegas points, rather than the feelings and intuition of posters here.

Pats are a 5 point favorite with an O/U at 47.  So give or take a point or three, I expect a comfortably close game and Pats win 24-20.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The weather does worry me, I know it's hot here in the summer, but not like Miami and certainly not after our cooler summer. Bruschi was on the radio ten minutes ago and he said the entire team dreaded going down to Miami in September...I don't blame them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Miami is no longer any kind of walkover...they are the biggest threat to the Pats right now in the East...The Jets? BWAHAHAHAHA!. I'd watch that last game against the Jets in NY for a letdown and because they hate us so much, but it's the Dolphins I worry about more. They've gotten mucho good draft picks the last few years because of their poor record and have built a good defense. Once they rebuild their O Line they'll be tough. Their QB looks like he's the real deal. He's only going to get better.

Don't forget, once they start winning, lots of young stars with $$$ want to go to a warm sunny place that is exciting and has a boat load of beautiful bikini clad women. They'll start to land more FA's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Miami forecast for Sunday, high 88 degrees humidity 70 percent.

foxboro today, high 92 degrees humidity 83 percent.

Miami will be hot and humid but the conditions will not be something the Pats haven't seen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think the issue will be how well the Pats do getting Miami off the field on 3rd downs and how well the O does on keeping drives going. If the Pats O extends drives and Pat's D gets miami off the field in 3 and outs, we will be in good shape and weather should not matter. 

I think that the main issue for the Pats is the unknown of how they will come together and play as a team, will the coaching strategies work, players do their jobs and the chemistry between everyone come together. This is true for all teams and maybe the Pats will have to gut this one out as those things come together.

I am excited about the games starting, I like the Pat's chances and I don't see the weather as the issue. I think the Pats are better coached and have better leaders than Miami. Miami will be tuff but the Pats will prevail.

Let's get this started..... at least we are talking about games and not if BB or Brady are the issues the Pats have.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Something else to keep in mind is that the Patriots haven't lost the 1st game on their schedule since 2003 which was the famous Buffalo lost to start that Super Bowl run. BB and his staff do a really good job preparing for the first game every year. As they say anything can happen on any given Sunday but I've always liked how they are really prepared for that first game each year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

Something else to keep in mind is that the Patriots haven't lost the 1st game on their schedule since 2003 which was the famous Buffalo lost to start that Super Bowl run. BB and his staff do a really good job preparing for the first game every year. As they say anything can happen on any given Sunday but I've always liked how they are really prepared for that first game each year.

Excellent point! I didn't realize that.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Exactly.  One thing that is usually a lock is BB gameplanning all preseason for the opening opponent.  Easy money.

Miami is without their starting Safety and Center.

Miami is in trouble. I have no idea why anyone would think the Pats are.

Other factors that might be the difference maker in this game is that the Patriots train really hard to be in excellent shape so that they are not tired in the 4th quarter. In addition if the game is close they prepare for situational football that most teams and coaches do not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

There's some teams where you cant explain it, Miami is one of them. Seems we always play one flat game against them every year. Sometimes that's good to wake you up.....just as long its after Halftime. Been watching these 2 teams many years, still nervous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Eh?  The beginning of the season is the best time to face Miami.  The weather is less of a factor because the temperature differential between Miami and NE is much lower.  Plus they have some key players like Pouncey who won't be available because of injury.  Small sample size, but when we have played Miami in Miami during the first 4 weeks of the season (2010 and 2011) we won by a combined score of 79-38.

Agree but it could be a low scoring game.  I'm concerned about Miami's D causing problems not the weather.  I hope McD comes out throwing to vereen and bolden with Gronk as a decoy.  Also look for Develin out of running formations.  This will loosen up the LB's for the running game, and maybe you can hit Dobson over the top.  Want to see the offense attacking and NOT being predictable playing into miami's strength which will be clogging the middle...  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My gut is saying blowout.

First comes a mondo mismatch:  Brady and receivers vs. the Miami defense.  Two useful Miami defenders are MIA because of major drug suspensions: their starting safety and their first round 2013 defensive end.  Cameron Wake may or may not be slowing down with age, Miami is really missing a fifth defensive backfielder and they have lousy linebackers across the board.  Brady, on the other hand, has Gronk, Amendola and Tim Wright.

Second, Mr. Tannenbaum would really benefit from a strong offensive line and no rush.  No and no in spades.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Exactly.  One thing that is usually a lock is BB gameplanning all preseason for the opening opponent.  Easy money.

Miami is without their starting Safety and Center.

Miami is in trouble. I have no idea why anyone would think the Pats are.

Yes Queenie, BB has been game planning for an unknown roster with no film out on then.  What a moron you are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think this game is mostly about the mental makeup of this year's team. The talent is there to win 14 games IF they have the mental fortitude (and of course physical health). Every game is a test but the first game is treacherous because you are just coming off the starting line so to speak and so a danger of not being as mentaly prepared.

If the coaches do their job this week and if the team leaders (this is one of those areas the player leadership is critical) do their jobs then the Pats should be fine. The loss of Mankins (a real team leader) is something that adds to the questions about this game - the mental readiness of the team. But this change also adds the question about the line play in game one. The first in a long time with Mankins and a question as to who will play what positions...

Sections
Shortcuts