Miami gonna be big trouble

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Miami gonna be big trouble

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Something else to keep in mind is that the Patriots haven't lost the 1st game on their schedule since 2003 which was the famous Buffalo lost to start that Super Bowl run. BB and his staff do a really good job preparing for the first game every year. As they say anything can happen on any given Sunday but I've always liked how they are really prepared for that first game each year.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  One thing that is usually a lock is BB gameplanning all preseason for the opening opponent.  Easy money.

Miami is without their starting Safety and Center.

Miami is in trouble. I have no idea why anyone would think the Pats are.

[/QUOTE]

Other factors that might be the difference maker in this game is that the Patriots train really hard to be in excellent shape so that they are not tired in the 4th quarter. In addition if the game is close they prepare for situational football that most teams and coaches do not.

[/QUOTE]

And how do you know this? A little bird on your window sill? Please, they all train hard. When you play for that kind of money, you train hard. This isn't high school.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My gut is saying blowout.

First comes a mondo mismatch:  Brady and receivers vs. the Miami defense.  Two useful Miami defenders are MIA because of major drug suspensions: their starting safety and their first round 2013 defensive end.  Cameron Wake may or may not be slowing down with age, Miami is really missing a fifth defensive backfielder and they have lousy linebackers across the board.  Brady, on the other hand, has Gronk, Amendola and Tim Wright.

Second, Mr. Tannenbaum would really benefit from a strong offensive line and no rush.  No and no in spades. 

[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Agreed! I like the Pats to win by at least 10 points, with or without Gronk. The Pats will be ready for this one!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Have folks forgotten that in a critical late season loss last year to the Dolphins the Patriots blew their chance to host the AFC Championship Game. It's pay-back time but the Fins are a pretty good team and they shouldn't be taken lightly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Something else to keep in mind is that the Patriots haven't lost the 1st game on their schedule since 2003 which was the famous Buffalo lost to start that Super Bowl run. BB and his staff do a really good job preparing for the first game every year. As they say anything can happen on any given Sunday but I've always liked how they are really prepared for that first game each year.

Exactly.  One thing that is usually a lock is BB gameplanning all preseason for the opening opponent.  Easy money.

[/QUOTE]

Other factors that might be the difference maker in this game is that the Patriots train really hard to be in excellent shape so that they are not tired in the 4th quarter. In addition if the game is close they prepare for situational football that most teams and coaches do not.

[/QUOTE]

And how do you know this? A little bird on your window sill? Please, they all train hard. When you play for that kind of money, you train hard. This isn't high school.

[/QUOTE]

OMG I can't believe you are asking and saying this. I've been to plenty of the Patriot training camps watched them running their sprints at the end of hours of drills and have read about their conditioning plenty of times. They ended up running sprints after hours of practicing with Washington and some of the new players that played on other teams said they were not use to that type of conditioning. It's interviews that I've read. I've also seen it first hand when teams defenses have their hands on their hips late in the 3rd quarter playing the Patriots a dead sign that they are not as well conditioned.

Also, the Patriots practice an up tempo offense which forces the defense to practice a lot more plays than defenses that do not practice the up tempo. So they are forced into being in better shape.

Did you read where the Patriots are going to Miami two days early? Wonder why? Yup a little bird told me. ;-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Tannehill didn't look sharp this preseason and it could have had a lot to do with that offensive line.  The QB has been off target throwing behind the receiver.  I don't think Miami is presently capable of scoring many points.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Patriots New England Patriots
    With a win Sunday, the Pats would tie the Dolphins (1992-02) for the 2nd-most consecutive season opener wins of all-time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tannehill didn't look sharp this preseason and it could have had a lot to do with that offensive line.  The QB has been off target throwing behind the receiver.  I don't think Miami is presently capable of scoring many points.

[/QUOTE]

I don't either, especially with all of their issues on the O Line.  It's not like their receivers or run game is somehow an advantage.

I just don't see it. Who knows in Week 1, but I don't see it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

And another dog didn't bark--

Easley isn't on the injury report.  He's not out.  He's not injured with limited participation.  He's not even injured with full participation.  So, he's bringing it.  Blitzers don't need that much practice to get up to full speed, they just go on the snap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The hiccup had to come somewhere, I had bad vibes, I have the Pats with 3 road losses and 1 home loss. This is 1 of the road losses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

The hiccup had to come somewhere, I had bad vibes, I have the Pats with 3 road losses and 1 home loss. This is 1 of the road losses.

Once Wheeler couldn't go, Misi and then Ellerbe went down, it should have been a feeding frenzy for Brady and the run game.

Also, Pouncey and their starting Safety were also out.  My god.  How on earth did they let Miami off the hook here?

Conditioning?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

I look at the schedule and pick a 12-4 season and feel it's a perfect mean with 1 game either way so 11-5  12-4  13-3 as low mid max. So I look again at where are the 4 losses.

Our history in the early games at Miami has been a wild ride over the years as the Pats have had several bad games down there in the heat.

I NEVER bet against the Pat's, I'll lay off the game, I'm laying off this game Sunday. I think it's a better than average bet it's one of the Pat's losses this season.

I'll be pulling for em' but watch out.

[/QUOTE]

why do fans forget that it's hard to win in miami?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

Sxit happens....

Once Wheeler couldn't go, Misi and then Ellerbe went down, it should have been a feeding frenzy for Brady and the run game.

Also, Pouncey and their starting Safety were also out.  My god.  How on earth did they let Miami off the hook here?

Conditioning?

[/QUOTE]

Sxit happens...that's all

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You called it. I just think they gave this one away like last year down there.  Brady threw way too many times then, too.

The pressure on this D is immense for entire halves. It's got to stop.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You called it. I just think they gave this one away like last year down there.  Brady threw way too many times then, too.

The pressure on this D is immense for entire halves. It's got to stop.

[/QUOTE]

The D could have helped themselves a bit there if they simply finished making tackles...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tannehill looked just fine but really it didn't matter as Miami's run game ran wild on the Pats horrible D putting 33.  If they didn't turn it over 3 times they would've put up 50.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eh?  The beginning of the season is the best time to face Miami.  The weather is less of a factor because the temperature differential between Miami and NE is much lower.  Plus they have some key players like Pouncey who won't be available because of injury.  Small sample size, but when we have played Miami in Miami during the first 4 weeks of the season (2010 and 2011) we won by a combined score of 79-38.

[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More often than not in the Brady/Belichick era the games in Miami have been later in the season so the aggregate stats are still consistent with my claim that the weather edge in Miami is less earlier in the year. Most of the "memorable" losses to the Phins in Miami have been later in the season.

[/QUOTE]

Spot on again. You are 2 for 2.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's it. I'll be polite: because they suck and that's why they think that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OMG I can't believe you are asking and saying this. I've been to plenty of the Patriot training camps watched them running their sprints at the end of hours of drills and have read about their conditioning plenty of times. They ended up running sprints after hours of practicing with Washington and some of the new players that played on other teams said they were not use to that type of conditioning. It's interviews that I've read. I've also seen it first hand when teams defenses have their hands on their hips late in the 3rd quarter playing the Patriots a dead sign that they are not as well conditioned.

Also, the Patriots practice an up tempo offense which forces the defense to practice a lot more plays than defenses that do not practice the up tempo. So they are forced into being in better shape.

Did you read where the Patriots are going to Miami two days early? Wonder why? Yup a little bird told me. ;-)

[/QUOTE]

I've been doing an up tempo training regiment forever and I'm in great shape, but that Miami heat and humidity plays no favorites.  And I know quite a bit about Miami after living there for some years. Two days early is not enough and poor judgement by the entire Pats' organization. I bet a good chunk on the 'Phins to win. No one wants to be here in September. No one. Even the Pats and their up tempo preparations. They should have arrived here on Monday. Who was it that said, 'easy money'? I LMAO at that cornball remark by the board genius.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've been doing an up tempo training regiment forever and I'm in great shape, but that Miami heat and humidity plays no favorites.  And I know quite a bit about Miami after living there for some years. Two days early is not enough and poor judgement by the entire Pats' organization. I bet a good chunk on the 'Phins to win. No one wants to be here in September. No one. Even the Pats and their up tempo preparations. They should have arrived here on Monday. Who was it that said, 'easy money'? I LMAO at that cornball remark by the board genius.

[/QUOTE]

Works both ways...the Phins wither on the vine with their thin blood late in the year here in the 'Boro when they need to wear their woollen undies when it's anywhere under 50 degrees and a 10 MPH wind. It all evens out.

Sections
Shortcuts